Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 horoscopes for HS3 & HS4

Jon,
    I just noticed that i setup the horoscopes and the date shows yesterday... do i need to set this somewhere?

today is the 27th and I have...
    Attached Files
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

The feed is normally updated around 12:30 AM PST but not sure if DST affects this time. Try and run the event later than you do now.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
      The feed is normally updated around 12:30 AM PST but not sure if DST affects this time. Try and run the event later than you do now.
      well I was at 3:45am...now I am 7am and working good..
      I set it to 7am when I posted this but just wanted to see what you thought.. and that worked.. thanks man..

~Jeff

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Jon it does, as TeleFragger has just confirmed.

Remember your Horoscope is based on UK times for updating.

Anyway, thanks for a lovely addon for the website, had it running for a long time now, not sure anyone has looked at it, but, whatever.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
          Jon it does, as TeleFragger has just confirmed.

Remember your Horoscope is based on UK times for updating.

Anyway, thanks for a lovely addon for the website, had it running for a long time now, not sure anyone has looked at it, but, whatever.

ahhh yall UK people!!!!!!!!!!!!

also I just looked.... not working again... not sure why...
          just ran it and it is almost 1pm est

Comment

I don't understand this. My event is set to 9:30AM which equates to 4:30 EST and it always has updated by this event.

Jackpod had a similar issue with this time problem. I wonder if you guys are routing to another server in the US?
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
              shh yall UK people!!!!!!!!!!!!

also I just looked.... not working again... not sure why...
              just ran it and it is almost 1pm est
              Perhaps it is working.

Perhaps that is your future?

After all you do have a shrub, erm sorry , bush leading you into the unknown.

Even Bill, no not Clinton, Gates has abandoned ship, alright after making the $'s.

Now. To get a little bit serious.

Try setting your computer to GMT, IE location London etc. See if that then works. If it does it's a Jon problem with time zones.

What American time zone are you in?
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

hmmm i will try it.... but cant at the moment...
                it is off by 1 day again.. says it is the 29th...
                Attached Files

Comment

I still am having a problem, but not with it updating. If I look at the HS status page, say at 7am, the horoscopes variable show todays date and all, but at 7:15 when I have the TTS routine run, TTS plays yesterdays. So then If I run the rss event again, the status page now shows yesterdays

When I get a minute or two I want to remove it and reinstall it and see what happens

As it is, we can see if they were right as we are hearing them a day late
                  Over The Hill
                  What Hill?
                  Where?
                  When?
                  I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

HS3 - Horoscopes a day behind.

Hi All,
                    Downloaded the HS3 version of the plugin and get it a day behind.
                    Jon00 plugins are 1st class and any errors are normally down to the user. Hmmm!
                    Running the script manually does not help either.
                    What makes it worst is I am in the UK so I am sure I can't muck up the time to run setting! Can I?
                    Checked he PC it's set to London Dublin etc checked latitude / longitude there O.K.
                    Did anybody get an answer to this?

Any help appreciated.

Peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

The XML file used is normally updated just after Midnight PDT (8 hours behind UK) so you need to run the event at 8:30-9:00 in the morning.

If you run the event now, does it give the correct date?
                      Jon

Comment

Updated to today Ok

Hi Jon,
                        Thanks for the quick reply.
                        Manually run the script at 23:14 and updated O.K.
                        Currently set to run automatically at 09:30 AM.
                        Have tried running it later at around 12:00 but it did not seem to work altthough it had been run earlier the same day.
                        Hope this info is of help.
                        Peter

Comment

There is not much I can do if they are not updating the file on time. Maybe the guy who normally does this is on vacation!
                          Jon

Comment

OK - Understand that

HI Jon,
                            As long as that is all it is then I will leave well alone and I would guess it will settle down in the future.
                            Knowing how well your plugins work I thought I had broke something!
                            Ye of litle faith.
                            Thanks once again.
                            Peter

Comment

For those of you still using this, Version 1.0.5 is now available. This addresses changes of the source from http to https.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X