This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch out what you wish for...

HS is having enough trouble keeping up with their own plug-ins that people have paid for (DSC plug-in has not seen legit update in a long time)...

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Are you having issues with the plugin?
      Over the past number of months, I've sent Jon error reports (as he requests), feature requests (unsupported sensors), and suggestions for improvement; not to mention the current warnings. ALL have gone unanswered! So, yes, I'm ticked!
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by megatron2 View Post
        Watch out what you wish for...

HS is having enough trouble keeping up with their own plug-ins that people have paid for (DSC plug-in has not seen legit update in a long time)...
        I meant, HST might find a capable programmer amongst our ranks. The last thing that's needed is to have the source distributed to anyone who asks and then a proliferation of diverse versions show up.

Comment

I would have preferred to see an update to the paid ACRF2 plugin versus a "patch" on HS to disregard the depreciated API warnings I see as I boot up HSP. I noticed the only other one (Ultra plugins) were updated so that I do not see these warnings.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
            With Oman's total lack of support lately, I would question paying for the update, even if I needed it. Look how long it's been since HS 2.4 has been out and not a peep out of Jon about fixing the nagging error message at startup.
            Last time I emailed him (11/5/09) he said he was working on it. Nothing happening so far. I'm about ready to write off ACRF and switch to the RFX plugin myself.
            I use the old ACRF plug-in as well. You mention switching to the RFXCOM plug-in... How would you do that if you are using a W800 to intercept wireless X10 signals. I don't think the RFXCOM plug-in supports this device.

The RFXCOM plug-in appears to be very feature rich, I for one am interested if it supports what I am doing today using the W800.
            Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
              Over the past number of months, I've sent Jon error reports (as he requests), feature requests (unsupported sensors), and suggestions for improvement; not to mention the current warnings. ALL have gone unanswered! So, yes, I'm ticked!
              So no errors only feature requests?
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Re Read Wadenuts post...

"I've sent Jon error reports (as he requests)"

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                  Rupp,

Re Read Wadenuts post...

"I've sent Jon error reports (as he requests)"

TrOjAn
                  Ah, read it too fast.

Comment

I've said my peace, but I will add this. If a plugin is sold via the HS updater, HST ought to have some mechanism in place to ensure this doesn't happen to users. Even HST gave us fair warning that support for HS1.7 would be discontinued at a certain future date, and gave us ample opportunity to upgrade to HS2 before that date. In this case, there was no such notification, no warning, not even a hint.
                    FYI: There is at least one other plugin still for sale via the updater for which support has long since dried up, and which, in that particular case, in my opinion is barely functional.

Comment

just noticed my trial of acrf2 expired in the last couple of days so now would normally be the time i get my "dusty" wallet out and pay for the software because it does what I needed it to do. Instead, I find myself seriously questioning this decision as an intelligent one based upon the many posts about the future and support for this plug-in. Are there any alternatives that work with the W800?

I thought there was a thread about getting the older free version going on HS2?

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
                        just noticed my trial of acrf2 expired in the last couple of days so now would normally be the time i get my "dusty" wallet out and pay for the software because it does what I needed it to do. Instead, I find myself seriously questioning this decision as an intelligent one based upon the many posts about the future and support for this plug-in. Are there any alternatives that work with the W800?

I thought there was a thread about getting the older free version going on HS2?
                        Personally I haven't had an issue with the ACRF2 plugin in years so it really confuses me when users complain about support for this plugin. I will agree that it's not being enhanced but as far as I know there are no issues with the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Personally I haven't had an issue with the ACRF2 plugin in years so it really confuses me when users complain about support for this plugin. I will agree that it's not being enhanced but as far as I know there are no issues with the plugin.
                          Well said, but for some users the two way communication gives the peace of mind.

That being said, how would it make you feel if you bought a car, and the dealership closed their doors. It might run fine for years.

I'm not sure the car analogy works because you CAN find other repair shops, and even other deals from the same brand.

Now look at the software side of things. If no support is there, do you want to invest hardware and software into something that might not work when homeseer 3.0 comes out? I'd bet money on many of the plug-in authors are still around and updating their plug-ins for years to come. I feel a little more confident buying those plug-ins.
                          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Which version is current?

Hi

I'm having some issues with ACRF2.

2/10/2010 7:41:06 AM AC-RF2 Processor Message timing suspicious - Likely serial data problems (framing error of 18 ). Attempting to reframe.

I haven't updated in a while and when I went to the Updater it says I have a newer version than the released version... ???

1.1.3226.27426 1.1.3252.42692

Can you shed some light?

Regards
                            Michael
                            Regards,
                            Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

I interpret this error to mean that a device transmission was not very strong and/or there was noise that obscured it.

If it is just occasional, I've found that ignoring the error is effective. If you are getting it often, is it for many devices or just one device?
                              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

It's six or eight times a day. But I'm more curious about the versions. Why am I showing a later version than what the Updater says is current? And what, if anything, should I do about that?

Regards
                                Michael
                                Regards,
                                Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Working...
                                X