www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Z-Wave General Discussion

Z-Wave General Discussion Discussions relating to the Z-Wave automation support in HomeSeer.

Old November 15th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Seer Plus

Default ZRF113 Z-Wave Module w/ Gas Fireplace

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Z-Wa...-P386C116.aspx

Does anybody have any experience with this module to control a gas fireplace?

I was thinking of using this in-line with the mechanical wall switch so that I can also have a manual overide in case of leaving the house for extended periods of time. There is something about teaching my computer to make fire that bothers me still.

I have an AC outlet in the base of the fireplace where I can wire this module into and was going to use the blue wires in-line with the low voltage wire coming from the wall switch to the electronic starter. The wall switch is basically just a low voltage contact closure.

Any ideas?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
Old November 17th, 2007, 01:30 AM
Seer Deluxe

I don't see why this should not work. I had installed a gas fireplace in our old house, but I did not trust X10 for switching it on/off. However with Z-Wave I would do it in a heart beat, but like you, a computer glich and house burns down, well I'm just not so sure the insurance company would approve a fire damage claim.

Rick