Weather Display Live on Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather Display Live on Homeseer

I am attempting to run the WDL page off my Homeseer webserver on - http://the-beans.********** (use guest as a username and password)

If I enter http://the-beans.**********/index.html in the IE address bar, the page opens, but the .swf file does not display.

If I enter C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\html\index.html in the IE address bar, the page opens and the flash displays.

I noticed the following error in the logfile -

Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: c:\program files\homeseer 2\html/wdlv5_03.swf?http://the-beans.**********/wdlconfig.xml

Does anyone serve the Weather Display Live page off their Homeseer webserver? Please tell me someone has seen this problem before.

Thanks,

Nelson

Edited.

Did you
    Copy the wdlconfig.xml file, the index.html file, the wdlv5_01.swf and the swfobject.js file from the folder that you installed Weather Display Live on your computer into the same folder on the web server that the clientraw.txt and clientrawextra.txt files get FTP'd into by Weather
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

yep... I guess I should have mentioned that in my original post.

I thought it was strange that in the error message in the logfile the slashes are backslashes up to the html directory and them forward slashes after that.

Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: c:\program files\homeseer 2\html/wdlv5_03.swf?http://the-beans.**********/wdlconfig.xml

Rupp, Do you know of anyone hosting the WDL page off their homeseer webserver?

Thanks for the reply,

Nelson

Comment

Nelson,

Are you running the trial version of WDL? If you want a licensed copy then you must submit a www domain name for it to be registered against. You therefore cannot run it locally on your HS server.
        Jon

Comment

I went ahead and registered before testing the trial (probably not the brightest thing I've ever done.)

I broke down and installed IIS. Now I'm running my Homeseer stuff off port 81 and WDL off port 80 through IIS. It seems to be working fine.

I appreciate the replies. It never fails... Whenever I post a problem on this message board, I always get help. On some other forums I can post a problem and either get smart-arsed comments or you can hear the crickets chrip from the lack of responses.

Thanks as Always,

Nelson

Comment

Nelson,

With your setup you could now embed pages served by IIS in a homeseer page using iFrames. This is what I do on my Homeseer server to display WDL.
            Jon

Comment

Very cool. I may be looking for your help if I get stuck.

Thanks,

Nelson

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Nelson,

With your setup you could now embed pages served by IIS in a homeseer page using iFrames. This is what I do on my Homeseer server to display WDL.

Jon, could you explain and give a example on how to do this.

Thanks
                Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MStan View Post
                  Jon, could you explain and give a example on how to do this.

Thanks
                  Mark
                  Sure... you can use iFrames (Inline Frames) to embed a html page (from any source) in another html page (such as Homeseer). The coding is actually very simple. The best way to demonstrate this is by the attached example. This will embed Google within a Homeseer page.

Just copy example.asp in to your html directory and call up the page. If you open up this page in a text editor, you can change the URL and GetPageHeader title to anything you wish.
                  Attached Files
                  Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                    Sure... you can use iFrames (Inline Frames) to embed a html page (from any source) in another html page (such as Homeseer). The coding is actually very simple. The best way to demonstrate this is by the attached example. This will embed Google within a Homeseer page.

Just copy example.asp in to your html directory and call up the page. If you open up this page in a text editor, you can change the URL and GetPageHeader title to anything you wish.
                    Hi Jon, Thanks, Works great.

Do you have any info on your weather cam page?...I would like to set up
                    something similar, 2 or 3 cams, be able to stream or display time lapse shots,
                    and embed into HS QView page along with switching and PTZ controls.....

What would be the best way to accomplish this?

I have both a panasonic network cam and a Logitech Qrbit cam.

I hope it's not as hard as it all sounds.

Thanks
                    Mark

Comment

My camera setup was installed several years ago using totally analog components/cameras and switching. It's a bit long in the tooth but as it still works, I have no incentive to upgrade.

My weathercam picture is just a jpg captured via a WinTV USB capture from an old composite camera which is updated every minute. This jpg is just embedded in a standard Homeseer page.

If you are talking about my streaming video then that is much more complex. It was custom written by me to work around Windows Media Encoder. It involves video switching and control via IR.

It's difficult to recommend the best way forward as most IP cameras have their own web interfaces. You can again embed these as shown before using Iframes.

You may be able to utilise the netcam and/or webcam plugins to do what you wish.
                      Jon

Comment

I know thie is a old thread but saw Jon00's example asp file and gave it a try and it works But only when I am inside my network (Home) if I am out side it does not.

What I am tring to view is my Tivo web page. it has a inside address with a specific port http://192.168.7.x:9000

is there a way to get this working? I am guessing that I would need to open the port and point it to HS or not??

here is a copy of the asp file.
                        Attached Files
                        HS4 Environment
                        Proxmox win11 / HS4
                        Netiom-Xap board
                        Plug-In's
                        rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                        mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                        mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                        Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                        Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Yes,

You would need to redirect port 9000 to your PC with the IP 192.168.7.x on your router.
                          Jon

Comment

192.168.x.x addresses will not work over the internet unless they are NAT-ed, as these are reserved private addresses that are re-usable only in private networks separated from the internet by a firewall and Network Address Translation.
                            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
                            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
                            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I understand what you are telling me. Here is what I am wanting to do Have a web page displayed inside HS2 but with the inside local address http://192.168.7.x:9000 and when outside my local network I could have it use http://mysite.homedns.org:9000 is there a way to imbed this in the asp page so it knows when to use what address?
                              HS4 Environment
                              Proxmox win11 / HS4
                              Netiom-Xap board
                              Plug-In's
                              rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                              mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                              mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                              Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                              Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...