This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Browser

I mentioned this in another thread but figured I would start a new one for the details. Here is my solution to a DVD library in HsTouch.

To start off here are my specs of the systems I am running to make this work. I am running this on an iPad in my living room however I have set the code to work for any room in my house if the files are in the right format. I use Win7 running media center as my main TV\Movie interface. In WMC I am also running My Movies plugin. To interface with WMC I am using a program called Windows Media Center TCP/IP Controller. I am also running a Server 2008 R2 box that stores all of my moves and runs SQL 2008 Express. HSties it all together with some scripting

The HSTouch interface for the DVD browser shows 12 movies in my collection. The arrows at the top move back and forth in pages (in my case it will cycle through about 11 pages). All I have working right now are movies that are single discs or files. But I know how I am going to handle series and movies with multi discs, I just have not finished the graphics and code yet. When you tap on a movie the scripts check to see if it is a container for multiple movies. If it is a single movie the script calls for a "details page". On the details page I have a cover image, title, and the description and a button to play (I plan to add more info but haven't done it yet). When you hit play the script checks to see if there is more than one disc for this title and if I am storing the movie as a VIDEO_TS folder or if I have converted it to a dvr-ms file. If it is a single disc it will play the disc and issues the correct command depending on how I have the movie stored.

I should note this information is all live data. The pages are not static. I query the My Movies database so as I make changes in collection manager it automatically will update.

As you can see in the upper left corner of the screen shot I have my location set to "Living Room". I also have an xbox360 in my master bedroom that I use as an extender. I can change the location to master bedroom and so long as the movie has been stored as a dvr-ms format i can automatically play it on the extenders as well.

I might need to add this will start a movie playing on my TV and not on my iPad. It is only a browser.

My next post I will show some scripts as soon as i redact some personal info.
    Attached Files

Ok here are the two main vb scripts I am using to run the above screens. The only issue I am currently having is in the hsTouchMovies script I have a function called checkseries. At the end I have two script calls for client actions. The first one loads a page on the calling device (my ipad) and it works fine. The second one is suppose to trigger a button to load some data on the page that was just loaded. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't (more offten it doesn't). The problem has not been consistent so I have not been able to diagnose. There is a lot going on in these scripts so I am not going to try and walk through them if you have a question let me know. Hope this helps someone out.
    Attached Files

Comment

HI colemanscott.

I love the look of this scripts and it sound like just what i have been looking at doing.

Is here any chance of a bit more instruction on how to get this to run?

I have the scripts but am not to sure how you are displaying this in hstouch. can you send me your xml page file?

Also are you looking at making this a plugin as i think it would be the best thing out there.

Thanks for your help.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

I second that. I love your setup and i also have HS pro and My Movies as well as an ipad and an iPhone and other touchscreen. I have been trying for a long time to get my setup to work like yours. I was even considering changing HA software to achieve the same setup as yours. I don't know any scripting so i am a little limited.

Comment

Me too

I would love to be able to get this going on my system as well - looks just what I have been looking for.

Comment

Me too ! I have a main server running HS2 and an Archos 101 running as a HS Touch client. I would love to be able to browse the same as you do on my Archos and trigger playback on an Xbox 360 in my lounge (networked to my HS2 server). I have looked at the scripts but like the guys above, dont know how to join it all up.

If you could help us I would be REALLY grateful. I don't know about the other guys, but I would happily make a donation for pointing me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Jay

Comment

Would love to share. Sorry, work as been a little crazy and I have not had much time to work on the screens and the code. Give me a few days and I will try and get the XML file cleaned up and posted and will give a more detailed explination of what I did. Donations not needed, just bear with me. Should definatly have some time as we get closer to christmas.

Comment

I'm trying to convert the DVDProfiler / DVD Collections code to work with a database. I was thinking of re-vamping that stuff, as when you get a collection larger than 500 entries, reading and parsing an XML "database" becomes incredibly difficult.

So, I was wondering if you'd let me use your work as a base for redoing the DVD Collections webpage?

What SQL "stuff" did you have to install to make this work?

Thanks!!

--Dan
                Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I'm trying to convert the DVDProfiler / DVD Collections code to work with a database. I was thinking of re-vamping that stuff, as when you get a collection larger than 500 entries, reading and parsing an XML "database" becomes incredibly difficult.

So, I was wondering if you'd let me use your work as a base for redoing the DVD Collections webpage?
                  Well I did not actually make the database. I run My Movies (www.mymovies.dk) on my system which runs on an SQL database. I am just reading the MyMovies database and creating a front end for it in HS Touch. You can use anything I have done but that is very little. I have mainly just integrated the programs.

Comment

Thanks!

I guess, my main thing I need to do then, is get an example database, and use your code to read it.

The example is so I can go into it and see how it is put together. Then, I can come up with a script or something to take the exported .xml from DVD Profiler, and convert it to the SQL database.

So, can you either send me a copy of your database, or strip down a version (i.e. put 2-3 movies in it)? I'm just trying to avoid needing to install My Movies to get a database.

I'm not going to USE their database (that would be wrong), but I need an example to learn from (my goal). Especially, as I'm just going to "copy" the format that the XML is produced with (easier to convert from XML to sql...and easier to convert the dvd collections webpages, as I would just insert SQL commands exactly where the XML commands are).

Thanks!

--Dan
                    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I use MyMovies, and love it! I also convert them to DVR-MS for the extenders. I'm very interested in implimenting this in my HSTouch project. I'll be eager to see any guide/instructions you can give! Thanks very much.

Ian
                      Plugins:
                      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Great job! Can't wait to get more information. My Movies recently came out with an iPad app that looks pretty good. However, the WAF would not be high having to switch between apps on the iPad to watch a movie. I've been looking for something exactly like this for HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                          I use MyMovies, and love it! I also convert them to DVR-MS for the extenders. I'm very interested in implimenting this in my HSTouch project. I'll be eager to see any guide/instructions you can give! Thanks very much.

Ian

HI Ian (completelyhis)

I am so glad lots of other people are looking at this the same way i am.

Can i just ask what software you are using to convert your dvds to DVR-MS to use on your extenders?

Greig
                          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

VideoRedo. It's quick and easy. It also is able to auto remove commercials from recorded shows.

Ian
                            Plugins:
                            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Hi Colemascott,

Hope you had a great Xmas and Happy New year !

Have you had a chance to put together the instructions for the movie browser you have done ? I can't wait to get a similar system running with my new Archos 101 I got for Xmas !

If I am going to start on the project and need the mymovies program can you let me know which parts of the program I need to buy as I think it is modular isn't it?

Once again many thanks for all your help.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X