Honeywell plugins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell plugins?

Anyone know if we will ever see plugins for the Honeywell series of thermostats with serial port control (the ones with the Enviracom 3-wire bus system)...

Thanks

Wes

Enviracom plugin

I asked the same question and got the following reply:

"We are not creating any new plugins for thermostats. We have even turned all of our thermostat code over to open source so the users can pick up the code and maintain. We have basically turned this over to the user base and let them decide on what scripts/plugins they want for thermostat control and then one of the many plugin authors writes a plugin. This same question was asked on our HomeSeer bulletin board back in early August and the user got no replies so there doesn't appear to be a big interest in this particular thermostat. You may want to ask this question on our bulletin board to see if any interest exists or check out one of the other more popular thermostats available."

I have the C source code for communicating with the main system thru the serial port on my homeseer Win 2003 server ... and I even have a Windows demo app working but would really like to be able to control it from homeseer. Is there anyone out there interested in writing this? I am thinking of doing it myself but have no experience writing a plugin for homeseer and am concerned with the learning curve. Is there an easy SDK for writing plugins?

Comment

The HomeSeer SDK is available via the HomeSeer updater.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Guess that I will just have to wait and see if anyone else shows more interest in seeing HS work with Enviracom thermostats like the Vision Pro IAQ -- I just bought the Enviracom Serial Adapter and may eventually crack open the SDK someday if nobody else wants to follow through with a solution. I would much rather this method over the alternative in2networks Energy ICM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guinness View Post
          Guess that I will just have to wait and see if anyone else shows more interest in seeing HS work with Enviracom thermostats like the Vision Pro IAQ -- I just bought the Enviracom Serial Adapter and may eventually crack open the SDK someday if nobody else wants to follow through with a solution. I would much rather this method over the alternative in2networks Energy ICM.
          any update on this? did you get it working with the serial driver?

Comment

I'm curious about this as well -- I have a skeleton plug in talking to my serial adapter, but I need to work through modeling the thermostats on Homeseer devices and some other details before I can dive into parsing the messages.

I have some general questions about plugins that also need to be answered so I will post those in the development forums.

If someone else has this working, I'd really like to hear about it.

Comment

Working...
            X