Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeseer Now has control over my Carrier Infinity system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Now has control over my Carrier Infinity system.

Here is how I got homeseer to control my Carrier infinity system leaveing the infinity controlers on my walls.

Yes you do have to get the SAM to get the serial port. For me I have two units in my home 1st and 2nd floor, that being the case The SAM Investment is a little high but if you think about having to buy 2 thermostats besides the WD it is just a few $100 more.

With the SAM unit you dont have to activate the $100 year service from SKYTEL. that is up to you if you want more info on the Internet about your HVAC System

Second part I have the ELK M1 Gold alarm system. They have software for there M1XSP serial port for the Carrier infinity serial port. Right now it is in beta but they were more than willing to send it to me. Since the 1 SAM can control 2 HVAC. The M1 Gold also can control both units and up to 8 zones per unit.

And the last part! Getting the Ultra1M Plug-in for homeseer. With the plug-in you are able to control the Carrier infinity system through the M1.

Yes this is a lot more than just putting in a new T-stat but by doing all this you dont have to lose the GREAT Features that the Carrier Infinity Thermostats with all the control that they offer, you just also are adding Automation control.

I would asume that you can also do this with the HAI system but I am not sure about that! I have the ELK and know that works.

I know for my self I have been looking for this I hope this helps some of you that have been looking to use the infinity system with homeseer. Yes this does cost more to do but if it works the way you want it too then money well spent!
    Last edited by scottp73; March 2, 2009, 05:12 PM.

Being that Crestron and Elk and others have been able to Control the Carrier Infinity system through the SAM. Why hasn't Homeseer created a Plug-In to Control the Carrier infinity system. The Serial Protocol is out there for thoes companys to make products. I am able to control the my infinity system as I said in the Elk. But being that HS is software based You could definity control the whole Infinity system just like Crestron does. Just my thought.

Comment

I have 2 Infinity systems and have written HS plugins and would be interested in exploring this. Could you point me to more information on the SAM interface specs?

tenholde
      tenholde

Comment

Here is the carrier doc that describes the control codes.

http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...1-20156-25.pdf

Comment

I have a copy of the spec at home. I had started a plugin a year or so ago but did not have the time to devote to mastering how plugins work. I will look for it tonight and send it to you.

Comment

Sorry, I somehow didn't see Andrew's post earlier today. The link he posted is the same as the document that I have.

Comment

I have the Carrier Infinities as well as the ELK M1. Have not invested in the Homeseer software yet. I presume there is no way around having to get the SAM?

tx

Comment

Tenholde,

Did you get anywhere with this plugin?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Never acquired the hardware
                  tenholde

Comment

Working...
                  X