PC1832/IT-100 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC1832/IT-100 Problem

I had a DSC PC1832 panel with an IT-100 Data Interface Module installed yesterday. I've installed the plug-in, and connected the IT-100 to my PC with a DB9 serial cable.

The plug-in initializes without error and the "Arm/Disarm" command in HomeSeer reports "Partition Armed" and/or "Partition Disarmed".

However, there is no arming or disarming of the panel and there are no entries in the log. The status of all zones shows "Unknown". The "Bypass Zone" / "Unbypass Zone" buttons have no effect.

I've tried connecting with two different cables (both checked for TX/RX/SG straight through). The cables are no more that 40ft long (probably shorter) and the baud rate is set to 9600.

The LED on the IT-100 is blinking every 1/2 second (i.e. module is powered and sending/receiving data with the panel.)

I've run out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions.

Same Issue here with the 1864

I have the same issue with my setup, almost exactly like yours, the it-100, ect I even had an expert alarm guy look at it but he has not a clue. I get no ability to arm, disarm any partition, ect. Its as if nothing is talking. Very frustrating when you pay for plugins that don't work when you read the directions very frustrating.

Steve Blinder

Comment

Originally posted by sblinder View Post
      I have the same issue with my setup, almost exactly like yours, the it-100, ect I even had an expert alarm guy look at it but he has not a clue. I get no ability to arm, disarm any partition, ect. Its as if nothing is talking. Very frustrating when you pay for plugins that don't work when you read the directions very frustrating.

Steve Blinder
      Steve,
      Did the plugin work during your trial period?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Trial

I dont ever do the trials, I just buy the plug in. Its just frustrating, I spent a lot of money to be able to integrate it all together and I hesitated to buy the Dsc IT100 board but felt comfortable after reading some posts. There is just NO communication between the panel and the hometroller, the com port shows its working and my alarm guy, who is a big time professional, tested the wires and they are all good, all that I see in the seperate panel box for the IT board is a blinking green light, thats it. Maybe you would like to log in and take a look if that is something you would consider. Its a huge alarm system, a total of sixty four zones, lots of sensors that would make homeseer really sing.

If logging in is something you can do here are some log in information.

http://blinders.myhomeseer.com

Login Name : Steve
        Password.....delta707

feel free, I have full trust in you.

I hope we can figure it out

Steve

I appreciate all you juvenile people that took advantage of my stupid post with my username and password, I put it I thought to Richard but I can see everybody else but him had there fun. I thought this board was made up of a little higher caliber people, but I guess I was wrong. Yes, its my fault I made the post, I just can't believe people enjoyed deleting events and executing events that could have possibly caused a fire in my sons room with a portable heater, whoever you are use your brains.
        Last edited by sblinder; November 14, 2007, 11:05 PM. Reason: compromised my system

Comment

Yeah, but do you trust me?

I'm running the plugin as a "trial". I have a copy of the IT-100 Developer's guide and I've sent an e-mail to DSC tech support.

The IT-100 docs say only the TX / RX / SG (Pins 2,3 & 5) are used. One of the cables I tried uses only those pins. The other cable was a full straight through serial.

The old panel was connected to a couple of Powerflash modules to monitor "Armed/Disarmed" and "Activated". Occasionally, their signal wouldn't get picked up by HomeSeer. I thought the new panel and the plug-in would make monitoring the alarm status more reliable.

Hopefully, it eventually will be. (WAF and Stock Market both falling...)

Charlie

Comment

Doh!

I guess my straight through cable wasn't, and when I put the connectors on the other cable, I reversed the pins. (I don't believe I've ever confused male and female before .)

So now I have the plug-in and the module talking.

However, when I armed the partition with the plug-in, I couldn't disarm it. And when I got up from the computer to disarm at the keypad, I tripped a motion sensor.

Since my alarm is monitor by our local PD, I got to have a nice chat with the night shift dispatcher...

I guess there are still a few issues with the plug-in (either design, conflict with other plug-ins or -operator error-??) Some of the triggers seem slow, or don't trigger at all, but I need to play some more to get a better handle on things.

I'll keep testing and report any findings. (But not tonight. I've had enough fun...)

Comment

Disarm Issue

The reason you couldn't disarm is because a code is required to disarm your panel. Depending on the way you set up your panel, you may or may not need to enter a code to arm the system. I set up my DSC system to require codes for logging purposes to know when my children got home. The Plug-In does not allow the use of codes although the IT-100 supports it. When you send the disarm command, the panel sends back code 900, requesting the code, but the Plug-In does not respond, nor is there a location in the plug-in to enter codes or relate passwords(HomeSeer) to user codes(DSC Panel).

If HomeSeer is reading this, please not only enable code response, but the relation to HomeSeer users. ie. Marsha HomeSeer password (anything) to DSC Panel code (anything). Somehow the plug-in needs to respond with the DSC code and should relate that to a user name and not just a DSC user number.

Comment

Did the issues with the IT-100 ever get worked out? I am considering purchasing an 1832 and want to make sure I can get it working well with HS.

Thanks!

PiperPilot

Comment

I'm looking to do the same as PiperPilot so I too welcome any user feedback.

Comment

IT-100 No Communication

cfischer, could you help me out on how you got homeseer2 to communicate with the it-100? I have a PC1616 DSC panel. I seem to have the same symptoms as you originally did, i.e. no zone status, can't arm via the buttons or via events but the green LED blinks and there are no com port errors. I hae a 50 ft DB9 cable and no mods have been done to it. Do I need to cut it and rewire to get communication or is there an adapter out there that I can buy so I don't have to cut the cable up? Any specific configuration information is appreciated. I'm really looking forward to getting this plugin working as I'm not giving up because I have already paid for it

By the way, I have this cable. M/F straight through. Maybe this is the issue?

http://www.faithmediastore.com/cable...ge-p-2399.html
                    Last edited by ; August 26, 2008, 07:55 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

pcgeek,

I simply attached a DB9 connector to each end of a CAT-5 cable.

As I stated, only the TX / RX / SG (Pins 2,3 & 5) are used. Everything is wired straight through.

Once I got my cables & pins straight, everything worked (still does!).

Your 50' cable should work as is. I used HyperTerminal to confirm what's actually coming in to the com port.

I haven't tried the new beta yet. I'm using version 1.1.2911.21807.

Comment

cfischer, thanks for the feedback.

Now that a few people have given me feedback it is either:

1) I have a bad IT-100 card
                        2) My cable has a bad connection and I need a new one, 50 ft cable is too far [shouldn't be an issue] or different type (straight through isn't straight through?)
                        I get a 00 using a hex reader when I disconnect the serial and plug back in which I think means a disconnect. Also, no RX when I open a door, etc. (maybe I need to poll the unit ? - but I can't poll it so how would I know)
                        3) Something is wrong with the driver for my 4 port PCI Startech card
                        (I've tried various connections)
                        3) The plugin does not work with my PC1616 and my version of HS
                        4) I don't know what I am doing

I'm going to contact the supplier and see if I can return the IT-100 and get a new one to rule it out (not 100% but a good chance the next one 'should' be working). I hope it is not # 4.

Any other thoughts are appreciated.
                        Last edited by ; August 28, 2008, 08:58 PM. Reason: Updated tx to rx

Comment

You can tell the plugin to poll the controller via the options menu. What version of HomeSeer are you running?

Comment

Thanks Rupp. I have HS 2.2.0.66. I performed a poll of devices on the status page but it doesn't come up. Is there an 'options' section for the DSC plugin?

Comment

Yes, there's a config button on the Setup > Interfaces tab. Then select the config button on the DSC Plugin entry.

Comment

Working...
                              X