www.homeseer.com  

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Audio & Video Support > Camera Plug-ins > WebCam

WebCam Discussions related to the HomeSeer WebCam Plug-In. This plug-in allows HomeSeer to snap pictures on demand, record video on demand, and trigger events based upon motion detection through a video device. This plug-in is an add-on that is currently a

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Seer Master

Default Drivers for cheap DVR card Techwell TW6805A

I know, you get what you pay for, but I picked up a cheap 4 chip DVR card. I loaded the drivers from the provided disk and 8 devices (two per chip) appear in the hardware manager. However neither HS or my other video package sees these as cameras. Does anyone know of a driver that might be available for the card (no markings, although there is a fifth chip)?

Or is this another cause where I need to pull the card and add it my pile of bad ideas?

Thanks,
Barry
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:36 PM
OverSeer

There's a lot of information on this device when you Bing it so that would lead me to believe there should be a good driver for it somewhere. It may take a while to find it though.
Old January 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
There's a lot of information on this device when you Bing it so that would lead me to believe there should be a good driver for it somewhere. It may take a while to find it though.
I've been searching there and keep coming up with driver "repair" sites that want me to download and scan my machine. Do you have any experience with these and what's the catch? Example http://www.quickpcsolutions.org/Driv...m-drivers.html

Thanks,
Barry
Old January 31st, 2010, 10:20 PM
Seer

I also bought one of the "clone" cards with 8x878 video chips on it with a center mounted PCI controller chip. I am currently using the drivers located here: http://www.camsecure.co.uk/Camsecure878Drivers.html

The drivers are 2 euros but they work great. I can get 15-20 fps from each video feed. If i use the free bt878 wdm open source drivers, I get only about 2-3 fps.
They have a version for 4 chip and 8 chip devices. Look on the bottom left of the page for the driver purchase button.
Old May 4th, 2010, 12:28 AM
OverSeer

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...699#post920699

~Bill
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:40 PM
krotus

Wink

Hi there! I had the same problem that my System did not recognise the driver for a cheap DVR Card with a TW6805A Chipset on it. I purcased it at Chinavasion.com and it worked out that some kind of soldering fluid blocked the contacts on the card so the system did not knew what kind of hardware it was and klogically ignored the driver. If you use nail polish remover to clean the contacts it will probably work perfectly well. By the way- there are a lot of sites who want you to download any kind of driver agent or so offering that it is the one for the BT6805A chipset. DO NOT TAKE THIS! It is some kind of spyware!!! Wach out!