MyTeamSchedule Script Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MyTeamSchedule Script Discussion

Discussion of the new MyTeamSchedule script which will get your favorite MLB, NBA, NCAA Basketball or NHL teams next game information and update a device with logos and gametime info. It will also create an event (x)minutes before game time and speak a reminder over HS. Plus, it creates a VR event so you can ask HS when the next game is for your team.

Please let me know how it works and if you are using it. I hope to make some enhancements to it in the near future!

The latest version is available at: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=108660

Jay Fro
    Last edited by ; April 4, 2008, 11:19 PM. Reason: updated description with MLB and VR info

Has anyone tried my script yet?

Curious if anyone has tried it and if it is working? I had to set the script to run at 5am to make sure I got the latest update. Not sure the exact time Fox updates their site, but I know when I ran at 1am it would pull the next game. 5am has worked without issue for my avalanche!

Jay Fro

Comment

I'm using it to track NCAA basketball for my favorite teams. It works great. It would be a nice feature if you could add VR, so you could request the next game via the microphone or telephone.

Thanks again for a great script!

Comment

Glad to hear it is working for you! I uploaded a new version that will now create an event that allows you to speak "When is the next game for the Avalanche" or whatever your team name is. For NCAA, since it uses the city/school name, you wouldn't use the word "the" before your team.

Homeseer will reply with the following for example: "the Avalanche will be playing on Monday, November 21 at 8:00:00 PM against the Flames".

I also tweaked the date display on the device string so it shows "Monday, November 21" instead of 11/21/05.

Jay Fro

Comment

I am having a problem. I have 2 copies set up. Both NHL, one for Senators and one for Bruins. THe Bruins one works fine, but the Senators one says the next game is Oct. 22 against FLA, but the next game is tomorrow against MTL.

Any ideas?

D

Comment

Ill take a look this evening and see what is going on. Thanks for reporting it.

Jay Fro

Comment

looks like the foxsports website doesn't have some of the games updating properly. Their site still lists the next game as 10/22. Same with the RedWings when I just scanned through. Not sure what to do about it at this point.. very much a bummer!!

I see it on Panthers too. I wonder why just those teams aren't updating on the fox site...

will check tomorrow to see if it updates after todays game. I assume not since it has been since oct !

Jay Fro

Comment

VR works like a champ! Thanks again.

Comment

Having trouble with the VR Reminder executing

Jayfro,

This is a great script! I'm new to the HS world and have just been trying to figure out how things work. I downloaded this script and it seemed to execute just as expected. I was having difficulting get the VR reminder to work, however. Once I went into the event and 're-saved' it, it seemed to work just fine.

Any ideas one why it only would work after I manually save the VR reminder script?

I'm running HS2.0.

Thanks again for this script...it has already increased the 'wow' factor with my wife as she is an avid Avs fan!

Scott
                  Last edited by ScottM; December 4, 2005, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments Scott!

I can't think of why the VR script wouldn't be created and saved on its own. Is the event created, but just disabled (does it have the red circle with the line through it showing that it is disabled)? If you can tell me a bit more about the state of the VR event before and after you "re-save". Also, do you have HS Phone? I wonder if there is an issue because I set the VR for phone or mic and I don't know what it will do if you don't have HS Phone. If that is the case, I will look into a workaround that will take it into account.

Thanks

Jay Fro (anxiously awaiting a reminder in 15 minutes that the Avs are playing at 8pm cst!)

Comment

JayFro.
                      Still waiting for the BassMasters script

Comment

JayFro,

The event looks just fine (at least as I would expect it to look). It exists, and is not disabled. In checking the speaker log, the last thing that is displayed after the VR event is created is: "Rebuilding VR commands due to configuration change". If I speak the command: "When is the next game for the Avalanche", it doesn't respond. All I have to do is bring the event up and press save. I change nothing else. It then works just fine.

No, I do not have the HS Phone, so I'm doing everything over microphone.

It seems like all should work just fine the way you have it set up. But what do I know being a newbie!

Scott

Comment

Launching Script to get the next game?

JayFro,

In your setup, how are you launching this script after the 'current' game has been played so that the next game is retrieved? Do you just schedule it everyday to lookup the next game?

Scott

Comment

Sorry for not replying soon folks! For some reason, I didn't get an email from the board of post.

Anyway, I have an event schedule to run the script at 5am each day. I originally had it set to 1am, but found that Fox hadn't updated the site for the next game by that time. So far 5am has hit it every time.

Jay Fro

Comment

I have been running this script for the past week and it's working fine for me, it would be nice now if I had a script that could tell me the score for the previous game if I missed it.

Great work Jay!

Comment

Working...
                              X