This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smarthome Device and Scene Support is here

Here is the second version. The Scenes page are included. I have only tested these pages with HS2.0 (no earlier versions)

I welcome your feedback

Installation instructions:

1. Unzip the files in the attachment to the folder html/smarthome (the html folder is where your current hs2 installation exists). The smarthome subfolder is required at this time.
    2. Add a custom page to the Setup/Web Site page. the Title can be whatever you want (e.g. SmartHome) and the URL/Link should be /smarthome/smarthome.asp
    3. Click your new custom button to access the smarthome programming features.

Other information:

Your smarthome device types must have the "uses smartlinc protocol" option check in order for devices to show the Devices page. You must create a device type called "Scene" and assign any scenes (a device of type scene) to that type in order for the scene to show on the Scene page.

The device on-level settings are saved in your config database. So the values will match if you use the existing HS2 Switchlinc Settings page. However the fade rate is not saved by HS2 setting page. I would suggest using my new page as your fade rate settings will be saved in a smarthome.ini file in the config folder.

The Scene page will allow the creation of SH scenes. First create a device type called Scene on the Setup/Device Types page. Then create devices (that have a name, location and a valid x10 address, no virtual codes) of type Scene on the Status/Add Device page. These new devices will then show up in the Select Scene dropdown on the new Scene page.

To program a scene, select the devices to include and set the levels and fade rates. Then click the Set Device Levels btn and wait for your lights to flash. Then click the Set Fade Rates btn and wait for the lights to flash again.

You may remove devices from the scene by clicking the Remove btn. Remove one device at a time.

There are also test btns, Scene On and Scene Off that just send the x10 on/off cmds respectively.

Enjoy!
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
    Last edited by mnsandler; October 3, 2007, 08:11 PM. Reason: Please find the latest version of the smarthome switchlinc plug-in in the updater
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Thanks for sharing this info. I have often asked why there wasn't more support from Homeseer for Smarthome devices. I have several smarthome switches and relays and I have to choose generic types
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Love it!

This is so nice to have.

The scene functionality is working very well.

Thanks a million!

Comment

I love the Smarthome Settings ASP pages.

There is a problem with the scenes functions. The lights work as far as fade rates and on levels, however, the status of the lights are not updating on the status page in HS. Example. If the lights were off before issueing the scene command they still appear off after issueing the scene command, but the lights are on.
        Thanks,

T.

Comment

hs2 is not sh scene aware

Originally posted by Tcassio
          There is a problem with the scenes functions. The lights work as far as fade rates and on levels, however, the status of the lights are not updating on the status page in HS. Example. If the lights were off before issueing the scene command they still appear off after issueing the scene command, but the lights are on.
          its not so much a problem as the functionality you mentioned does not exist. the problem is HS2 is not really aware of these scenes thus we would probably need an event that would capture the scene cmds and update the status page with the appropriate values.

i will consider this as a future enhancement.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

mnsandler,

I have been working on a script to put my switchlinc's in a scene. I can't use your asp files becuase I'm currently on 1.7 and they don't seem to work there.

I seem to be doing exactly what your asp page does though to setup the scene. It does not work for me. If I use the smarthome manager, it can setup scenes. It seems to be doing the same thing I am in HS. I don't get it. Does this look right to you?

hs.ExecX10 "O16", "NoCmd"
            hs.ExecX10 "N16", "NoCmd"
            hs.ExecX10 "M16", "NoCmd"
            hs.ExecX10 "P16", "NoCmd"

hs.ExecX10 "C5", "ddim",80
            hs.ExecX10 "C7", "ddim",80

hs.ExecX10 "N16", "NoCmd"
            hs.ExecX10 "O16", "NoCmd"
            hs.ExecX10 "P16", "NoCmd"

hs.Execx10 "E1", "NoCmd"

Then when I do an E1 on/off, nothing happens. Any help you can shed on this would be much appreciated!

Chad.

Comment

I think the problem is "NoCmd" should be "No Cmd". the hs2 docs conflict on this, but "No Cmd" worked for me where "NoCmd" didn't. You should see your lights change as the dim levels are set and then flash again once the scene is set at the last cmd.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

That did it! Thanks! The HS 1.7 docs are wrong. There is no space in "NoCmd". This probably solves the problems I was having programing my keypadlinc as well. I'll give it a try. Thanks again!

Now, I can try my automated lights on when someone walks into a room. I'm not sure what others do, but the problem I had was this:

1) I want the motion sensor to turn on the lights direclty. That is only a 1 second delay vs. a three second delay of a HS trigger.

2) I want to tell the difference between motion sensor turing on the lights vs a person pressing the switch. So, they simply can't be the same address.

3) I only want the lights to automaticly go on when it is dark out.

So, here is my solution:

1) At dusk, have HS run scripts that sets up scenes for each room. IE - E1 will be a scene that turns on the kitchen lights.

2) Set the motion sensors to the secene codes. IE - Kitchen sensor will be E1

3) At dawn, have HS run scripts that removes the switches from all the scenes.

Now, I can tell the diference between motion and manual pressing a switch button and I get faster reaction from the motion to turn on the lights! At least that is the plan. Now that I can setup scenes, I can test it.

I know, more information than this thread should have, but I thought I would share.

Comment

mnsandler--

I can not seem to get the page to load. I think that I saved it to the wrong folder. Where should it be saved at???

Should it be saved in the HS folder, or a sub folder???

Thanks for the help

Steve

Comment

there is an html folder inside your hs folder. within the html folder you need to create a 'smarthome' folder and put all the smarthome files in there.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

mnsandler--

I installed the file whee you said to, and the page is opening, but that is all that is being displayed.

Do I have to do something else to get the devices or the status to load???

thanks

Steve

Comment

The "use smarthome protocol" option must be checked in the device type config for them to show on the device page. for scenes to show, you must create a device type called "scene" and then assign your scene devices to that type.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Just downloaded and tried with HS 1.7.43. Unfortunately, no joy. Just get this error:
                          Script error: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'hs.GetPageHeader' Response.Send hs.GetPageHeader("SmartHome Programming", "", "", False, False, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing)
                          Great idea though. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.
                          Best regards,
                          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks loads for this. I just installed 18 Switchlinc V2s, and wasn't looking forward to programming them all. Now it should be a snap!

HS2 is not really aware of these scenes thus we would probably need an event that would capture the scene cmds and update the status page with the appropriate values.

As a short-term solution, how difficult would it be to tell HS to poll devices after a scene is run?

BTW, the devices dialog reads "Uses SmartLinc Protocol"

Comment

Originally posted by mfisher
                              Just downloaded and tried with HS 1.7.43. Unfortunately, no joy. Just get this error: Great idea though. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.
                              As mentioned, I developed these scripts on HS2 and used several new HS methods such as GetPageHeader and GetDeviceEnumerator which are not avail in 1.7.x
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X