Jon00`s Links Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00`s Links Page

Hi all, just wanted to let you all know about Jon00`s latest addon to the HS2.

Its a links type edit thingy.. lol.

There are some neat effects? or should I say styles you can have and also, if you allow guest access to your HS2 then you can let guests view ONLY the buttons you want them to see while still having all avaiable to you.

Jump on Jon00`s site to grab it... you know it makes sense.

****Apparently its in the scripts library too*****

TrOjAn
    Last edited by TrOjAn; June 19, 2006, 05:04 PM.

Hi TrOjAn,

Thanks for the plug...very funny! For others who do not know what TrOjAn is talking about, this is a summary:

This package is a new add-on for Homeseer 2 that has several core functions:

1) To change or define the look of the Homeseer link buttons to anything you choose.
    2) To add text, images and/or virtual devices in addition to buttons and/or text links.
    3) To display different button links or designs depending on the Homeseer account holder logged in.
    4) To use links for web page selection and/or trigger homeseer events.
    5) To re-direct account holders to their own home pages (if required)

The style and size of the default Homeseer 2 button links can now be changed to any other style you choose. If you have
    lots of buttons displayed, these could all be changed to text links, drop down or any combination of styles either pre-defined
    or designed by you.

The configuration allows you to set-up buttons in any order and if necessary mix Homeseer link buttons/ plug-in links/own
    links on a single line. In addition, text, images or virtual devices can also be integrated within your design. Multiple lines can
    be created (including lines which are blank) and you even add spaces between the buttons, links etc. You could for
    example have one line dedicated to virtual device data, which can be viewed when displaying any Homeseer page. If this is
    then coupled with different accounts, the displayed virtual devices could be associated to the person logged in (such as
    new email).

Your layout can either be underneath the logo bar (as per normal Homeseer 2 layout) or integrated within the logo bar as
    additional line(s) beneath the original logo bar.

Because real estate can be a premium with multiple link buttons, there is an option to place the buttons on a single line
    under/within the logo bar and use navigational buttons to switch or toggle to other links. There is no limit to the number of
    alternate links that can be displayed and the navigation facility allows direct access to a line or to increment to the next line.
    With this in mind, it is very possible to have a hierarchical menu structure all displayed on a single line.

As an alternative to toggling a line (which requires the page to automatically refresh) you can alternatively use a scrollbar,
    which enables you to scroll the buttons as one line. When using Opera/IE5.5 or later, it is possible to set the colours of the
    scroll bar to match your logo bar, however this is not possible in Safari or Fire fox. Depending on your layout, this may or
    may not be acceptable.

The package gives you the choice of text links, windows buttons, drop down‟s or the standard Homeseer 2 button styles.
    You can also define your own button styles (unlimited) via the Custom.css style sheet.

The most efficient use of space would be to use drop down menus as toggling or scrolling may be depreciated in the future.

I wrote this script to allow me to view extra buttons that I did not wish a guest visitor to view. The configuration allows for
    any number of accounts, which allows a customised setup for each one.

The package now incorporates logging which allows you to monitor pages visited per user. This can be disabled if required.

Remember, each HS account holder can have their own design and what buttons are displayed!

Here are some examples to demonstrate the package functionality.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 20, 2009, 05:12 AM.
    Jon

Comment

Jon, I want to thank you for this
      Finally making the web pages look the way I like

Thanx
      Tim
      Attached Files
      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Great stuff Tim!

Never thought it could be useful for LCARS but now I come to think about it, it makes it very flexible to define the colour scheme as you wish.

Are you just using it to define the buttons or do you have different accounts with this?
        Jon

Comment

Just one account for now.
          But it's so cool

Tim
          FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

http://www.mywebcamsite.com
            Local link: http://192.168.1.45:89

If the defined webcam button is pressed when logged on externally, you would be directed to: http://www.mywebcamsite.com
            Pressing the same button when logged on locally and you would be directed to: http://192.168.1.45:89

Totally seamless!
            Jon

Comment

Wow, quite a few of you have already downloaded previous versions...anyway

Version 1.05 is now available for download from my site.

Changes since 1.04:

Corrected bug where button text with spaces would only display text up to the first space.
              Added optional tool-tip text per button.
              Added the ability to add text between links as well as spaces.
              Added font styles for links.
              All settings are now per user and not globally set. This corrects a bug where buttons may not show with certain configurations.
              Added new account links editor page to assist with configuration - makes life easier to add/insert buttons and includes an automatic button renumber facility etc.
              Added new accounts links viewer to see the output from the ini file for all accounts.

If upgrading from previous versions, please check the changes in the supplied AccountLinks.ini file
              Jon

Comment

Damn, this would kick butt if it didn't have a British flag on it!

(Go USA World Cup Team!)

Comment

Originally posted by joeslat
                  Damn, this would kick butt if it didn't have a British flag on it!

(Go USA World Cup Team!)

Hahahaha Silly Joe, you WONT have a Union flag on yours, unless you want one LOL

Thats specific to Jon00`s page.... Even I dont have that

TrOjAn

**** If you want a personal picture on yours replace clock.gif in your html/images/homeseer dir

Comment

Have had this running for some time, I think it's great.

I now have two many rows and want to only show one row and toggle to the others. I thought I had read documentation on how to do this, but cannot find it.

Anyone help me setting it up to toggle between the rows?
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hmmm - somehow missed your post Gogs.

Anyway, I've updated this to V1.06.

New feature is that you can now scroll all buttons/text links on one line. This looks great using IE5.5+ as you can change the colours of the scroll bar to match your logo bar!

As usual, it's on my site.
                      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        Hmmm - somehow missed your post Gogs.

Anyway, I've updated this to V1.06.

New feature is that you can now scroll all buttons/text links on one line. This looks great using IE5.5+ as you can change the colours of the scroll bar to match your logo bar!

As usual, it's on my site.
                        Thanks Jon, don't worry about missing my post, I know you won't.

Will download and try sometime over Christmas. Yalking about which, Have a Good one.
                        sigpic
                        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

V1.07 Released

Thanks Gogs - Happy New Year to you!

Since I was off over the Christmas & New Year period, I spent a bit of time on this package and quite pleased with the results.

The following additional features have been added:

1) You can now display virtual devices near to the logo-bar area (with the option of removing the device icon if you want). This means you can display device data on any page including the Homeseer default pages. If this is coupled with adding Homeseer accounts, you could for example display the number of new emails for that person which would only be relevant to them.

2) You can now add images in addition to text if you wish.

3) You can now adjust the text and button styles per line rather than per account.

4) You can now set a link to open up in a new browser window if you wish.

5) If you enable scrolling, this is per line rather than everything.

6) You can now Log what pages are viewed per account including the Homeseer generated pages. If you allow guest access, you can see what pages people viewed.

It is now available for download on my site.

More information can be found here

If you set-up a nice configuration, please post a screen shot here
                          Last edited by jon00; January 1, 2007, 12:18 PM.
                          Jon

Comment

what can you say... it WAS a great script before but these extra additions make it a REALLY great script.

Where does he get the ideas from? well done Jon00, exceptional work.

TrOjAn

Comment

Jon I'll download it and give it a try, was impressed with last release, so have no problems updating.

With the last release I discovered I did not have to overwrite the ini file, apart from a small edit for the scroll function, thus keeping my settings. I assume this update is the same case.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X