This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get your free PLC replacement

The latest versions of the PLC are shipping with firmware 2.13 (or newer).

This is the firmware version number.

This number is *not* on any stickers on the unit. The only way to know for *sure* what firmware version you have is to use the plug-in and look at the log (or use the SDM to view the init message or query the firmware version).

There are stickers on the PLC that are a manufacturing revision number. They generally indirectly relate to the firmware version, but I have seen some that don't. The current rev for the 2.13 (or higher) firmware is:

USB PLC Hardware Rev 2.0 (or higher)
    Serial PLC Hardware Rev 1.9 (or higher)

Here is a link to the RMA form for replacement PLCs if you have firmware < 2.13 and are experiencing any issues...

http://www.smartlabsinc.com/upgrade/powerlinc.html

Jon
    Last edited by Oman; November 3, 2006, 10:26 AM.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Replacing PLC

Hi,
    I have just ordered the replacement PLC, and was woundering what the replacement procedure is. I have just installed the new SDM and Beta plugin, which I might say is wounderful!!! I can actually delete bad links now and seems to be very reliable.

Thanks for all the hard work!!

Comment

Write down the address (ID) of the old PLC. When you get the new one plug it in and select the "replace PLC" option in the plug-in. It will ask for the old address and then reprogram your whole system for the new PLC.

Jon

Originally posted by Sonnyh
      Hi,
      I have just ordered the replacement PLC, and was woundering what the replacement procedure is. I have just installed the new SDM and Beta plugin, which I might say is wounderful!!! I can actually delete bad links now and seems to be very reliable.

Thanks for all the hard work!!
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Thanks Jon...timing was good...just decided in the last few days to move my test HS 2.X server over to Win2003 and a new upgraded box.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Why

Why was the old version recalled?

Comment

I never got an official statement to post from SmartHome. The short version is that the firmware is not user upgradable and needed some fixes to be stable in the long term.

Jon

Originally posted by scotthpdx
            Why was the old version recalled?
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Thanks for the info. I installed the latest version last night and it seems alot happier. All of my unknown devices are gone, and they actually have model numbers in the field. Looks like progress in the right direction!!!

Thanks for all your yer'all (your) hard work on getting the wrinkles worked out.

Scott

Comment

what is the good version and what is the bad version?
                HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Good vs. Evil

I would not say that there is a good and bad version. The latest Beta that I installed last night just seems to work better in the short test sthat I have done so far. Prior to this build for example, I would have to stop the Insteon interface and shutdown my homeseer several times before the system became stable. I would sometimes have to cycle it several times to keep from getting event logs saying that homeseer was not able to connect to the Insteon controller. This newer Beta seems to have resolved those issues, and I rebooted my server about 4 times to see if the issue was resolved. Each of the reboots worked like a champ. So I see improvement!!!

Scott

Comment

2.13 is the currently shipping version. They will upgrade anything lower. Most people eventually have problems with 2.12 or lower. Smarthome says that not everyone experiences a problem. That is true in a way. If you don't have continuous communication between the PLC and the computer you may find 2.12 just fine. However HomeSeer talks to the PLC all the time since it is designed to track the Insteon systems current state.

Jon

Originally posted by scotthpdx
                    I would not say that there is a good and bad version. The latest Beta that I installed last night just seems to work better in the short test sthat I have done so far. Prior to this build for example, I would have to stop the Insteon interface and shutdown my homeseer several times before the system became stable. I would sometimes have to cycle it several times to keep from getting event logs saying that homeseer was not able to connect to the Insteon controller. This newer Beta seems to have resolved those issues, and I rebooted my server about 4 times to see if the issue was resolved. Each of the reboots worked like a champ. So I see improvement!!!

Scott
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Can someone with the latest version of the PLC give us the version of the software on it? I just purchased a serial PLC last week and it was shipped with version 2.12.

Judd

Comment

The latest versions of the PLC are shipping with firmware 2.13 (or newer).

This is the firmware version number.

This number is *not* on any stickers on the unit. The only way to know for *sure* what firmware version you have is to use the plug-in and look at the log (or use the SDM to view the init message or query the firmware version).

There are stickers on the PLC that are a manufacturing revision number. They generally indirectly relate to the firmware version, but I have seen some that don't. The current rev for the 2.13 (or higher) firmware is:

USB PLC Hardware Rev 2.0 (or higher)
                        Serial PLC Hardware Rev 1.9 (or higher)

Jon

Originally posted by jpape
                        Can someone with the latest version of the PLC give us the version of the software on it? I just purchased a serial PLC last week and it was shipped with version 2.12.

Judd
                        Last edited by Oman; November 3, 2006, 10:25 AM.
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Well so much for my luck. I just ordered one last week and it came with version 2.12 as per the plugin. Looks like I will be filling out a form with Smarthome.

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                            The current rev for the USB PLC is 2.0 and for serial it is 1.9
                            Actually, the version of the USB PLC that we currently have in stock is the latest - 2.1 - not 2.0.
                            Martin Custer

Comment

Ugh. If I can't trust day old emails directly from Smarthome...

Jon

Originally posted by AutomatedOutlet
                              Actually, the version of the USB PLC that we currently have in stock is the latest - 2.1 - not 2.0.
                              Jon Ort
                              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X