This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Plug-In Support - HomeSeer - EZX10RF and EZIO8SA

I am having difficulty with the EZX10RF and EZIO8SA being recognized by the Insteon Plug-In ... shows up as unknown device or not at all. Using the SHN utility (simplehomenet), I can get to these devices just fine. I am (indirectly) learning that the SDM (SmartHome Device Manger) is implicated, but I do not know that with any certainty. All the other Insteon devices (of various types) work fine.

HomeSeer Standard Edition 2.3.0.0
    Insteon Plug-in Configuration - HYBRID PLC VERSION 1.1.50.17994 In PLC/SDM Mode

Any comments or work arounds? Is it really the SDM that is the issue, or is it something else? Do these devices have to be added somehow? Is this related to the "external devices" thread/conversation? I have gleaned that in HS 2.3.x the "external devices? is not working. ??? Sorry to be such a newbie about some of this. I am a BSEE, but there is so much about all of this that you just have to know, else its so foggy to keep progressing.

if these external devices were working prior to your upgrade to hs 2.3, then i would put in a help desk ticket.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

If you do a message board search for these devices you will find that the plugin never supported these but rather an "extra" file that comes with the plugin can me edited to make these work. There have been a few users that have edited this "extra" file to add other capabilities as well. The best route to take if you are using Insteon is to get the ISY hardware and the associated ISY plugin. This hardware/plugin will work with these devices as well as other newly added hardware.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Was Clean Install

Thanks guys for the help. The HS install was a clean install to 2.3 on a fresh machine.

Comment

Originally posted by sckoman View Post
          I am having difficulty with the EZX10RF and EZIO8SA being recognized by the Insteon Plug-In ... shows up as unknown device or not at all. Using the SHN utility (simplehomenet), I can get to these devices just fine. I am (indirectly) learning that the SDM (SmartHome Device Manger) is implicated, but I do not know that with any certainty. All the other Insteon devices (of various types) work fine.

HomeSeer Standard Edition 2.3.0.0
          Insteon Plug-in Configuration - HYBRID PLC VERSION 1.1.50.17994 In PLC/SDM Mode

Any comments or work arounds? Is it really the SDM that is the issue, or is it something else? Do these devices have to be added somehow? Is this related to the "external devices" thread/conversation? I have gleaned that in HS 2.3.x the "external devices? is not working. ??? Sorry to be such a newbie about some of this. I am a BSEE, but there is so much about all of this that you just have to know, else its so foggy to keep progressing.
          I gave up and had to go back to a previous version .76.. Something changed in the way the external program (running the vb script -- which btw is delivered with HS2 and is required to make these devices work) I have put in HD tickets, etc. and no one has been much help... tried it with various versions of the OS--Vista and XP, but with no luck... Clean installs, upgrades, etc.. All I can reason is that something between the updates of HS2 and various security patches in the OS have rendered it incompatible...

Comment

Steve, looks like I may have spoken too soon... between the updates to HS2 2.3.0.9 and the Insteon Plugin 1.1.5.1... I now have a working setup... my scripting is now back in action (on a pretty clean version of XP)... I have not tired the lasted patched version of Vista yet, but...

Greg

Comment

progressing ...

Thanks guys ...
              It is slowly progressing at this end. I have sent the EZX10RF and EZIO8SA back to simplehomenet for firmware updates. The firmware on the ones I had was pretty old. simplehomenet will update the firmware if one pays for shipping both ways. There is no firmware update tools for the public.

I have moved up to (fyi, this machine is WinXPproSP3)
              Insteon Plug-in Configuration - HYBRID PLC VERSION 1.1.51.1 In PLC/SDM Mode,
              but I am at HS 2.3.0. It is not 'playing nice' with the external devices. I will wait for any updates via the updater since I have to wait for the EZX10RF and EZIO8SA modules to come back anyway.

I noticed in the SDM folders that in
              X:\Program Files\Common Files\Smarthome\Device Manager\maps\models.txt
              there are hex mappings for the various supported devices. The EZ devices are not
              included, so I suspect that is why they must be included in the external devices .vb

I see from Insteon_ExtDevSupport.vb that the EZRAIN and EZIOxx devices
              can be supported as external devices. I will need to study this further to figure out
              how to include the EZX10RF. Actually, I could probably get away without having to
              include the EZX10RF.

My impression is that these are all good products. It is at least party true that there are so many products and versions out there - many-to-many - that people are spread pretty thin based upon what they currently own. The subset of people with HomeSeer *and* the EZ series of Insteon devices *and* who happen to be tech saavy is probably pretty small. If they are not tech saavy, they probably give up.

Comment

Working...
              X