Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BackeRupp

Hi Rupp,

Could not find a discussion threat for this programme so started one.

When I run BackeRupp and go to add files/folders I get a windows error "File or directory doas not exist"

Any ideas.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Gogs,
    This is a check for the backup directory field above this File/Directory Name. I designed the form to be filed in from the top down and if you try to add a file to the backup set before the Backup Directory is set this is the error that occurs. I need to make this much more evident on the warning message. I'll fix that and post a new version. I have made a few other changes that should make it easier to use. I'll post it when I get home.

Greg
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I originally had it set to a mapped drive, changed that to a local tmp directory, still the same error. All fields are completed from the top down and the DILL is in windows/system32 folder.

Remember I am running Windows98V2 at this point.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,
        Does the directory that your keying in exist? Are you browsing to that directory? If not you will get that error. Try this exe and let me know if it works any better on win 98.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
          Gogs,
          Does the directory that your keying in exist? Are you browsing to that directory? If not you will get that error. Try this exe and let me know if it works any better on win 98.
          Hi Rupp,

The answer is yes to both your questions. Tried the download attached - no joy - same error message.

Could it be something to do with the "Bakup Set Name" I am typing in as the dropdown is blank?

Hum... Gogs try selecting the browse button after getting that error and selecting ok to dismiss the message and see if you can browse to a directory. I'm getting that error as well all of a sudden but I can dismiss it and still browse.
          Last edited by Rupp; July 11, 2005, 07:16 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Gogs,
            See if you can dismiss the error and then select the browse button. I'm having the same trouble that you are at the moment.

Comment

It Works

Thanks Rupp that worked, and whats more when I went to add more files etc. I got no error message.

I wonder if it was the directory name or something it did not like, anyway a great little utility.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I'll fix that and get you a new version tonight when I get home. Let me know if you have any problems.

Comment

Rupp,

One thing. I can get it to back up multible complete directory's no problem, however, I cannot figure out how to select individual files and back them up as one zip as opposed to creating having a different scheme for each one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Gogs,
                    I didn't think about that duh! Let me see how hard that would be to add. It should be that hard at all but I'm working overtime at work right now so it may be a day or 2.

Comment

Gogs,
                      I didn't think about that duh! Let me see how hard that would be to add. It should be that hard at all but I'm working overtime at work right now so it may be a day or 2.
                      Gee, And I thought you wrote your scripts and progs at work
                      sigpic

Comment

Gogs,
                        Never did get a reply to that one, anyway. to reserect a topic.

I have had enough with Active Backup, does not have the finese that BackeRupp had with HS1.

I am going to try the version posted above with HS2.1 running under it;s normal requirements, ie XP Pro and Net 1 & 2 and see if I can get it to work.

If you would like to through in a "better" version let me know.

Thanks
                        sigpic

Comment

I think you have the latest version. If it has a browse dir and browse file button then it's the latest version.

Comment

Thanks.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think you have the latest version. If it has a browse dir and browse file button then it's the latest version.
                              It works perfectly with HS2.1.75. Still trying to remember all of it's setup, but it is easy to set up. Still not sure what the "browse File" button is for, or is it to allow a silgle file to be backed up?

I don't suppose you could post a link to the original instructions, or why not re-post it as a "Script" so newer member could enjoy it if they wished.

It's a lot faster than Active Backup and as it's an exe called from HS does not slow down or interfere with HS operations.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X