www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Elk M1 Plug-In

Elk M1 Plug-In Discussions related to the Elk M1 Security System plug-in by Mark Lyons.

Old December 4th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Seer Plus

Default Where do I download ElkRP?

When I received my Elk M1 Gold I was surprised to find that it did not include a CD with ElkRP. Anyone know where I can obtain this software. It is supposedly free.

I tried Elk Products but it appears that the download area is limited to dealers and installers.
Old December 4th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Seer

I called Worthington - who I bought the panel from, and they shipped me out a CD. I'm currently trying to get an account setup on the Elk M1 website and others here seem to have managed to get access.

Phil
Old December 4th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Seer Plus

I hope Elk provides a forum and access for hobbyists. They seem to have a very good product with the M1 Standard and Gold. I sold off my ADI Ocelot (which has top notch customer service and an excellent forum) and modules to migrate to the Elk, let's see how it goes. Right now I am reading the install manual and trying to figure out where I want to place the keypad. I am also waiting for my PSC-05 and will order the ElkRP Software CD at the same time. Meanwhile I will wire everything up on a test bench.

Are you using the wireless expander and if so do you recomment the 4408E, 4416E or the 4448E? Wireless PIRs are very expensive in comparison to hardwired.
Old December 4th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Seer Master

Talking

MrOcelot - Welcome.

You can download both the firmware and ElkRP software from the Dealer website. Call Elk to have them set you up with a username and password.

Mark
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Seer Plus

Called Elk and they had processed the registration. I can now access the forum and download firmware upgrades and s/w.