Jon00 System Tray - Dead Icon Killer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 System Tray - Dead Icon Killer

You may have noticed that whenever Homeseer crashes or the Speaker client application is killed, their notification icon is left in the Windows Task-bar system tray (notification area) until a mouse is run over each
    dead icon to remove them.

This small utility will attempt to remove these and any other dead icons at any time you run the supplied script. Normally you would add this to run via your startup.txt but you could also run it from a recurring event from time to time.

This has only been tested on my Hometroller, however it should work on most 32 bit Windows OS. There are also certain conditions regarding the task bar (i.e not set to auto-hide) so please read the instructions included with the download.

As aways, it is available from my site (click on the banner below).
    Jon

There is a new version of this which works with all flavors of Homeseer or you can run this from the Windows Scheduler.

It is located in the Homeseer 3 downloads section on my site.
    Jon

Comment

Is this still supposed to work. I see it's from 2015. It doesn't work for me. The cursor does move across the taskbar but doesn't kill dead icons. If I hover over dead icon manually they disappear.

Comment

I see no reason why it should not work. Perhaps you need to slow down the mouse movement using the parameter settings.
        Jon

Comment

This seems to just move the cursor along the taskbar. In order for it to work manually I have to click on the arrow to open the tray then hover cursor over it. Just putting cursor on top of arrow doesn't work, so slowing down mouse movement won't work. Unless I'm missing something.

Comment

Yes, you would have to always show the icon in the tray via Windows tray settings. It cannot kill icons which are hidden.
            Jon

Comment

Ah OK. Got it working now. This is not on my HS PC. I'm using your Remote Computer Control plugin to launch it. Is there a way to change speed/distance when launching it remotely?

Comment

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                Ah OK. Got it working now. This is not on my HS PC. I'm using your Remote Computer Control plugin to launch it. Is there a way to change speed/distance when launching it remotely?
                If you are using the run command, set the second (application) parameter with the delay and speed numbers.
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X