Hstv Wtf????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hstv Wtf????

after fighting with this plugin for the last month i just have to say that this plug in sux moose nuts. Great idea but it simply does not work.

this plug-in should be either removed from the 1.7 updater until it is either completed or fixed. (havent tried in HS 2) if it isnt going to be removed then warnings should be posted in the updater in regards to its lack of functionality so that others dont waste hours and hours of there time trying to get this $%^# running.

99% of the time the webpages just freeze up and dont do anything at all.

The instructions are fine but are useless since the programs is incomplete or bug ridden.

i run a site validater (dreamweaver 8) set for vbscript.asp on the entire HS web folder and i get hundreds and hundreds of errors from the hstv folder only.

these are the 2 errors i get

(first one only shows up a few times but the second one shows up atleast 500 times).

& found between tags. Consider using the equivalent entity (&amp = '&', &lt = '<', &gt = '>', &quot = quotation mark). [HTML 4.0]

Quotation mark found between tags, HTML documents should not contain these values. Consider using (& quot) instead[HTML 4.0]

might be the answer to this actually becoming functional and may not.

Funny. This is the first negative post I've ever read about this plugin. Maybe you should ask for some guidance from users that do have it running and running well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I run HSTV and it runs perfectly. It is probably the most used plugin I use. I am running HS 2.0.
      Thanks,

T.

Comment

Yeah, I also think this is a great plugin. Being that it's free, and the authors try really hard to support it while in the process of going to school, I think the Modster's being a little harsh.
        Don

Comment

hehehehe I love it... worked here on 1.7 and also on 2.0 and 2.1.. I too spent hours and hours trying to get it working.

The I realised if I used a newer xmltv.exe that actually suported the UK it works fine.

Anytime I update now I just remember to use my xmltv.exe and its fine, I ov it and would not be without it.

As said, for a FREE plugin what more could one want?

TrOjAn

Modster, how many of your 23 posts were for help getting it going, in my experience CF Guy normally replies in good time and usually has the fix

Comment

HSTV has worked for me since day one. The only problem I ever had was of my own making - I didn't keep my subscription to Zap2It updated and it failed to download anything. But that aside, it has always been one of the great enhancements. Continue the kudos to Jeff!!!!

Chuck
            Last edited by Chas821; March 29, 2006, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Modster

You are 100% wrong here.
              When properly configured, HSTV is fantastic. It is one of the most valued additions to my setup.

Comment

i really wish i could get this to work. ive tried and tried several times over to get this up and running and all i get afterwards are frozen pages and error messages.

and you know im not the only whose had issues with this plug in.

im running

1.4 gb amd
                1 gb ram
                xp pro corp edition
                Homeseer 1.7

i install HSTV 2.5 from updater (is this the most current version ?)
                i follow the directions to a letter

the download will complete if i leave it on 1 day only but the second lineup gets skipped because of a somthing about password and please run config(window closes to fast to read all of what its saying) even after ive completed the config for both lineups successfully and properly and followed the setup correctly. i even opened both files with notepad and everything is there, user ,pass and provider etc. etc. if i reverse the file names of the 2 config files the download will work for only the first config file and i get the same error for the other file and yes i added the correct name on the admin page according to the instructions.

ive tried leaving the full channel lineup in my profile on the zap2it site and ive tried with over 60% of the channels trimmed. no differnce with this except it speeds up downloading considerably since there is half the data.
                ive tried updating the xmltv files after installing and nothing at all will work except the lineup config parts. with the full lineup left for HSTV to deal with the import editor and grid editor just freeze up after i make changes and try to save them.

admin page freezes 99% of the time after download and import have completed that is when and if the download and import decide to actually work. i can only get the import to work once after i delete all the hstv files and reinstall them from the updater. if it works today after it runs again tonight it will be gimped up when i try to access it tomorrow.

import editor freezes 99% of the time

grid editor freezes 99% of the time

search page seems to work if importer works

tv display page seems to work if import actually works

listings page freezes 99% of the time.

can i borrow someones phsycic help file or their big red easy button maybe if i had those i could figure out whats wrong and get it to work too.

i must say ive come to expect a bit of effort in setting up most plugings and scripts with homeseer but this is rediculous! i can guarentee you if it worked well for everyone there would be a price tag on it. id happily cough up the money to not have to deal with the bs ive gone through trying to get this to work over the past month.

im not trying to offend or piss anyone off and i can seriously appreciate all the work that has gone into the making of this plugin.

ive just become very disappointed with the level of quality control that homeseer displays. broken scripts and incomplete files in the updater is an absolute discrace and should never happen. the updater should be a seal of approval for plugins and scripts and if they are not 100% then they should not be in it...
                Last edited by ; March 29, 2006, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Mod,
                  What browser are you using? Most of your problems seem centered around browsing.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

i use both firefox and ie

its the amount of data the plugin has to process. it just isnt efficient at it.

heres whats ive gotten to now.

fresh HSTV install #47 or somthing like that

went to zap2it and deleted the entire bell express vu line up from my account and reduced the channel list for dishnetwork down to about 40% (removed everything above channel 570 or so)

single download completed properly with only the channels i have on the zap2it side.

single import completed with my channels

adjusted settings to display by channel number and removed some display options

IE still freezes up more often than not but it improved a bit

firefox will actually display the listings page now that ive removed the second provider and deleted 70% of the available channels form the Dishnet line up. but it takes a very very long time to build the table and freezes once in awhile.

ive have actually gotten it to create a reminder for a show that is on later today.

now id like to keep the guide a week ahead and id like to add the second line up and have it continue to work for at least 2 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X