www.homeseer.com

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Home Automation Hardware > General Hardware

General Hardware Discussions related to home automation hardware such as computers, HA interfaces, thermostats, etc.

Old April 28th, 2011, 10:00 PM
OverSeer

Try as I may I cannot get the software to install on my w7 machine. I'm trying in compatibility mode, sp2, sp3, it seems to always hang on 99% extracted. any ideas?

Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Updated FW on IPCams that I purchased. Easy. Here are the instructions. If you have never done anything like this or do not feel comfortable doing the firmware upgrade please don't attempt it; you can brick your camera.

Download the software used to flash the firmware at:

http://www.everbesthk.com/8-download...ade_207_XP.zip

Download the firmware to flash the IP camera at:

http://www.northq.com/download/9006/FW-NQ-9006.1009.zip

Install the software. Use compatibility mode if you are using W7. The application will not run in 64 Bit mode.

1 - Connect the included cable to the IPCam
2 - Install the camera on the same network switch as the upgrading machine.
3 - then insert a paperclip into the reset hole on the side of the unit.
4 - While holding down the reset button, plug in the power adapter.
5 - This will put the device into a firmware upgrade mode.
6 - The power light should flash while the network light should stay solid

Firmware upgrade
1 - You have the run the updater as THE administrator, not just as an administrator in MS Windows 7
2 - Open the Upgrade Utility app you installed earlier,
3 - select your current network adapter, the click browse targets.
4 - If the application finds the device,
5 - click on the Files button then
6 - navigate to where you saved the firmware file.
7 - Once you're ready, click on upgrade.
8 - It should wipe the EEPROM, write the new firmware, then
9 - verify that the image has been written successfully.

The process should take about 5 minutes or so. When it's finished, the device will reboot and once the power and network lights are solid, you should be good to go.

It will pull an IP from your DHCP server. The login is "Administrator" with no password (Blank).

This is the default screen of the IP Camera once you've updated the firmware.

Users of MS IE will need to download an activex component to use the camera.

References:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...d=0&p=37696463

http://www.sercomm.com/SWI/GUI/PROD_IPS.htm

http://www.northq.com/docs/NQ9006-installation.pdf
BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.
Old April 29th, 2011, 07:39 AM
OverSeer

No; try a XP boot diagnostic disk and see if that helps you. Here's a link I found doing a Google search.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthr...576933&page=17

Homeseer User
1 - HSPro 2.5.0.81 HSTouch 1.0.0.72-Wintel
2 - HS Standard 2.5.0.81- Wintel
3 - HS3 Pro V.XX-Wintel-on for a bit
4 - HS3 Zee V.XX- Linux- ON -+ running Remote Plugin #1 Spuds UPB Plugin and Remote Plugin #2 (Rob's HAI plugin)
5 - HS3 Linux V.XX-Ubuntu (64bit) - running HS3
6 - HS3 Linux V.XX Ubuntu (32bit)
7 - HS2 (2 boxes) to HS3 conduit (Jon's HS2-HS3 Connector)
Beta testing new Homeseer Leviton HAI Linux plugin - "******* "
PIs: ACRF2 | BLOutgoing Calls | BL RFID | BL UPS | CheaperRFID | Cumulus | CumulusR | HAI | UPB | mcsXap | Maestro | HSTouch | MCSTemperature | CM11 | WeatherXML | HSPhone | UltraLog | WAF AB8SS2 | SnelvCID | Jon00PerfmonHS2 | MaxUpTime | Jon00CCNM | mcsSprinklers | NeoSpeech | Russound
HW: Core2Duo | Atom D525 | HAI OPII | Russound CAA66(s) | Russound KPL(s) | WGL800(s) | Quatech QSE100D (s) | Z-Troller | XTB IIR | XTB | Insteon PLM | Edgeport/8 (s) | UPB | Way2Call | DigiAnywhere USB | Zoneminder (Ubuntu) | Temp08(s) | Temp05 (s) | DS9097(s) | NetCID(s) | Leviton Vizia RF+Z | MiCasa Vera 2 | Ananiah Electronics RFID(s) | HST-IWAR7 (Android) | Omnitouch 5.7 (s) | Omnitouch 5.7e (s) | Touch (WinCe) | Touch (XP) | Touch (Linux) | Davis Vantage View | Fine Offset | AAG | Dallas Instruments | Hydreon RG-11 | Foscam | Grandstream | Ubiquiti | HAI Omnitstat2 | HAI Touch Hub | HAI Video Server | WGL Rain8Net(s) | Seagate Dockstar (Arch Linux)
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Seer Deluxe

