X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which RF receiver?

Hi all,

Newbie with HA and I want to make sure I buy the best components. Should I get the WX800, the rfxcon one or this one from smarthome http://www.smarthome.com/4831k.html
    for receiving my wireless X10 signals?

Thank you for your time.
    Nick

The W800 is very good (that's what I have currently), but the RFXCOM sounds even better because it can receive 48bits of data whereas the W800 can receive only 32. It's also compatible with more piece of equipments such as the Digimax 210 RF thermostat. You can also plug two receivers in the same RFXCOM box, to receive signals from the 2 X10 RF frequencies (433MHz for european stuff, and 310MHz for US devices).

I just ordered a RFXCOM to replace my W800, as I have a digimax RF thermostat.

Just my opinion.

stipus
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thanks Stipus, I ordered the 50008 set...

Comment

Just to backup what stipus said, I have two RXFCom devices, both have dual recievers. In Australia we are 433 like europe, but I can also use US 310 devices which are much cheaper. The RFXCom devices are great and Bert from RFXcom gives great support.

Ross.

Comment

Originally posted by stipus
          I just ordered a RFXCOM to replace my W800, as I have a digimax RF thermostat.

stipus
          can you use the two together (with the ACRF plug-in)??

Malcolm
          Malcolm

Comment

Yes you can. You can have up to 4 devices at once. I have 2 RXFCom's but you could use 1 RXFCom and 1 W800 etc.

Ross.

Comment

My RFXCOM receiver was delivered yesterday, and I'm very happy with it.

It works at least as well as the W800 for all my motion detectors.

In addition to the W800, I get all my Digimax thermostat data ... and I could have fun most of the afternoon replacing my main boiler thermostat with an appliance device, and writing a lot of scripts to regulate the temperature in my home as I wished. I could even test all this 1/2 hour before coming back from the restaurant tonight, by connecting to HS from my Treo 650, and setting comfort mode ! ( <---- happy stipus)

Furthermore I just configured the ACRF plugin to receive the data from an additional RFX Temperature Sensor I got with the receiver.

stipus
              --
              stipus

Comment

Working...
              X