This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth Connector 0.36.2.2 + Bluetooth Client posted

Here is version 0.36.2.2 of the Bluetooth Connector plugin for HomeSeer 2.1 and 2.2beta:

Features:

- Bluetooth device presence detection
    - Bluetooth device signal strength (with the Widcomm Bluetooth stack)
    - An optionnal Bluetooth Client can collect bluetooth presence and signal strength from remote computers, and communicate its findings to the main plugin.
    - With several long range Bluetooth dongles, the plugin allows you to triangulate the position of your Bluetooth devices.
    - Web configuration interface for all parameters.

Change Log:

- Back to Bluetools support lib 1.10 as 1.20b is not stable enough
    - Bluetooth client will report a broken communication with HS only once in the balloon.

How to install or upgrade the plugin:

1) Download the attached .ZIP

2) Unzip the archive without flattening the file tree (there are subdirectories that must be kept)

3) Shutdown HomeSeer

4) If you are upgrading, DELETE the HomeSeer 2/html/hspi_bt directory, because this directory will be replaced by the directory included in the ZIP.

5) Copy all unziped files and subdirectories to your HomeSeer 2 directory. Replace all existing files.

6) Restart HomeSeer<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

How to install the Bluetooth Client on a remote computer:

Copy the following files from your HomeSeer server to your remote computer.
    All files should be found in the HomeSeer 2 directory on your HomeSeer computer
    All files must be copied to the HomeSeer 2 directory on the remote computer. This directory should already exist as the speaker client must be installed on the remote computer.
    All files must be COPIED, not MOVED or DELETED (including the .exe !).

- BlueTools.dll
    - BlueToolsMS.dll
    - BlueToolsWC.dll
    - BlueToolsWC150.dll
    - Franson.Bluetools.200.dll
    - hspi_bt.dll
    - BluetoothClient.exe

You can install several BlueTooth clients. Here I tested with 2 BlueTooth Clients + the main plugin, and with 3 long range dongles (Widcomm stack), the plugin can successfully triangulate an approximate position of each Bluetooth device in the house.

More info about all plugin parameters here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111331

[EDIT] Attachment removed. New version available from the forum
    Last edited by stipus; September 30, 2006, 06:13 PM.
    --
    stipus

Stipus,

I have downloaded the new version and so far its a big improvement...it found my phone instantly....no delays.

I'll run round my other PC's and update the files and I will report back.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

OK..the client now terminates correctly. However, I can force the following error condition:
      1. Connect as normal
      2. power down default gateway
      3. power up default gateway
      4. client gets stuck in loop as shown below
      Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Darren
      Attached Files

Comment

Darren,

Can you please check this new version of the Bluetooth client.

I successfully reproduced the "lost ip gateway problem", and added a fix.

stipus

[EDIT] Attachment removed
        Last edited by stipus; September 29, 2006, 01:02 PM.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Stipus,

Yes that's much better.

However, I still had to do an "end task" on the client process to completely shut it down! I don't think you are closing the client application down properly.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

I don't have this problem here with the Bluetooth support lib 1.10.

I only get this problem with support libs 1.20 and 1.20b.

I don't really know how I can force the Lib to close everything. I already call their Dispose() function, and that's the function I have seen hanging with 1.20b.

stipus
            --
            stipus

Comment

Darren,

Here is a new version of the Bluetooth Client.

I added a workaround to the shutdown problem. When shutting down the client, I open a new thread, call Bluetooth.Dispose() in this thread, and the main thread waits 20 seconds maximum for the Bluetooth Manager to dispose its resources.

After 20 seconds have elapsed, if the Bluetooth manager is still hung trying to dispose, the disposing thread is aborted.

Another question: Are you certain you are using the Bluetooth support lib 1.10 with the Bluetooth client that you have seen hanging ? I'm asking because I couldn't see this behavior here with lib 1.10.

Can you check at the client that all the Bluetools*.dll have a 2006/02/03 date.

[EDIT] Attachment removed
              Last edited by stipus; December 4, 2009, 06:43 PM.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Stipus,

If you were to attempt a proper client which could route over the internet you need to change the client address input field to able to take a name instead of ip address only.

However, what's more interesting is that now the client is not connecting at all the processes shutdown correctly.

For your documentation the port number require to open is 8737...but to make it useful you need to fix the dns look up on the host name.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Stipus,

Connection over the internet works like a charm....I'm off to get a BT dongle for the PC I have down here....so I can update the location flags.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Stipus,

Code:
                    Can you check at the client that all the Bluetools*.dll have a 2006/02/03 date.
                    Yes

But this new client shutdown is fine....I haven't had any stuck processes.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

Connection over the internet works like a charm
                      That's very good news... what was failing when you first attempted the internet connexion ? I'm not 100% positive, but I think you should be able to use a name instead of an ip address in the box.

But this new client shutdown is fine....I haven't had any stuck processes.
                      Good to hear ! If you don't get any new critical error over the next few days, I'll be able to send this new version to the updater !!

Best regards,

stipus
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Once I had opened up the new port on my firewall...all work fine.

But to be really useful it needs to be able to take a name..I am lucky as I have a static ip address. If you sort this I think we have a winner.

I am around for another 24 hours if you need me to test another client build before I head home.

Cheers,

Darren

Comment

I just tested, and it does work with a name instead of an ip address.

stipus
                          --
                          stipus

Comment

New version of the BT plugin and BT Client available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...950#post733950
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

Working...
                            X