title : my.GasBuddy
    filename: my.gasbuddy.txt
    version: 0.3
    description: report preferred station using GasBuddy.com data
    author: Dan (electron)
    email: dan at marstracker dot org

changelog:
    • version 0.3 (09032005): include 'last updated' timestamp
    • version 0.2 (09032005): due to complex HTML code, switched code to use regular expressions
    • version 0.1 (09012005): created script

Instructions:
    • [1] Copy this script to the Homeseer scripts directory.
    • [2] Go to the GasBuddy.com site, pick your local GasBuddy site, and 'search' for your gas station. Try to narrow down the search as much as possible by specifying an Area and the type of gas station (you want to avoid your preferred station not showing up in the list).
    • [3] Set the variables in the 'User definable Settings' section, follow the provided example.

Download and Updates have been posted here
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)
    Do You Cocoon? Home Automation News, Tutorials, Reviews, Forums & Chat

It shows whatever station you have selected. Since the value is also stored in the DeviceValue field, you can trigger events when the price changes. You can also make your morning routine announce the current price by reading the devicestring.
    HSPRO 2.4 (ESXi 4.1) | my.Alert NEW | my.Trigger | HSTouch | ACRF2 | UltraM1G | BLWeather | BLLan | Rover
    (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Support for an array of stations will be added soon. I personally use this so I get notified if the price changes (email & TTS) for the only gas station I go to, and it is also added to the morning routine (so I have an idea of what's going on when I get up in the morning). If you keep hearing announcements that the price is going up, you know it's time to jump in your car and go get the tank filled before it gets too high. I wrote it for personal use, and figured I would share the code, showing how you can obtain hard to parse data with just a few lines and no loop.
      (aka xplosiv)

Comment

Working...
      X