Talking YAC from HomeSeer 2 (CallerID)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking YAC from HomeSeer 2 (CallerID)

I've seen a number of posts from people who want to send YAC CallerID info from HomeSeer. I use YAC listeners for stuff myself and I created a HomeSeer 2 .NET script to send out CallerID info or other messages to YAC listeners *WITHOUT* having to install the YAC server or the YacSendText program. I just thought it was overkill to have extra processes running all the time (and executing a complete shell session) just to send a few bytes of information out when there was a call coming in.

So here is the function I use in a number of places (including my CallerID script) to send out info to YAC listeners. It is a .NET script (.vb) function that can be placed in its own file or used along with other scripts (ZIP file also attached to message to retain formatting)

It is simple to use...

YacSendText("listener1,listener2,listener3", "", "111-111-1111", "Jane Doe")

to send a CallerID notification or

YacSendText("listener1,listener2,listener3", "I Have Something To Say")

Will transmit a YAC general message.

The first parameter is a list of YAC listeners to transmit to, separated with a comma. IP addresses or resolvable host names will work.

' Transmit a YAC message to the YAC listeners in ClientList. Message is a non-CID message to transmit, CIDNumber is the phone number and CIDName
    ' is the caller name. Message is ignored if CIDName or CIDNumber are present.

Sub YacSendText(ByVal ClientList As String, ByVal Message As String, Optional ByVal CIDNumber As String = "", Optional ByVal CIDName As String = "")
    Dim tcpClient As System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient
    Dim Client() As String
    Dim ClientNum As Integer
    ' Name or number override message
    If CIDName.Length() > 0 Or CIDNumber.Length() > 0 Then
    Message = "@CALL" & Trim(CIDName) & "~" & Trim(CIDNumber)
    End If
    'Dim sendBytes As [Byte]() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Message) ' Encode string type to byte
    ' HomeSeer does not expose the Encoding .NET class that we need, so we have to do the work ourselves
    Dim MsgLen as Integer = Len(Message)
    Dim SendBytes(MsgLen) as Byte
    Dim Ch as Integer
    For Ch = 0 to MsgLen - 1
    SendBytes(Ch) = Asc(Mid(Message,Ch + 1, 1))
    Next
    SendBytes(MsgLen) = 0
    MsgLen = MsgLen + 1

Client = Split(ClientList, ",") ' Get the list of clients
    For ClientNum = 0 To UBound(Client) ' Transmit to each client in the list
    Try
    tcpClient = New System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient
    tcpClient.SendTimeout() = 1000 ' Quick abort
    tcpClient.NoDelay = True ' Short burst of info
    tcpClient.Connect(Client(ClientNum), 10629) ' Standard YAC port 10629
    Dim networkStream As Net.Sockets.NetworkStream = tcpClient.GetStream()
    If networkStream.CanWrite Then ' Assure write access
    hs.writelog("YACSendText", "Yac Send To: " & Client(ClientNum) & " - " & Message)
    networkStream.Write(sendBytes, 0, MsgLen) ' Ship it out
    End If
    tcpClient.Close() ' Immediate termination
    Catch Ex As Exception
    ' Ex.ToString will contain the error message if a transmit fails. Computers
    ' in the send list that are offline will fail, so failures are not uncommon.
    ' hs.writelog("YACSendText", "Yac Error: " & Ex.ToString)
    End Try
    Next
    End Sub
    Attached Files
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Jon, great script...just what I was looking for!

Comment

Sorry, came up with a question already. It looks like if one of the listeners is not online, there is a bit of delay until it goes to the next client on the list. Any way to work around this like just blindly send the data an not wait for acknowledgement from the other side? Not sure how YAC does it but I don't think I see this using the YAC server.

Thanks again!

Comment

Thank you for this script! Now I don't have to make it myself!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I am getting this error when trying to run the script.

Running script in background: YACTest.vb

Script compile error: Name 'YacSendText' is not declared.on line 15

Option Strict Offimports Schedulerimports SystemPublic Module scriptcode51#Region "Automatically generated code, do not modify"'Automatically generated code, do not modify'Event Sources Begin <System.ContextStaticAttribute()> Public WithEvents hs As Scheduler.hsapplication <System.ContextStaticAttribute()> Public WithEvents hsp As scheduler.hsp <System.ContextStaticAttribute()> Public WithEvents hssystem As scheduler.phone0'Event Sources End'End of automatically generated code#End RegionSub Main(ByVal parm as Object) YacSendText("192.168.0.3", "", "111-111-1111", "Jane Doe")End SubEnd Module

Comment

Working...
          X