I/O and 1wire over TCP/IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I/O and 1wire over TCP/IP

I saw a post over at cocoontech that linked to this device..

http://www.amazon.com/Webcontrol-Uni...6497812&sr=1-1

It is a box with Analog inputs, Digitial I/O, 1-Wire (temperature) and 1-Wire Relative Humidity...

All for less than $40...

It apparantly has a built in webserver.. that you can retrieve input values.. (and supposiedly activate outputs.) through HTML web commands..

I wonder if it would be difficult to script something to "poll" the inputs every few minutes... (not necessarily for RealTime status... that would take a plugin i think).... or to "Set" output bits..

Original post at cocoontech
    http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...opic=15005&hl=

Documentation for device/html/interface is linked to in the cocoontech post..

Not trying to redirect to another board... but i didn't see a bunch of activity over there on this thread... and this almost seems too good to pass up....

Any thoughts?... any reason why i shouldn't put this on my xmas wish list from the wife?...

I can probably script something to post and get html info....
    Regards,

Andrew B.

While I really dont need one it does look like a good value and should be easy to interface. I ordered one to play with.

Comment

moi aussi!
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

What the heck...got one too....that makes #6 1-wire networks.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I don't need one either, but couldn't resist.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post

It is a box with Analog inputs, Digitial I/O, 1-Wire (temperature) and 1-Wire Relative Humidity...

All for less than $40...

It apparantly has a built in webserver.. that you can retrieve input values.. (and supposiedly activate outputs.) through HTML web commands..

I wonder if it would be difficult to script something to "poll" the inputs every few minutes... (not necessarily for RealTime status... that would take a plugin i think).... or to "Set" output bits..

Original post at cocoontech
            http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...opic=15005&hl=

Documentation for device/html/interface is linked to in the cocoontech post..

Not trying to redirect to another board... but i didn't see a bunch of activity over there on this thread... and this almost seems too good to pass up....

Any thoughts?... any reason why i shouldn't put this on my xmas wish list from the wife?...

I can probably script something to post and get html info....
            I cannot tell I lie ... I'm responsible for your Xmas list bloat ... ;-)

This device is much improved since I first started using it about a year ago. At my suggestion, the manufacturer added the DS18B20 to the supported 1-wire devices. The ability to write rules is another important improvement.

I posted some more info and some web screen shots at the thread I started at http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...topic=15005&hl=

It was suggested there that a HS plug-in is in order.

There is also some rambling discussion at comp.home.automation newsgroup.

HTH ... Marc

Comment

The relative humidity sensor is Honeywell's HIH-4000 0-5vdc analog series, not 1-wire. I confirmed that HIH-3600's also work. So it can also serve as a fourth ADC

All for less than $40...

To turn ON TTL1 'browse' to
              http://192.168.1.xx/setoutps.cgi?0000W11=TTL1+ON

To turn OFF TTL1 'browse' to
              http://192.168.1.xx/setoutps.cgi?0000W11=TTL1+OFF

Couldn't be easier.

Note also that the device can send up to eight different email messages ( one per output, all to same address) activated by concatenated AND-OR rules that be triggered by the NTP-synchronized real time clock, timers, analog thresholds, TTL input status, other TTL outputs, or temperature or humidity thresholds.

So there is a built-in simple way for immediate event creation and notification to HS. For example, my first project is a device that sends me and HS email and triggers a Napco security fault when the filter on my incoming water service needs to be changed. I also will be replacing the Elk MM440 modules that control drapery etc.

HTH ... Marc
              Last edited by hult; November 20, 2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

I also bought one. Don't need it but somehow I will find a use for it.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Got mine yesterday and noticed that I have no loose temp / humidity sensors anywhere as they are all mounted on whatever boards.

Where's a good / reasonable in price place to purchase temp / humidity sensors?
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                    Where's a good / reasonable in price place to purchase temp / humidity sensors?
                    I have the same question.
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I just bought my humidity sensors on Ebay from someone in Canada. $12 for a HIH-4000-001 plus $4 shipping. Not sure how the price is as I have never bought any before and seemed as good as I could find in a quick search.

Item # 180434485666

Got the temp sensors from another Ebay seller. They are the DS18B20 and I got 10 for 16.90 plus $3 shipping.

Item # 110451030003

Have not received anything yet, but the order was just placed on Friday. Both items were marked as shipped on the same day so time will tell.

Comment

Thanks mhog...ordered same
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I received my unit and believe it is an excellent value. If I did not already have my Temp05 in service at a remote location I would use this unit. It is nice that it has some basic internal conditional logic so it could be used for standalone control in some applications. The logic engine is pretty basic, but this is often all one needs. Of course as an extension to Homeseer no standalone logic is needed.

I posted an interface into Homeseer at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138892. I set it up to manage 8 of these units with update rates user selectable and implemented an SMTP server so immediate event notification can be delivered from the WebControl module into Homeseer. I implemented rising/falling thresholds on the continuous sensors so things like thermostat emulation would be easy. I also added hystesis on the continuous readings so events are not generated for very minor changes in the sensor reading.

When I run the interface software at 1 second polling rate on a single unit I do not see any measurable CPU or Network use. At 500 milliseconds I see an occasional 1% in Task Manager. With the SMTP events for really critial timing and reasonably fast polling rates this distrubuted interface solutions does not suffer any performance penalties from those that may be directly connected to the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
                            I just bought my humidity sensors on Ebay from someone in Canada. $12 for a HIH-4000-001 plus $4 shipping. Not sure how the price is as I have never bought any before and seemed as good as I could find in a quick search.
                            This is an excellent price as the last batch I ordered from a distributor were $25ea. Thanks for the heads-up!
                            Best regards,
                            -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                            Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Can anyone who has received one of these tell me which microcontroller they used on the PCB?
                              Best regards,
                              -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
                              Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
                              X