This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista Issue

I am having a problem installing this plug-in on a clean install of Vista. I am receiving the following errors:

PHP Code:
    4/8/2007 11:11:54 PM  AC RF Processor - ***:ConfigIO Unable to display configuration dialog becauseComponent 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registereda file is missing or invalid
    /8/2007 11:11:54 PM  AC RF Processor Writing new ACRF Error log file C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\AC RF Processor Error Report.Log 
    I tried re-registering the 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' file, but it didn't help. Any suggestion?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

It appears there is a problem with VB6 plugins in general under Vista

Comment

Wow! It was painful, but got it working. I had to open an admin command prompt and unregister and re-register MSSTDFMT.DLL.

I unregistered MSSTDFMT.DLL that existed in c:\windows.
      I unregistered MSSTDFMT.DLL that existed in c:\windows\system32.
      I re-registered MSSTDFMT.DLL in c:\windows\system32.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Can you tell which version (if any) was installed by a non-Vista installer? Was this an upgrade to Vista or a fresh install?

Jon

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Wow! It was painful, but got it working. I had to open an admin command prompt and unregister and re-register MSSTDFMT.DLL.

I unregistered MSSTDFMT.DLL that existed in c:\windows.
        I unregistered MSSTDFMT.DLL that existed in c:\windows\system32.
        I re-registered MSSTDFMT.DLL in c:\windows\system32.
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

This is an upgrade version, but is a fresh install. All old files were placed in c:\windows.old (or something like that).

Closer inspection shows I don't have msstdfmt.dll in c:\windows, only in c:\windows\system32. It appears the search results are misleading.

regsver32 \u msstdfmt.dll in the c:\windows directory seemed to work even though that .dll file doesn't exist there.

- I opened an admin console.
          - I unregistered and reregistered msstdfmt.dll.
          - I restarted HomeSeer and it started working.

Comment

Jon,

The AutomationCraft RF Reciver GUI worked fine on my developer PC. I didn't have to muck with any dll files.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Jon,

I have it running as well via the Edgeport (beta drivers)... Clean install of Vista.

Comment

Working...
              X