This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first script attempt...am I close?

after seeing the huge script that Darren provided, I decided to go for something a bit more modest, but still helpfull. Most of this was done via cut and paste of Darren's, with renaming and adding a few things of my own. So, thanks Darren!

Here's what I wanted to acheive:

if someone calls who is not blocked or otherwise routed, they will be given the opportunity to specify who they would like to speak with, or just go to voicemail. once they indicate my wife or I, I'd like the system to announce the call (specific to the person, my wife, or myself, ie, "Ian, _____ is holding for you, Ian, ______ is holding for you." If I pick up, there you go. If I don't, it lets the caller choose to leave a message or not.

I have not tested the script yet, for lack of time. I plan on testing it a lot this weekend. I just thought I'd put it up here now, hopefully to let a lot of you more experienced scripters tell me how badly I messed it up...that way the testing this weekend could be more productive.

I'm sure that I'll need to do something in HS with the caller announcement part:

VBSCRIPT:hs.TriggerEvent ("Phone - Annouce CallerID");NEXT:;NEXT:
    VBSCRIPT:hs.TriggerEvent ("Phone - Incoming Call - Disable pickup announcement");NEXT:;NEXT:

not sure what, though.
    Attached Files
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

This may help. Here is a script that does the following:

1) Announces over your speakers that you have an incoming call
    2) Asks the user to enter their name, the records their response
    3) Asks the user to say who they are calling, then records the response
    4) Puts the user on hold and plays them some background music
    5) Announces who is calling by playing back the recordings
    6) If no one picks up the phone, the caller goes to voice mail

To use this, save the WAVE files in your HomeSeer folder, and save the "external_announce.txt" to your HomeSeer\IVR directory. In HomeSeer, on the phone options for you voice device, set the external IVR script to "external_announce.txt".
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

wow...I can't wait to try that!!!!!!!!!
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
      X