Jon00 Picture Viewer discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Picture Viewer discussion

Please post your comments on this package here. More details here.
    Jon

Way To Go Jon!

This is the most awesome plug-in I have ever seen. It blows every web album I have tried and seen away and the best part is it can automatically add new pictures and folders. It has the ability to support guest view and will sort the folder list in alphabetical order and it has many more features.

The Best Part Is It made the WAF go WAAAY up

If you get a chance please give it a try today.

Thanks again Jon for another great product.

Thom

Comment

Wow - Thanks Thom!

For all you die-hard Homeseer 1 users, I've made a HS1 version too!
      Jon

Comment

Error

Jon,
        I set it up to use photos in a non-HS folder. I can see the pictures locally, but not over the network. Remotely, I can see the place holders for the pictures, but not the pictures themselves.
        What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
        Steve
        Last edited by tikt4u; February 17, 2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Are you using Internet Explorer or another browser?
          Jon

Comment

Jon I just tried it as well over the network and I am seeing the same thing.

Internet Explorer the latest version.

Everything is working with the local ip address but from a remote computer it just displays an x for the picture.

Sorry I did not check this until it was mentioned here.

Thom

Comment

That's most odd - I have my picviewer.ini file setup looking at 2 network machines my picture folders (shared) different from the Homeseer server and they are correctly displaying images in Internet Explorer.

Do you have the shares correctly setup using back slashes i.e.

\\machinename\drive\folder\

Do you use the same username/password on each network machine?
              Jon

Comment

I'm using IE 6. The pictures are on the HS server. If I use the "\\machinename\drive\folder\" I don't get anything locally or remotely. If I change the path to C:\folder\ I can view them locally.

No usernames or passwords are used. HS is set up as a trusted zone on the remote computer.

Comment

Try this:

In IE6/7, type in the UNC path and a valid picture file is within the last folder.

i.e. \\machinename\drive\folder\test.jpg

Does it show in the browser?
                  Jon

Comment

No go. Error message pops up and says it can't find it. If I put the pics in an HS folder, I can see them remotely. Do the pics on the HS server have to be in the HS folder?

Comment

OK,

If you cannot see the pictures in the browser, it has nothing to do with the ASP but rather a permissions problem with your network.

I maybe misleading people with UNC paths. If you get it working then they will only ever be visible on your own LAN on local browsers. If you want to guarantee to be able to view your images locally and remotely, you do need to install all your pictures in a folder under your Homeseer 2/HTML folder. These will be served correctly by your Homeseer web server.
                      Jon

Comment

Jon

Is there some way around this.

Thanks

Thom

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                        OK,

If you cannot see the pictures in the browser, it has nothing to do with the ASP but rather a permissions problem with your network.

I maybe misleading people with UNC paths. If you get it working then they will only ever be visible on your own LAN on local browsers. If you want to guarantee to be able to view your images locally and remotely, you do need to install all your pictures in a folder under your Homeseer 2/HTML folder. These will be served correctly by your Homeseer web server.

Comment

Not that I know of.

It's a sensible security issue preventing people using a web server to obtain files not intended for access.

The only way would be to use a freeware folder synchronisation program between a folder outside and within the Homeseer/HTML folder. You would then have 2 copies of the pictures.
                          Jon

Comment

Feature Requests

1. Could there ba a sideshow feature where the viewer could be user defined to cycle thru the pictures? Maybe with a start/stop button?
                            I would like to do this for my servaliance camera's to make a mini move of the slideshow.

2. A page call that would call picviewer without the headers.

Very nicely done.
                            Paul

Comment

I'd like to second that for an option for no header/footer. Would make it ideal to put into touch screen scenes.

Great plugin!
                              Bryan
                              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                              X