No announcement yet.

Can any one create a plugin for the Paradox panels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, sorry. A change of job has meant ive had no time to look into writing a Paradox plugin and have had to stick with my DSC for now
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

interest in contracting a devloper to interface hs with paradox eVO

I also happen to have paradox system which is very reliable and full of functionality. I am interested in contracting a developer to interface parados printer module (according to the specs provided here) with homeseer.
      Thank you.

Comment

So my DSC IT-100 keeps blowing up and I'm thinking of moving to Paradox (again). I'm getting the PRT3 module and a demo panel to begin testing. FRom what I've managed to find so far:

1. This is still going to be USB/RS232 serial comms - there's no usable IP interface
        2. It's almost identical to the DSC coding and the basic functions seem quite easy to implement
        3. If you're using C-Bus then it has a direct C-Bus (via PCI) interface, but you're limited to 30 PGM input/outputs - meaning if you have 28 zones like me, there's no easy way to tell C-Bus which zone has triggered. - Also - it seems only one PR3 per panel, so no C-Bus AND HS, it's an OR decision
        4. Did I mention no IP - rats, rats, rats. I hate RS-232
        5, I've never written a HS plugin before and I know the architecture will change when HS3 is launched - is there really enough interest to warrant the effort?
        Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post

3. If you're using C-Bus then it has a direct C-Bus (via PCI) interface, but you're limited to 30 PGM input/outputs - meaning if you have 28 zones like me, there's no easy way to tell C-Bus which zone has triggered. - Also - it seems only one PR3 per panel, so no C-Bus AND HS, it's an OR decision
          ?
          Funny to see some activity on this thread. After not using Homeseer for several years I just ordered HSPro last night.

The PRT3 module has 16 virtual inputs and 30 PGM (outputs). In addition it also supports sending global system status commands both via ASCII and C-BUS. It is called security report in C-BUS options and supports 80 zones.

The limit of one module per panel is for the Spectra Panels. The EVO can have more than one.

The ASCII global report will send everything the panel does from zone open/close to trouble signals and then some. I was about to start tinkering with a script to interface with my system. I understand once the com port is open it will listen for data from the security panel. The problem I have is that there are thousands of variable that can be sent.

In addition, you can send commands to query the panel. You would use the virtual PGMs for the panel to trigger specific events in Homeseer. The virtual inputs would be setup as zones on the Paradox. So, if you had a temperature sensor in Homeseer, you could set it as a virtual zone on the Paradox and have the alarm system report a freeze alarm to your monitoring station.

I'm sticking with the Paradox because I have access control modules. The global command will send request to exit and access granted status updates.

I will help in any way I can if you want to write a plug in. I have attached the programming guides from the Paradox dealer site.
          Attached Files

Comment

Rico, I think we can use the PRT3 in ASCII mode without the need for the virtual PGM's. The HS plugin would read the status codes from the panel and update HS devices (much the same way the DSC plugin does today). My biggest issue is getting my head around the HS plugin development rather than the PRT3 interface.

Rico, do you know much about the IP-100 v1.5 module? That's supposed to report all events over IP to a central monitoring station - I see there's even IPRS-7 software to convert the Paradox IP comms into some of the central monitoring formats such as ADEMCO, etc. If we could get the IP-100 to deliver events over IP to HS, that would at least get rid of all the RS-232 stuff. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
              My biggest issue is getting my head around the HS plugin development rather than the PRT3 interface.

...do you know much about the IP-100 v1.5 module? That's supposed to report all events over IP to a central monitoring station - I see there's even IPRS-7 software to convert the Paradox IP comms into some of the central monitoring formats such as ADEMCO, etc. If we could get the IP-100 to deliver events over IP to HS, that would at least get rid of all the RS-232 stuff. Any thoughts?
              I was going to try modifying an existing script like the one for HAI Thermostats to get started and just request a few bits of info and go from there.

The problem with the IP100 module is that it only sends events that deal with alarm or trouble conditions. While it will send Zone 1 Alarm, it will not send Zone 1 Open/Close or basic things like access granted and request to exit, which I want to use to trigger events. It is also one-way only, so you would not be able to send commands to the alarm system.

Comment

ASCII Commands

In the PDF I posted earlier, starting on page 16 are the System Events the panel will send to the automation software in real time when they occur.

There are 66 groups
                Each group has various event numbers, the ones with user codes have up to 999!
                Then each one has an area (partition) from 1 -8 or 0 for all areas.

Example:

If zone 1 (in area 1) is opened: G001N001A001
                If zone 1 (in area 1) is closed: G000N001A001

If zone 192 (in area 8) is in alarm: G024N192A008

I don't know if you can write one IF THEN statement that looks for any zone, 1 - 192 and updates the same zone in Homeseer, or if you need to write 192 different statements. I would guess you can do it with one and pass the variable to the script.

I think this is even more robust than the DSC and other systems as far as what can be sent back and forth, just some work to get it up and running.

Comment

Rico, that's pretty much what the DSC panel offers too. One advatage of the DSC IT-100 is that it has a virtual keypanel capability. That means you oculd simulate a keypanel in HSTouch or similar. But I've not seen it reliably implemented yet (the feedback mechanism from the panel is a little flaky).

I've got the ASCII documentation and am ramping up to writing a plugin that will behave in a similar manner to the DSC plugins.

Do you know if I can purchase Paradox kit online anywhere? I'm struggling to find anywhere.

Comment

Beerygaz, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Here is a link to a discussion about development of a Pardox plugin for a different automation software system. It has some good information about the steps the plugin goes through to set the initial area and zone status using the get label command. There are also links to support forum with more discussion.

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_paradox-alarm

Sample plugin code used for all alarm panels
                      http://code.mios.com/svn_public/mios...Partition2.xml

Paradox Specific Code
                      http://code.mios.com/svn_public/mios...ecurityEVO.xml

Comment

Hi,

sorry to awake old thread, but i wrote a basic rs232 interfare to the mg5050 for the Barionet PLC.

I have no clue about homeseer, but if someone wants to take the "code" and implement in homeseer, they welcome to contact me.

The serial langauge is actually fairly easy..

Basic functions that currentley working:
                        Arm
                        Disarm
                        Detect zone open/close

L:

Comment

Originally posted by karman View Post
                          Hi,

sorry to awake old thread, but i wrote a basic rs232 interfare to the mg5050 for the Barionet PLC.

I have no clue about homeseer, but if someone wants to take the "code" and implement in homeseer, they welcome to contact me.

The serial langauge is actually fairly easy..

Basic functions that currentley working:
                          Arm
                          Disarm
                          Detect zone open/close

L:
                          Hi Karman,

I would appreciate it if you could forward me the details around the protocol and serial language. I currently in the process of building a Raspberry Pi interface to my Paradox alarm system.

Regards,
                          John

Comment

Emailed you
                            L:

Comment

Thank you Karman. I replied via email.

Comment

Just to update this thread quickly:

I'm about 25% complete on a Paradox plugin using the PRT3 module. So far I'm getting status updates from the panel and updating devices in HS. The next step is to code the events portion. It's a little challenging given the fact that the panel often reports undocumented events at times and PAradox support is non existant (Canadian?).

If anyone is interested in alpha code then let me know and I'm happy to share what I have. Note that it should NOT be run in production just yet :-)

Gaz

Comment

Working...
                                X