X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'hsrecord2.hsrecordplayClass'

Getting this error:

Initializing audio play/record support: Unable to cast COM object of type 'hsrecord2.hsrecordplayClass' to interface type 'hsrecord2._hsrecordplay'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{C9B8687D-F497-4520-98A0-ED20C8634473}' failed due to the following error: Error loading type library/DLL. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)).

Running the latest beta 2.4.0.60. I don't know if it worked with other versions, this is my first try with the way2call modem.

Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Solved!

deleted all the registry entries that contained : ''hsrecordplay'' and "hsrecord2"

add/remove programs from control panel HS -> then do a repair.

Error is gone!

Comment

Having similiar problem. Where exactly are these entries?
      Don

Comment

Same here. Desperate, the phone is dead... possibly since installing beta 66. Sure we're not missing a '6' ?
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Now I have time, and back in business.

As described in post #2, but with some more detail.

1. Run Regedit.
          2. Export the entire registry to a backup
          3. Search for and delete all hsrecord* entries. There were two which couldn't be deleted. Possibly starting in Safe mode would help but for some reason my mouse went dead trying.
          4. Save and reboot.
          5. Do a Repair install on HS.
          6. Reboot and restart.

Not sure if it was actually necessary to delete the registry entries, but it didn't hurt.
          My phones were all dead and I was desperate.

Modem is Way2Call.

Previous to this I'd tried several HS backups. None worked.
          Removed and reinstalled W2C drivers. No joy.
          Tested W2C with diagnostics. All passed so I was certain the hardware was OK.

Being on call for my work, I can't afford to have the phones down. As I said, this may have gone back to the installation of 2.4.0.66 beta a week ago.

Comment

Thanks for this tip,
            I too have been plagued by this problem too many times to mention.
            I 'm thrilled I read about it as my Hometroller 1 has a power supply that
            was dying a slow death. It shut down and this phone problem showed up
            again. At least this time this fix was way less painful then my previous
            fixes.
            And unfortunately the power supply regulator board finally died this morning
            on my Hometroller 1. When I heard my wife's alarm clock I new I was in trouble.
            I was able to grab an old pc power supply and plug it in to the motherboard and
            I was back to business.

Stuart

Comment

THANK YOU, Had the same error. Clearing the Reg and repairing fixed that. Now I am getting the Windws 7 error:

HSPhone Wave IN id: -2HSPhone Voice Recognition Language ID: 1033HSPhone Error in Hi-Phone InitVR: (100), Exception from HRESULT: 0x80045002HSPhone On Windows 7, ignore error 80045002. Use the Speech control panel, advanced view, to set the audio input to the Hi-Phone USB

Comment

I see Mike may have the answer to that one: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=69
                I'll try that when I have a moment.

Comment

Greg:

How do you save a registery? I'm still fighting this.....

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  Now I have time, and back in business.

As described in post #2, but with some more detail.

1. Run Regedit.
                  2. Export the entire registry to a backup
                  3. Search for and delete all hsrecord* entries. There were two which couldn't be deleted. Possibly starting in Safe mode would help but for some reason my mouse went dead trying.
                  4. Save and reboot.
                  5. Do a Repair install on HS.
                  6. Reboot and restart.

Not sure if it was actually necessary to delete the registry entries, but it didn't hurt.
                  My phones were all dead and I was desperate.

Modem is Way2Call.

Previous to this I'd tried several HS backups. None worked.
                  Removed and reinstalled W2C drivers. No joy.
                  Tested W2C with diagnostics. All passed so I was certain the hardware was OK.

Being on call for my work, I can't afford to have the phones down. As I said, this may have gone back to the installation of 2.4.0.66 beta a week ago.
                  Don

Comment

Wow! That was a long time ago.
                    I believe when you make changes using Regedit, they're saved on exit. I don't remember, but I think it may ask you to verify. Just be sure you've made a backup because you can end up making a royal mess of Windows... even to the extent that Windows won't run.

I'm not even going to suggest here which entries you need to deal with, as I don't remember. Proceed at your own risk.

Comment

To save a backup copy, use File - Export. Select My Computer on the left before doing this so that all the keys will be exported.

Be warned that with regedit, you can screw the registry up enough to keep the OS from booting so that you can even restore it, so be careful.

Comment

Thanks.
                        Don

Comment

Working...
                        X