IRTrans POE Lan modules. Can only use one POE at a time,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi amatore,

I think you may be sending the command out to a unit that does not exist...
    If you want to send to bus 0, unit 0, then the zone would be 0 (shows blank in HS), not 1 as the log shows.
    If you don't care about the unit stuff, the zone should be 99, for all units on bus 0.

I'm not sure if something has changed in the IRTrans.NeT.dll, because I ran into the same thing as you in regards to some of my old commands not working until I relearned them, and I have absolutely no idea why this would be. In my case previously learned commands had no problem being sent out other units. So it's not all commands, maybe just something to do with bus 0, unit 0. I may have to check with Marcus on this...

Comment

Changed the Zone

Thanks YOYO, You were right. I changed the Zone to 99 at the command worked. This worked before with Zone 1, so something has changed. I will test some more to morrow.
      Tore

Comment

Originally posted by amatore View Post
        Thanks YOYO, You were right. I changed the Zone to 99 at the command worked. This worked before with Zone 1, so something has changed. I will test some more to morrow.
        Tore
        That's right, Tore. The whole IRTrans to HomeSeer zone mapping had to change to support additional buses. See my earlier post for the new mapping model.

Comment

Test2

I have no relearned all commands on both BUS'S with Zone 99 and 199, It works both through the send command and with events. GOOD WORK.
          Device 0 on bus 0 need either x99 or have blank (0) zone to work. Looking at your scheme you either need to have on zone for each bus or one zone pr unit for adressing the device. So it is working as designed. As discussed it is ok for the time being to have one Zone for each bus.
          Thanks.
          Tore
          ps Minor issue:

During the learning phase of bus1 I got this error during reload of the irsg page.

Unknown post/put request, data is DEVICE=XBOX&sDevName-45=XBOX&sKeyName-45=POWER&sDevName-46=XBOX&sKeyName-46=MEDIACENTER&sDevName-48=XBOX
          &sKeyName-48=GUIDE&sDevName-49=XBOX&sKeyName-49=LiveTV&sDevName-50=XBOX&sKeyName-50=X&sDevName-51=XBOX
          &sKeyName-51=A&sDevName-52=XBOX&sKeyName-52=BACK&sDevName-53=XBOX&sKeyName-53=REC&sDevName-54=XBOX
          &sKeyName-54=OK&sDevName-55=XBOX&sKeyName-55=STOP&sDevName-57=XBOX&sKeyName-57=PLAY&sDevName-58=XBOX
          &sKeyName-58=PAUSE&sDevName-59=XBOX&sKeyName-59=OPENCLOSE&NEWDevName-60=%28New+Device%29
          &NEWKeyName-60=%28New+Key%29&NEWIRLOC-60=60&ZONENAME-0=%28DEFAULT%29&IRZONE-0=99
          &ZONENAME-1=LOGITECH&IRZONE-1=99&ZONENAME-2=MEDIACENTER&IRZONE-2=99&ZONENAME-3=PAUSE
          &IRZONE-3=1&ZONENAME-4=PIONEERRC&IRZONE-4=199&ZONENAME-5=PIONEERTV&IRZONE-5=99&ZONENAME-6=PROSJEKTOR
          &IRZONE-6=199&ZONENAME-7=SONYDVD&IRZONE-7=99&ZONENAME-8=STRONGSAT&IRZONE-8=99&irs-49.x=24&irs-49.y=10
          Last edited by YoYo; March 15, 2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Plug-in Supports up to 16 Buses and 16 units/Bus

Looking at your scheme you either need to have on zone for each bus or one zone pr unit for adressing the device. So it is working as designed. As discussed it is ok for the time being to have one Zone for each bus.
            Just to be clear on this, it's not an either/or proposition on bus vs. unit support. The plug-in supports both at the same time, that's why there are now so many HomeSeer zones in the zones drop list. It allows you to send an IR signal to all units on an entire bus (zones that end in 99), or to just one unit on a bus.

ps Minor issue:
            During the learning phase of bus1 I got this error during reload of the irsg page.

Unknown post/put request, data is ...
            This is actually handled by HS itself. If people are seeing this on occasion, let me know and I'll submit a report on it to HS staff.

Comment

[quote=YoYo;763623]Just to be clear on this, it's not an either/or proposition on bus vs. unit support. The plug-in supports both at the same time, that's why there are now so many HomeSeer zones in the zones drop list. It allows you to send an IR signal to all units on an entire bus (zones that end in 99), or to just one unit on a bus.

Thats understood. Thanks
              Tore

Comment

Blank IR Zones in HomeSeer

Hi Folks,
                I'm afraid I've discovered an issue with how the plug-in maps HS zones to IRTrans Bus/Units...

The current system (1.1.12.0) starts with a HS zone of 0 (shows blank in the drop list), and I thought we could get by with this, but low and behold, HS renumbers any blank zones to 1 the next time HS is started.

So, we basically have to shift everything so the HS zones don't start till 100. Something like below...

Code:
                 HS     -IRTRANS-
                ZONE    BUS  UNIT
                ----    ---  ----
                 100     0     0
                 101     0     1
                 102     0     2
                   .     .     .
                 115     0    15
                 199     0    ALL

200     1     0
                 201     1     1
                 202     1     2
                   .     .     .
                 215     1    15
                 299     1    ALL

(Sequence groups continue...)

1600    15     0
                1601    15     1
                1602    15     2
                1699    15    ALL
                And, anything below 100 will mean all units on all busses just to make things simple...

Anyone care to comment on this arrangement?

Attached Files
                Last edited by YoYo; April 3, 2007, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Problem with zones

Hi I have a irtrans lan controller xl and am trying to send commends to the 8 individual leds. I have just tried what you said abouve and it still seems to send the signal to all leds. Any ideas.
                  Thanks
                  Martin

Comment

Hi Martin,

I think you may have misunderstood the message...

The map in the earlier message applies to IRTrans units, not specific emitters attached to those units.

At this time, the IRTrans API does not provide access to an individual emitter on those units that support more than one external emitter such as the LAN Controller.

Btw, I thought the LAN controller had only 4 external connections for emitters...?

I'll talk to them about some ideas for supporting this, however...

-Brian

Comment

Irtrans

Hi Brian,
                      I got my other units working on zones so thats a good thing at least I have some zone capability I hadnt got the zone controll on in the IR set up.
                      I have the XL version which has 8 output zones.
                      It would be good to get that working for individual LEDs.
                      Thanks
                      Martin

Comment

Sending to Individual External Emitters Supported Soon!

I talked to the good folks over at IRTrans and I think you'll see support for targeting individual external emitters in the next release of the plug-in.

As far as the HomeSeer to IRTrans Bus/Unit mapping goes, I think we'll set it up so that unit numbers 21-28 will refer to external emitters 1-8 for each bus.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Yes that makes sence. I look forward to this beig implemented.
                          Dont suppose you have used html to send a command to this device have you. I tried to do what they said in the manual and it didnt recognise the command.
                          If you have can you post one command line and I can pick it up from that.

Thanks
                          Martin

Comment

The other thing is
                            If I have a irtrans on bus 0 unit 1 and I want to controll the external emmiter only. Can I do that.

Comment

Working...
                            X