Thumbs up

For those with problems getting things to work under Windows 7

On my Windows 7 64 bit I loaded vmware and then loaded XP professional as a VM.
It has solved a number of problems includding the ELK security administration software.
Never could get them to work in compatability mode under Windows 7
HSPro 2.5.0.5 on Hometroller3, Stargate, IR Xpander, 4 channel Modulator, Davis weather station, X10, DS-10's, Zwave, Z-Troller, Intermatic, Schlage Link Locks and Trane Zwave thermostat, Home Server, Vista Media Center, ACRF, W800, RFXcom, OS temp sensors, Iphones, Genset, bunches of relays, wires etc
Lots of fun.
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:23 AM
OverSeer

installed xpPro on virtual machine. thanks for the tip. I installed the software, but in the instructions for flashing the firmware # 3 says,

3 - select your current network adapter, the click browse targets.

I never saw that...all i see is browse or exit. I am able to to get the device in flash mode, at least based on the power light flashing and the network light being steady. When I try to browse targets nothing shows up. any clues?

Ian
BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:23 AM
OverSeer

You have to see the MAC address of the camera via the virtual NIC on the VM. Try shutting off the "default" enabled firewall on your XP VM and see if that works.

Homeseer User
4 - HS3 Zee V.XX- Linux- ON -+ running Remote Plugin #1 Spuds UPB Plugin and Remote Plugin #2 (Rob's HAI plugin)
PIs: ACRF2 | BLOutgoing Calls | BL RFID | BL UPS | CheaperRFID | Cumulus | CumulusR | HAI | UPB | mcsXap | Maestro | HSTouch | MCSTemperature | CM11 | WeatherXML | HSPhone | UltraLog | WAF AB8SS2 | SnelvCID | Jon00PerfmonHS2 | MaxUpTime | Jon00CCNM | mcsSprinklers | NeoSpeech | Russound
HW: Core2Duo | Atom D525 | HAI OPII | Russound CAA66(s) | Russound KPL(s) | WGL800(s) | Quatech QSE100D (s) | Z-Troller | XTB IIR | XTB | Insteon PLM | Edgeport/8 (s) | UPB | Way2Call | DigiAnywhere USB | Zoneminder (Ubuntu) | Temp08(s) | Temp05 (s) | DS9097(s) | NetCID(s) | Leviton Vizia RF+Z | MiCasa Vera 2 | Ananiah Electronics RFID(s) | HST-IWAR7 (Android) | Omnitouch 5.7 (s) | Omnitouch 5.7e (s) | Touch (WinCe) | Touch (XP) | Touch (Linux) | Davis Vantage View | Fine Offset | AAG | Dallas Instruments | Hydreon RG-11 | Foscam | Grandstream | Ubiquiti | HAI Omnitstat2 | HAI Touch Hub | HAI Video Server | WGL Rain8Net(s) | Seagate Dockstar (Arch Linux)
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:49 PM
OverSeer

Pete,
Thanks for the tip - no luck though.
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:22 PM
OverSeer

Not sure what's wrong w/my virtual machine, but I threw xpPro (the same one I put on the virtual machine) onto a laptop I have sitting around, and it was able to find the camera, so now I'm flashing 8 of them, and the fun starts!

Ian
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:50 PM
OverSeer

Good news there Ian.

Homeseer User
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Seer Master

I'm be incorrect but I was checking on my firewall and I noticed that these cameras are making connections to this location see print screen, including the internal ip cameras.
Attached Images

Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
OverSeer

I see the same from the Camera. Its literally blasting the firewall every few seconds. I don't know what to make of it. Its using port 8802.

