X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering a GC100 purchase

and i have a few questions:

- how is ir code learning performed?
    - is there a library of existing devices? how extensive?
    - how does the gc100 compare with the bc4 in terms of ease of use and reliability? i don't see much reference to bc4 in the message board, however it looks pretty new.
    - does homeseer sell the gc-100-12? i did not see it on the site.

thanks,

ed

I have a USBUIRT available for free. Let me know if you want it -- just need a few bucks for postage.

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Hi, Tenholde
      I would be happy to receive the USBUIRT and I do not have problems to pay for shipping.
      I am thinking to use it for air conditioner control (there is a great chance that it would not work, so it is a pity to pay full price just to find out if it does not work).
      You can PM me if you would like so we could arrange it.
      Thank you, Alex

Comment

I've had my GC100 for over two years and have been very happy with it, e.g., very reliable and works with all my video equipment (Sony, Sharp, & TiVo). You will need the USBUIRT if you want to "easily" add IR commands to HS. I tried the codes from the website they provided, but to no avail!

-Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I have two.. happy with hardware. I was not too thrilled with the plugin for it. The main thing was that it did not support multiple GCs, and a seperate "database" for sending and receiving IR commands. I did write a new plugin to handle this, and once the new HS version is shipped I'll see about getting it added to the installer with possiblly replacing the existing GCIRRec.

Comment

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
            I've had my GC100 for over two years and have been very happy with it, e.g., very reliable and works with all my video equipment (Sony, Sharp, & TiVo). You will need the USBUIRT if you want to "easily" add IR commands to HS. I tried the codes from the website they provided, but to no avail!

Hi Todd!
            I've been wondering how people are using the GC100. I have most of my equipment in a rack in the basement and then using Speakercraft to distribute all the IR signals.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BootsC5 View Post
              I have two.. happy with hardware. I was not too thrilled with the plugin for it. The main thing was that it did not support multiple GCs, and a seperate "database" for sending and receiving IR commands. I did write a new plugin to handle this, and once the new HS version is shipped I'll see about getting it added to the installer with possiblly replacing the existing GCIRRec.
              I have 2 GC devices and the HS plugin does support them both, and has support for more. So i'm not sure why you say it doesn't support multiple GC's?

I love these devices and the plugin for me has been bullet proof
              Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

The GC IR receiver plug-in is the one that did not handle multiple GCs "properly". Meaning it could not distinguish a 'Tivo Play' IR command from GC A vs GC B.

The one I wrote centralizes the IR commands into the main GC plug-in's database (so what it can transmit is also what it can understand). And you can create events for a specific IR command from a specific GC.

I need to clean up the "learning" application, some error messages/logging, and to get it to work in the new 2.3 format I can throw it up for others to use. I've got another plug-in in the pipeline now that I want to get to beta quality before I shift back to this one.

Comment

I use my GC100 to control our Sony DVD player jukebox with the Serial Port and everything else with the Infra-Red ports. i.e., TV, Tivo, Comcast Cable Box, XBox360, Tuner/amp.

Everything has been working fine for over two years.
                  -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                  HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

i also love my GC... I use 3 IR ports with six devices by using dual head emitters. also, i can control the kid's tv upstairs.

the only problem i ever had was learning a specific (uverse) remote, but i contacted GC support, sent them the remote, and they sent me the codes. otherwise, the GC-IRL has worked perfectly for all my other remotes.

Comment

Working...
                    X