This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSPro and Way2Call issue?

My way2call and netcallerid have been working for ages with no issues, now I have upgraded to Pro way2call is doing all sorts of things to my internal phones, locking the line up, announcing callers constantly even after answering the phone, phone when not in use keeps lighting up and saying CALL even though nothing is incoming.

This is driving me nuts, I have deleted and added phone lines,

TrOjAn

The only difference between HS2 and PRO is the the PRO version generates callerID information and sends it to the phones so it displays on the phone display. I'll see if there is a setting to disable that, it may be causing you issues. I assume you are using the version of PRO as you were using with HS2?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich thanks for the reply, what you describe I believe is the issue... Im using 2.3.0.19, I tried beta .84 and also .122 but was the same, if there is a setting somewhere I would love to have it..

TrOjAn

Comment

Are you using HSPro with a phone system? I am planning to use it with a Panasonic 824 and hoping there won't be similiar issues.

Comment

The phoneline comes into the house and connects to the way2call first, then goes to a phone base, that is a wireless base for the house phones.. I have had to delete the phoneline to stop the problems,

TrOjAn

Comment

I will be connecting the way2call to a phone extension so that all of the CID info from the various phone lines will get fed to Homeseer. Hopefully this arrangement will not produce the situation you are seeing.

Comment

Well Rich stated above its the added features of PRO thats pushing the id to the phones, they are displaying but man the announcements are going mad, and each announce registers on the handset as a missed call..

Also when I click the PHONE link in HS and the phone page opens the house phones light up and it says CALL... wife aint impressed

TrOjAn

Comment

I know it's little consolation now Trojan, but I went through similar issues with the W2C on going Pro as well. Once I managed to get it set up properly, it's worked without a hitch.

Have you tried renaming the hsphone.ini file and letting HS recreate it from scratch?
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  The only difference between HS2 and PRO is the the PRO version generates callerID information and sends it to the phones so it displays on the phone display. I'll see if there is a setting to disable that, it may be causing you issues.
                  Any luck on this Rich? ATM I have no announcements.

TrOjAn

Comment

I'll have a look at it on Monday, have a football game to watch today .

I did look at the code and I have to make a change to disable the feature, there is no way to disable it right now. Its trying to send the caller's name to the phones. Not sure why this would be an issue though.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK, watch the game, down time is good

As for the issue, its possibly the actual phone system I have here, the UK stuff is funny at the best of times..

Seems weird that it was fine under HS2 but not PRO, but if it is doing something extra like sending data to the phones it could be it.. if you need me to beta test a fix I can, just shout..

Thanks, TrOjAn

Comment

Not positive on this but it sounds like an issue that has been already rebooted. If I am wrong, then my appologies....

If this is the "CallerID" being resent issue, then this is an old issue that hasn't been resolved. It appears that it is considered a "feature" to have the name from the address book retransmitted to the attached phones.

I personally think that it is annoying and have requested that a setting be created that would allow us to configure it on/off. But to my latest knowledge this hasn't been done. It was a helpdesk item which potentially is unresolved.
                        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

I quit using my W2C along time ago when I started Pro.
                          When it retransmitted the CID it would click a relay in the W2C and that would act as a handset flash and it would hang up on the people if the wife was already on the phone. Not a WAF spiker...

~Bill

Comment

I agree. I have stopped using HSPhone for the same reason and have begun to use MainLobby/MLServer for CallerID.

I have a hard time with this as the upgrade from HS Standard to HS Pro shouldn't be taking you backwards on something that worked for a long time.

I guess I hope that Rich/Rick will add a feature that will allow one to disable this new functionality.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=128216
                            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Well lets give Rich a chance on this, hopefully we will all be happy once he has time to look at it.

It is the "feature" of resending the caller name from address book thats the issue, I for one would not be happy to have to scrap my way2call because I got a "better" product.

If not maybe we could all flood the helpdesk with tickets about it?

meanwhile, Ill wait patiently...

TrOjAn

Comment

Working...
                              X