Code:
78.109.216.253 (0x4E6DD8FD.cust.taanx.net.vipgroup.dk)

BW whois 5.0 by Bill Weinman (http://whois.bw.org/)
Copyright 1999-2006 William E. Weinman
Request: 78.109.216.253
connected to whois.arin.net [199.71.0.47:43] ... 
connected to whois.arin.net [199.71.0.46:43] ... 
#
# Query terms are ambiguous.  The query is assumed to be:
#     "n 78.109.216.253"
#
# Use "?" to get help.
#

#
# The following results may also be obtained via:
# http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=78...showARIN=false
#

NetRange:       78.0.0.0 - 78.255.255.255
CIDR:           78.0.0.0/8
OriginAS:       
NetName:        78-RIPE
NetHandle:      NET-78-0-0-0-1
Parent:         
NetType:        Allocated to RIPE NCC
Comment:        These addresses have been further assigned to users in
Comment:        the RIPE NCC region. Contact information can be found in
Comment:        the RIPE database at http://www.ripe.net/whois
RegDate:        2006-08-29
Updated:        2009-05-18
Ref:            http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-78-0-0-0-1

OrgName:        RIPE Network Coordination Centre
OrgId:          RIPE
Address:        P.O. Box 10096
City:           Amsterdam
StateProv:      
PostalCode:     1001EB
RegDate:        
Updated:        2011-03-15
Ref:            http://whois.arin.net/rest/org/RIPE

ReferralServer: whois://whois.ripe.net:43

OrgTechHandle: RNO29-ARIN
OrgTechName:   RIPE NCC Operations
OrgTechPhone:  +31 20 535 4444 
OrgTechEmail:  do_not_email@ripe.invalid
OrgTechRef:    http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/RNO29-ARIN

#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html
#

Homeseer User
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
OverSeer

I am seeing the same thing. I have 2 cameras and they are both sending something to 78.109.216.253

I added this URL to the "blocked" list in my router.

Steve Q
Homeseer Pro 2.5.0.81-HSTouch-iPad Client-iTouch Client--W800 ACRF2--Cheaper RFID(transmitter&receiver)--mcsXAP 2.3--USBUIRT--TEMP08--1WireSwitch--xapmcs1wire 3.0.4.7 -- xapmcsDatabase 1.3--TI103--lots of X10 & xAP stuff --Z-stick(Aeon)--GE z-wave modules--Trane z-wave thermostat.....284 devices -- 659 events
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Seer Master

It seems that the nq is getting info constantly on that port. Not sure what. I blocked tha port but i m curious on what info they are collecting. I have 5 cameras.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
Seer Master

That's a bit concerning - is there anyway to capture some packets to see what it is sending?
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:53 PM
OverSeer

I think we are all using the same software that we got from the link posted in this thread. I have a feeling it is infected with a virus that is probably trying to send information; perhaps the IP address of the camera. Perhaps its harmless, but maybe not! I can't tell if my router is successfully preventing it from sending or not. All I can see are many log entries in the outgoing log; even after I added the IP address to the "blocked" list.

I agree we need to find out what information is being sent.

Steve Q
Homeseer Pro 2.5.0.81-HSTouch-iPad Client-iTouch Client--W800 ACRF2--Cheaper RFID(transmitter&receiver)--mcsXAP 2.3--USBUIRT--TEMP08--1WireSwitch--xapmcs1wire 3.0.4.7 -- xapmcsDatabase 1.3--TI103--lots of X10 & xAP stuff --Z-stick(Aeon)--GE z-wave modules--Trane z-wave thermostat.....284 devices -- 659 events
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:16 AM
OverSeer

I'll throw Sniffer Pro on it and see what its sending. I don't think its a virus though.

Homeseer User
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
OverSeer

I've not seen anything unusual yet; odd though that I'm not catching the traffic filtering on the IP's.

Homeseer User
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Seer Master

Thanks Pete for looking into this for us. The first indication is that NorthQ is receiving this info from these cameras see my print screen below. Not sure why these camera are sending info to the main company.

On another note: Another user was asking about Vitamin D, I successfully configured it, if they did not find an answer yet, I can provide it to them.

Thanks,
Aldo
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:06 PM
OverSeer

Aldo, Your screen print was not attached.

When I googled "RIPE" , I saw a lot of stuff related to Russian scammers. This concerns me.

Steve Q
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:58 PM
OverSeer

RIPE is just one of the half dozen or so Network Coordination organizations that hand out IP addresses. This address range happens to fall into the range that RIPE manages.

When I do a whois on that IP address, the full record from RIPE.net indicates a company called "VIP Group ApS" in Denmark. I don't have one of these cameras, but I'd see if that company has anything to do with the image you've been flashing.

Steve
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:54 PM
OverSeer

Wonder what would happen if I blocked that IP address in my router, or windows firewall?

Ian