Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrolling weather forecast in HomeSeer 2 header.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrolling weather forecast in HomeSeer 2 header.

Install instructions for adding a scrolling weather forecast to the HomeSeer 2 header.

Required: weatherXML, HomeSeer 2

1. Setup HomeSeer options
    a. Open a browser to your HomeSeer and click the setup button.
    b. Click on the Web Site tab.
    c. Find Functions To Call with Body Onload. Enter "displayWeather();".
    d. Click Save

2. Edit meta.htm
    a. If you don't have a meat.htm file, the create one. Save it in the HomeSeer/html directory.
    b. Add the following code to meta.htm.

PHP Code:
    <SCRIPT language="Javascript" src="/weathercom_xml/weatherxml.js"></SCRIPT>
    <
    script>
    <!--
    function 
    displayWeather() {
    sMessage weatherScroll;
    userclock.innerHTML=sMessage;
    userclock.style.display='';
    userclock.className="weatherscroll";
    }
    //-->
    </script
    3. Setup script
    a. Download the attached script to the scripts directory.
    b. Schedule the script to run sometime after the weatherxml script.
    c. Run the script now to get the javascript file created for you.

4. Edit style.css (Optional)
    a. Add the following to your style sheet (homeseer/html/style.css)
    PHP Code:
    .weatherscroll {
    coloryellow;
    width300 px;

Step 4 is optional and you can change the style to your liking.

Edited 9/12/2005 to add step 4.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CFGuy; September 12, 2005, 07:31 AM.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Thank you....
    Don

Comment

CFGuy:

Thanks!! I did all that you stated but I get nothingn scrolling. Everything installed fine and I receive no errors. I restarted HS after install. Am I missing something??

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Thanks
        CF!

Comment

mbreeden,

Did it create weatherxml.js in the HomeSeer/html/weathercom_xml directory?
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Yes, it did

Comment

Is your HomeSeer open to the public using the guest login?
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

yes

69.161.127.109:7003

Comment

mbreeden,

I took a look around and found the problem. You need to create the weather devices for weatherXML, especially the Forecast Device Code.

Look on /weathercom_xml/weathercom_xmlsetup.asp and enter a device code for Forecase Device Code, then on the stat page, create a virtual device called 36 Hour Forecast. Set Use Forecast Marquee to yes.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

CFGuy:

Created device t3, set in the weather.xml too t3 and marquee to "yes". Do I need to restart in order too see it. I ran Weather.xml and scrolling script after I made the changes but nothing

Thanks for the help

Mike

Comment

I just noticed it is scrolling in the status field for the virtual device

Comment

Ok, sorry about that. I originally wrote the scroll script for me to use so I hard coded in the weatherXML device name.

Change the location and name of your 36 Hour forecst to:

Name: 36 Hour Forcast

Then run the script that creates the javascript file.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Made the changes but still the same. Should I delete the Java script file and let it recreate?

- Mike

Comment

Bad spelling on my part.

The script is expecting the device name to be
                            36 Hour Forcast

What I typed earlier was
                            36 Hour Forecast

Change your device name from Forecast to Forcast.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

CFGuy:

Thanks for all the help!!! I appreciate all your time and effort. It is working like a champ.

Thanks again

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X