This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheaper RFID?

Does anyone know if these RFID products can/could be intergrated into HS? Seems like an inexpensive solution alot of us have been looking for. The range seems limited but wondering if any of the guru's here could fix that!

Also, would be great if the ACRF plugin could receive these signals.

Here are the links to there ebay website:

Active RFID: http://stores.ebay.com/Ananiah-Elect...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Passive RFID: http://stores.ebay.com/Ananiah-Elect...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: for those that don't want to read 10+ pages of posts, the NEW Plugin can be found here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=117792
    Last edited by TechHA; December 19, 2006, 05:52 PM.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

The ACRF plugin can't receive these signals...

However, from the receiver description, it seems you don't even need a plugin to use the receiver. A simple script reading on the RS232 port should do it. Each ID is seen on the RS232 as 4 chars + a space.
    --
    stipus

Comment

A script that could handle multiple receivers would be awesome. Unfortunetly I don't have the knowledge to write such a script.

Anyone up for the challenge?
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I'm very interested but unfortunately, I'm too busy.

If you carry a bluetooth phone, did you try the bluetooth plugin as an alternative ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

Sorry, I don't have a bluetooth phone, neither does my wife.

Been looking for a solution to know when someone was home (wife and I, kids), if dog is still in yard, cars in driveway ... stuff like that. RFID seems to be the only way to go for all that. But if I spend the 500 bucks for the 'other' one, WAF will go way down, lol.

So, I've been looking for a cheaper way to go, found the hardware. Now just to see if it'll work with Homeseer.

Thanks for your time,
          Bryan

Comment

Techno, I'd be willing to put it in and try it, just need some time and extra cash to get the hardware.

I have been trying to get a good reliable way to read when the car is here. I put a motion sensor there, but apparently it's not reading well enough (car has been on road for 2 days now...yet it's in the driveway...grrr....)

8 meters sounds good.

Thanks for the links!

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Techno, I think I outbid you, sorry man... I'll wait.

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90
                Techno, I'd be willing to put it in and try it, just need some time and extra cash to get the hardware.

I have been trying to get a good reliable way to read when the car is here. I put a motion sensor there, but apparently it's not reading well enough (car has been on road for 2 days now...yet it's in the driveway...grrr....)

8 meters sounds good.

Thanks for the links!

--Dan
                Dan,

Try putting your motion sensor ( I use MS13's) on the sun visor with a couple of elastic bands to see if that helps.

Mine wouldn,t work below the dash level (too much metal interference) but after I mounted the sensor to the visor HomeSeer sees my car before it pulls into the driveway (about 75' from the house.)

Monday nights the wife attends 2 different meetings and I can tell when she drives by the house.

Neil

I use the WGL800 antenna as well
                Neil
                Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Dan,
                  Thanks for looking into this. As for out bidding me, that's fine too. I have no idea how to communicate with the serial port. I was just gonna see what I can find here and google to see if I could figure something out. I'll just go for the next one.

Thanks again
                  Bryan

Comment

I have 2 WGL800s, however my MS14 is below dash. The house can usually see the car when I'm up to the garage, but I would much rather it see me at the end of the driveway (2 car lengths).

Maybe this will work. I know I've been able to take the cheapy 4 button remotes to 7/8 of the way down the driveway and they see me. I'll try as you suggested.

In the mean time, I have put in a bid of 5.01 for a set. Then made an offer (best buy) of $5 each for 4 transeivers (I tried $2...but they did not like that).

Thanks for the tip about the visor!

--Dan

Comment

Thanks techno. As soon as I get them I'll write up some scripts. As soon as I do I'll pass them along.

BTW, I did a barter buy on some more senders. $8.00 each. However they told me no lifetime warrenty. Well, that's fine to me.

--Dan

Comment

Dan, I also have the sender/receiver combo on it's way .. I also bartered for the RFID Proximity Cards, $8.00 for 10.

Looking forward to see what can be done with the devices!
                        Bryan

Comment

Neil,

I moved my MS13A to the visor, lo-and behold, the thing can now pickup when the car is in the driveway!

Thanks for the tip! I can probably leave that in the visor, then use the RFID thing for people themselves.

--Dan

Originally posted by nsisman
                          Dan,

Try putting your motion sensor ( I use MS13's) on the sun visor with a couple of elastic bands to see if that helps.

Mine wouldn,t work below the dash level (too much metal interference) but after I mounted the sensor to the visor HomeSeer sees my car before it pulls into the driveway (about 75' from the house.)

Monday nights the wife attends 2 different meetings and I can tell when she drives by the house.

Neil

I use the WGL800 antenna as well

Comment

Techno,

It looks as if they provided enough base code, that one could actually turn this into a plugin for Homeseer. That means being able to make events etc. with items, instead of manually making an item, then through cscript running a VBS file that triggers the HS item (which is how my security cameras/cheap-o RFID interface works).

They gave the necessary .ocx file and source code for thier demo code.

Now I just have to find my VB cds and re-install VB.

--Dan

Originally posted by techno_goof
                            Dan, I also have the sender/receiver combo on it's way .. I also bartered for the RFID Proximity Cards, $8.00 for 10.

Looking forward to see what can be done with the devices!

Comment

DL the free version from M$ and write it in .net2

Comment

Working...
                              X