W2C users may want to try 2.2.0.31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W2C users may want to try 2.2.0.31

It seems to have fixed more W2C issues than listed in the update notes. Seems like a lot of things got trashed in some of the earlier 2.2.x releases.

Mine was reporting to HS that the line was going on/off hook every 15 minutes. My other one was a one ring only sometimes with incoming calls.

Someone else reported (I haven't verified myself yet) that the flash between lines if a call comes in while you are on the line is gone.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=122304

~Bill

Bill,
    are you saying the flash is goine prior to .0.31, or restored by .0.31? I don't currently use the flash, but was thinking about scripting some IVR to play around with it, maybe to give a caller the option to be transferred to a cell phone, using the 3way calling feature of the phone service. The flash would be needed for that.

I haven't experienced any of the other problems you mentioned, but I will want the flash.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Well I have not been on the new version for even a day and I started getting a buzzing on the phone line and the line would not dial out the firs2 two DTMF tones from my phone!

It did fix the flash problem for me but I now need to switch back to 2.1.75 again.

This is getting real old.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Plus it sounds like it broke the UPB plugin, so I think I'll be waiting for the dust to settle. I'm not even sure my flash is broken, i'll have to check.
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
          Plus it sounds like it broke the UPB plugin, so I think I'll be waiting for the dust to settle. I'm not even sure my flash is broken, i'll have to check.
          When I was on the phone, and another call came in from somebody else, the W2C would hang up on the original party and click over to the other caller whether I wanted it to or not.

~Bill

Comment

yeah, mine's not doing that...HS doesn't even recognize the caller id call waiting. My Net2call WAF thing just showed up today, so maybe i'll get around to installing it this weekend, and can get that c/w problem fixed.
            Plugins:

Comment

Bill Bower, you have the exact same flash problem with calls coming in that I did.

Have you gotten the buzzing sound yet with 2.2.0.31?
              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeanv View Post
                Bill Bower, you have the exact same flash problem with calls coming in that I did.

Have you gotten the buzzing sound yet with 2.2.0.31?
                Never a buzz but some messages are a huge, nasty noise but I believe that is the thing not catching the current sense on a hangup and it is the telco screech telling you that the phone was left off of the hook.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                  yeah, mine's not doing that...HS doesn't even recognize the caller id call waiting. My Net2call WAF thing just showed up today, so maybe i'll get around to installing it this weekend, and can get that c/w problem fixed.
                  Far as CWCID I don't believe the W2C was ever able to do this with HomeSeer. Though it is listed as a feature on the W2C website. I have always used the WAF NetCID for the CWCID.

~Bill

Comment

I have never gotten a buzz on the phone line either until earlier today with 2.2.0.31.

I would dial numbers and the first 2 DTMF would not even register on the phone like (HomeSeer would see them).

If I would shut down homeseer then the buzzing would go away!

So I went back to 2.1.75 and I am back in business.

HomeSeer does what it does pretty well with the one major exception of a telephone interface. I may just look at some simple circuits that detetect ring and hook status and the WAF-Caller ID and just do away with the phone connection in HomeSeer.
                    jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

I agree with you Bill, I have had a WAF Caller ID for years and it works great.

I am really considering using these 3 things to get past HomeSeer's bad phone problems:

1. Get Rid On The Way2Call and tell HomeSeer there is no Phone device
                      2. Use WAF Caller ID
                      3. Use a contact closuer circuit that detects rings
                      4. Use a contact closuer circuit that detects hook status
                      5. Use a DTMF decoder that sends serial data of the DTMF Touch tones while you are on a call or making a call

With these things I can match and even beat the fuctionality with the Way2Call.. what I loose is:

1. Voice Recognition after you hit the # sign
                      2. HomeSeer answering my calls and sending me the voice message

It would not be very easy, but it would be more reliable.
                      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Well...

There have been times where I ditched HSP for an answering machine.

I use VR 10% of the time, usually while I'm not at home.
                        My biggest thing is voicemail and notification.

If you did an on-hook/off-hook sense, which you can with your troubled W2C, and if you know nobody is at home, then you could say if phone_off_hook > 10 seconds then send the notifcation of a message on the answering machine.

~Bill

Comment

JV:

When HS is shut down, and you right click on the W2C icon and select About, does it look like this?
                          Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Some of my numbers are more updated.

Interface Version: 1.08.82
                            Wave Version: 1.08.82
                            Driver Version: 2.00.89
                            Firmware Version: 4.53.26
                            P/N: HD-00-US-GR-02
                            S/N: 1016-30-010456
                            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

how do you get HS to send you the message someone leaves, rather than just an email notification that there is a message?
                              Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                              X