Strange I/O Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange I/O Issue

I have just upgraded to HS2.0.2040 a few days ago and everything in Ocelot and SECU land worked fine until i came home from work today. I have 8 internal dorrs that use magnetic contacts wired to the SECU-16 as I/O points. When a door is opened it triggres an event that sounds off an alert so we know if the kids are into something they shouldn't be. All of the sudden the doors are not working now. I researched this and found that the plugin in reference for ADIOcelot was not correct so I toggled that and reboot both of the controllers and the HS Server. This seemed to work fine on my initial testing but upon using the same door a few minutes later no signal was sent. Looking at the status in HS it isn't updated even after a refresh and if I reboot again -- all is well for the first event again and then the functionality goes away.

Any ideas?

This setup worked for almost a year under 1.7 with no issues at all and has worked for the last 2 1/2 days with no trouble and just went nuts.

No other system changes have taken place since the upgrade and everything else appears to be A OK.

The ADIOcelot process is running also so I am a bit stumped.

Did you try reloading the Ocelots' Controller Executive? I had a problem with my SECU16, the relays were not being recognised until I reloaded the Controller Executive. Everything has been Ok since.

Comment

What do you mean by Controller Executive? I have rebooted the system which reloads the exe for the plugin. I have opened the config and updated it a number of times and only if I power cycle everything will it work but only once.

Everything was fine for 3 days -- maybe I need to unload the ADIOcelot plugin and try the Ocelot plugin -- I hate having to rework everything

Comment

OK, I think I have the issue worked out now. What appeared to be an Ocelot intermitant issue now appears to have really been a Comm I/O issue with my Edgeport 8 and the system. I noticed that my temp08 temps werte not updating either this morning and came to the conclusion that the Caddx Plugin was sieazing the Comm capability via the Edgeport. I disabled the Caddx plugin and all is well now. All door are back to reporting. This caddz thing takes about 20 minutes to init and I guess it hangs the interface open as the edgeport config utility reported all comms failed when the plugin was enabled yet it passes when you turn that specifically off.

Comment

Ok- I'll ask the question- what is the controller executive? I upgraded to HS 2.0 and the plugin sees my SECU 16 inputs but the relays do not work. They work fine under CMAX control- just not from HS 2.0
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
          Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
          weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Did this ever get fixed? its exactly the problem I have

I can go into CMAX and change the relays, and that seems to work, but when I use the HS browser interface and press On or Off, then refresh the screen, the relays don't seem to have been changed at all. Operating the relays from a script doesn't seem to do anything either

Comment

The usual problem with relays not working is the plugin was never selected to by ADIOcelot vs. Applied Digital Ocelot. With HS1 it did not matter, but with HS2 the plugin name needs to match the .Interface property of the devices otherwise HS2 will not call the plugin to act upon output requests.

Comment

Broken SECU outputs

Ok I have tried both Applied Digital Ocelot and ADIOcelot option but still no control over SUCU16 Relays. Inputs are fine with either option.

Any other suggestions? Control in CMAX is fine but HS cannot change their state.

Last time I had this problem I gave up and rverted to the HS plugin but I much prefer the ability to swap between HS and CMAX 'live'!

Jon

Comment

Most of my plugins have a debug output capablity with a debug setting. With the older ones it goes to the HS log and the newer ones to a file in the \Data subfolder. If it has this debug then you can set it and I can look at the data generated.

Comment

Michael,

Please find attached the ocelot log and an extract of the HS log for the same actions (trying to operate a SECU16 relay output with the HS interface on/off buttons).

There were no unusual initialisation logs entries.

regards

Jon
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the debug info I was interested in is not available. I had previously traced down this path in a special build for someone and I'm attaching it for your use for investigation. It shows the trace from when HS commands to when ADIOcelot hands off to the Ocelot.
                      Attached Files

Comment

that works!

Michael,

With your debug version, the relay outputs change correctly!?

I have also been messing around with the scripts provided in another thread to amend the misc properties as I had also discovered the problem of losing the ability to trigger from the ocelet/secu devices.

So I committed a cardinal sin and changed two things. I now dont know which fixed the issue...

I willl try swapping back the plugin tomorrow. Dont want to do it now as the heating now works again and its freezing. I think I will warm up first and the the log overflow with debugs!

Will post back.

Jon

Comment

Should you wish, the attached is the same build as I just gave you without the writes to the log
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks michael. Your help is really appreciated!

Comment

Please point me to the message that you are referring to...

Originally posted by b50int View Post

I have also been messing around with the scripts provided in another thread to amend the misc properties as I had also discovered the problem of losing the ability to trigger from the ocelet/secu devices.

Jon
                              Don

Comment

Working...
                              X