I received my DSC 1832 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my DSC 1832 today

I received my DSC 1832 panel today as well as the IT100 serial interface.

I am reading over the instructions and they have to be worst installation instructions I have ever seen. They are very vague.
    They do not even provide any connectors to hook up the IT100. I assume the IT100 hooks to the Con4 connector on the main board but the con4 is a 4pin connector and they did not provide any pin connector with the IT100. They did not even provide any extra wire for the connections between boards.

Where do I get the pin connector I need to hook up the IT100?
    I also see this ferrite thing and I have no idea whether I need to use it or not. The instructions say "if used" so I have no idea if I need to use it.

I really could use some guidance from someone who has hooked up one of these.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I Install the same system several months ago. Found this site to be a gold mine of info.

The below link is to the manuals section, but check out the rest of the site, some very good info there.

http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/index.php?topic=96.0

Jeff

Comment

I just installed the same alarm as well. The instructions are a disaster, and were clearly written for an embedded systems programmer. Wait till you try to program the zones and partitions

It took Google searches just to figure out how to set the time.

The site Vegas mentioned is excellent.

As for the IT-100, the 4 wires are just connected to the same pins as the keypad. All the DSC alarms use those 4 wires for module connectivity (ex. expansion modules, serial interfaces, etc) I didn't get a ferrite cable with mine, I just used standard alarm 4 wire cable.

Let me know if you have any questions going forward. I'd be happy to help.

Comment

I also got a black ring with the IT100 that says the wires need to be looped around it.
        Do you have this also?
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

They're pretty thin I agree but it's not hard. It's connected through the keybus to the panel and a straight serial cord to your serial port. I'll attach the pdf for the install in case you didn't get one with yours. The ferrite ring DSC tells me is to keep down interference on the keybus. Mostly needed if you have a bunch of stuff, RF especially within the same panel.

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          I received my DSC 1832 panel today as well as the IT100 serial interface.

I am reading over the instructions and they have to be worst installation instructions I have ever seen. They are very vague.
          They do not even provide any connectors to hook up the IT100. I assume the IT100 hooks to the Con4 connector on the main board but the con4 is a 4pin connector and they did not provide any pin connector with the IT100. They did not even provide any extra wire for the connections between boards.

Where do I get the pin connector I need to hook up the IT100?
          I also see this ferrite thing and I have no idea whether I need to use it or not. The instructions say "if used" so I have no idea if I need to use it.

I really could use some guidance from someone who has hooked up one of these.
          Attached Files
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
            I also got a black ring with the IT100 that says the wires need to be looped around it.
            Do you have this also?
            The ring came with mine. Just loop the wires through like so

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCIT100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1159506

Comment

Thx for the pic. It helps
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Here's a good link to get you started:

http://www.diyalarmforum.com/board/i...p?topic=3656.0

It will at least get you started on the basics, and give you an idea of how the programming generally works.

Comment

I will give that a read. Thx
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

You can program everything with the keypad, but the "DSC-PCLINKSCW Programming Serial Cable" and the DLS IV software makes it a LOT easier. Plus you can backup and print out all of the programing. Well worth the 17 bucks for the PCLINK.

http://www.alarmsystemstore.com/DSC-...cpclinkscw.htm

Comment

I was looking thru the alarm wires that all come back to my mechanical room. I had them roughed in by the builder when I built the house.

I noticed that there were 2 cables labelled ATTIC and GARAGE ATTIC. I have no idea why they ran these. Is this normal?

I also noticed they ran 2 motion wires to different areas. I know a motion needs 4 wires, but the weird thing is the cables that are labelled motion have 2 cables taped together. That is 2 cables taped together with 4 wires in each cable.
                        Why would this be?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

The IT100 is flashing but I am not getting anything on the com port.
                          Please help

It is also in trouble because the phone line is not connected. How do I disable the phone line. I am not planning to connect it.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I just put in a 1832 a few months ago, very nice reliable panel and works well. I bought this kit from Alarm System Store. I already had several motion and door sensors already...

See http://www.alarmsystemstore.com/DSC-...-219cp01nt.htm

I alos bought the IT-100 and serial cable to do the programming http://www.alarmsystemstore.com/DSC-...cpclinkscw.htm

I did all of the programming with a piece of software called DLS 2002

See this site for the program download http://www.diysecurityforum.com/software/dsc.php

By the way the diysecurityforum.com site is just a wealth of information...

Good luck, hope this helps...
                            Billy

Comment

I had the same trouble with the phone line on mine until I hooked it up. I was able to use the program to find the line to disable...

I believe the telelphone line monitor can be disabled, check out section 15 option 7.

Here is a link to the manual with all of the programming sections... http://www.homesecuritystore.com/dow...68&prod_id=548
                              Billy

Comment

Working...
                              X