www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Support > Security General Discussion

Old January 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Seer

Default question

is there an plug in for the vista 128bp control panel if so what is the cost
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Insteon Overlord

you need two pieces to support the vista 128bp (1) the nutech.com ad2usb ($88) and (2) the ademco vista alarm plugin (~$50)

check out the vista alarm forum here

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.96
Hardware: Insteon PLM | HAI Omnistat2 | Vista Alarm 20P (soon) | 1-Wire Master Hub (soon)
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.5.0 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | BLRadar
Platform: Windows 2003 Server, 3.4Ghz, 3GB memory
Old December 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarney View Post
I have seen and read somewhere on the board about a product called AD2USB Adapter for use on Ademco Vista series security panels made by Nu Tech Software Solutions, Inc.

http://www.nutech.com/nu-tech-shop/16.html

I'm really curious if a plug-in is being developed for this USB adapter. This appears to be a really simple way to integrate HomeSeer / HT2 with my installed Ademco Vista 20P panel. I really prefer smaller size of the AD2USB hardware compared to the Vista ICM.

I cannot code at all and would be really interested if a plug-in is in the works.

If a HomeSeer plug-in is developed I will be purchasing a AD2USB Adapter right away.

Cheers,

Jim

I have a Vista-20P. So, I bought a HomeSeer HS3Pro and AD2USB. The only plug-in they have for this combination is only for HS2, not HS3. So, I got fed up after full 4 days of run around. Even the people in these business do not know what they are doing !!! What a pathetic industry !!!
Old January 2nd, 2014, 05:32 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishras View Post
I have a Vista-20P. So, I bought a HomeSeer HS3Pro and AD2USB. The only plug-in they have for this combination is only for HS2, not HS3. So, I got fed up after full 4 days of run around. Even the people in these business do not know what they are doing !!! What a pathetic industry !!!
did you do any research to see what was avail for sale or in the forums before making your purchases/decisions? I think you will find people are very helpful here but you have to have some patients and respect for everyone's time.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.96
Hardware: Insteon PLM | HAI Omnistat2 | Vista Alarm 20P (soon) | 1-Wire Master Hub (soon)
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.5.0 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | BLRadar
Platform: Windows 2003 Server, 3.4Ghz, 3GB memory
Old January 20th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishras View Post
Mishras,
Mark is absolutely right! in the world of home automation you do have to be patient. And I get how you feel, because I've been there. But most of the people on here who contribute to this community do this as a hobby (This is not their full time job) therefore patience is a virtue do to the fact that they cannot devote all of their time to making our problems go away over night.
As far as this Plugin for HS3, it is available as -Alpha-, it does work, however you cannot install it via the HS3 installer, you do have to do your homework and research the how to's and such. Below is a link to the install thread for the plugin that Mark has created.
http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165095
follow these directions closely (I didn't the 1st time and had to ask for help) and after I read them again I saw my mistake. Good luck and I hope you stick with it as the results are very rewarding!

Charles
Cisco CUCM w/SIP
Avaya CM w/SIP
Windows 2008 R2 Server