Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with quickview

Hi,

I have now problems with my quickview.asp page. It opens up very slowly or it doesn't open at all. This happens when I try to open the page outside my home network but at home it opens up very quickly. I have tried to disable my firewall and F-Secure Client Security but this didn't help. I have also commented out every line in the asp file and then uncommented line by line and tried to see whether this makes any difference. So far I haven't found any reason for the problem. I am using HS v2.2.0.66. My quickview worked in our previous house but we have built a new house and I have changed my ISP. I have also changed the ADSL modem since the old house. I have to mention that my other asp-pages open up normally so this problem is related to quickview only. Any ideas? I haven't tried Jon's ultimate quickview yet because I want to build quickview by myself.

Jari

Hmmm, strange indeed.

I have no answer to your question. I do have two tests for you:
    1. At work, clear the cache of your browser, that see if there still is a difference. Keep 2 in mind.
    2. The very first time an asp-page is used, it is compiled. The second time it is used (and later) the compiled version is used. When you test, time the second time you load your page.

Something else to try is to create a very basis asp-page, with no or little homeseer calls. This could even be a 'hello world' html-page. Place this file in your html-directory and use the name directly to load the page. See how fast this is. If this one loads fast, strip all HS-calls from your page and start adding them one-by-one (or ten-by-ten ).

Hope this helps, regards,

Richard

Comment

I tried to clear the cache but that didn't help. My other asp-pages open up normally when I tried at work. I think only possibility is to comment out all the HS-calls and then add them one by one.

Jari

Comment

I have the same problem...have had it all along, just haven't gotten to looking into it.

FYI, I experience the same thing with my UltraElkM1 config pages too.

Comment

Working...
        X