X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I understand only association is possible for button 2

Comment

Hello Jonas,

what do you mean by association in practice?
      I can't use the second button in homeseer?
      Is this a problem from homeseer or from Merten.

B.R. Wim

Comment

As I have understand you cant get the second button to work in homeseer other than the assosiation to control an other lamp. This would mean that you cant trigger any event with the second button.
        But I could be wrong here.

How did you manage to get the "no status device" in homeseer from the 2 gang merten, I only get one.

Comment

I read in the 2-gang connector and reciever in Merten software.
          Remember that the aeon stick in Merten is the last device. This is very important.
          Programmed the devices.
          Close Merten software and let the system manager into Merten.
          Then you see both buttons in Homeseer.

B.R. Wim

Comment

Very, very nice!

Thanks for sharing this with us Wim

Close Merten software and let the system manager into Merten.
            What do you mean by this? Keep the Merten Z-wave USB controller as primary or set a wall switch as primary?

Comment

Merten USB stick is in use as the primary controller by me and the Aeon usb stick as secondairy.

Till now I have only one problem: the 2-gang transmitter works in homeseer only with button 1. Button 2 is seen in homesser but has no status.
              In the living where the 2-gang transmitter is placed, everything is working fine by hand. For both buttons.

B.R. Wim

Comment

All who have problems to use Merten battery power transmitters with HomeSeer software can now take a look on this User Manual: http://www.smarthus.info/support/download/zwave/Merten_bpd.pdf

Comment

Great manual, works as explained.

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks! I hope this manual can inspire European Z-Wave users to look closer on great products from Merten. Also use possibilities of the Function Configuration (Parameter Number/Configuration Value) that are available in many standard micromodules from Merten.

Comment

Do I need the AEON stick to use homeseer with my merten devices or can I use only the Merten USB stick?

Comment

You need a stick that is compatible with HS merten usb stick is not to my knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
                          You need a stick that is compatible with HS merten usb stick is not to my knowledge.
                          Ok, I guess I order a AEON stick then...
                          Is there anything else I need besides HS2? noticed there's something called Z-tool and Z-seer.

I have HS2 licence that i haven't used for about 4 years when i moved to another house. Before that I used X10 but it was'nt reliable enough so I didn't install it at my new place.

Comment

You don't need Z-tool or Z-seer

Comment

Attached Files
                              Last edited by wim2008; April 28, 2011, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Merten USB interface

I'm thinking about buying a different Z-wave USB interface, I'm not to pleased with the range of my Aeon Labs stick. I own one Merten z-wave switch, that's the only one with good reception, Duwi and ACT are a lot worse. I wonder if the Merten USB interface is of the same quality as their switches, and if RF USB Interface Connect no. 506801 can be used in combination with Homeseer. Reading this thread makes me believe that it should work, or are you guys using a different Merten z-wave interface?
                                Thanks,
                                Elio

Comment

Working...
                                X