This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VR for UK support

Vista includes 2 voice recognition engines, one for US english and one for UK english. The following update fixes an error when the UK VR engine is selected in the Speech control panel. Only users who are using the UK VR engine need to run this update.

Make sure you have already installed the full installer for Vista, posted in this forum. Then run this updater. This updater also installs the proper DLL for use with the Way2Call Hi-Phone device.

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/hs2/H...ta2_2_0_13.exe
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Vista 64 can not install update

Hi

I have vista 64 and am running homeseer 2_2_0_11, when i run this update it reports that it cannot find either homeseer.exe or speeker.exe! and will not update.

any help much appreciated

Comment

I am not sure what is going on, did you install HomeSeer in your program files folder? We have not tried HomeSeer on Vista 64 bit, so there may be some issues there.

Comment

Vista 64

In Vista 64 homeseer is installed in the "Program Files (x86)" not "Program File", would that have something to do with the upgrade not finding it?

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by andyschofield View Post
          In Vista 64 homeseer is installed in the "Program Files (x86)" not "Program File", would that have something to do with the upgrade not finding it?

Andy
          Vista blocks all writes to the Program Files directory so you may want to consider reinstalling to a new location.

Comment

Has anyone been able to run this fix successfully on Vista 64 bit ? I've tried installing to both the "Program Files (x86)", "Program Files" and also creating a c:\homeseer directory and installing in there be it still cannot locate homeseer or homeseer speaker apps.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Comment

Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Im running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and Home Seer doesn't work at all, I can't for the life of me find any homeseer executable. I will pay anyone to help me, no joke. I'll send $200 to anyone who can get my homeseer working (ill send it via paypal or other method if preferred).

thanks

Comment

BUMP --- I'm running Vista 64 bit and I'm just getting HS running on it. I've been using HS for many years, but I"m now converting over becuase my HS PC has finally died!

Anyway, I'm having the same problem. I installed HS in E:\HomeSeer and I get the message that the installer can't find the installation. You press next, then see a window pop under for about 1/2 a second then install just closes.

Any fix for this? Any chance I can just get the individual files in a zip file and lay them down by hand unitl we figure out what is going on?

BTW - HS so far is working for me on 64 bit. Insteon PLM, UltraM1, Z-troller, ACRF working so far.....

Thanks.
                Last edited by chadg; September 30, 2007, 07:44 AM.

Comment

WHich installer? The Updater? What are you trying to do?

Comment

I'm trying to get to the 2.2.0.31 beta from 2.2.0.11 which seems to be working OK, so my Zwave multi device works. I downloaded the updater from the HS beta thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=122304

That is the updater that is giving me problems.

Comment

It appears that the file packager we are using does not run on Vista 64 bit. I will look at an alternate solution.

What you can do is run the updater on an XP PC then copy over the files.

Comment

What files would I copy over? Just homeseer.exe?? Or is there a maifest list somewhere?

Comment

All you really need is the .DLL and .EXE files.

Comment

Thaks Rich, that seemed to work! I now have motion, light and temp levels! It would be great to have native 64bit support, but this would do. I'd rather see more resources go to enhanced Insteon support...

Comment

OK, I have a new laptop with Vista .... french edition.
                              I cannot have the french VR working.
                              Will there also be an update for suporting this ?
                              Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X