This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foscam Presets?

Does anyone know of a way to add buttons for preset positions in Foscam cams? Every app I have on iPhone has some sort of way of going directly to each preset in each of my cams: buttons, check marks, etc. How do i add these to HSTouch on iPhone? I have used the template provided by HomeSeer for IP cams, which works great. However, it only gives camera motion control in 4 directions. No presets...

I think you have to update the foscam ip cam firmware to get preset options. Then it's just a matter of configuring the presets, then adding the button to open the url that activates the preset.

I think someone posted in the forums (maybe pete?) they had updated their firmware. Be wary is what I gathered from the posts as the firmware you install (if the wrong FW is installed) may nearly brick your camera.

I hope this is less common as I'd really like that option on my HSTouch screens as well.
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
      I think you have to update the foscam ip cam firmware to get preset options. Then it's just a matter of configuring the presets, then adding the button to open the url that activates the preset.

I think someone posted in the forums (maybe pete?) they had updated their firmware. Be wary is what I gathered from the posts as the firmware you install (if the wrong FW is installed) may nearly brick your camera.

I hope this is less common as I'd really like that option on my HSTouch screens as well.
      I think you misunderstood me. I do have the latest firmware and I do have the presets on my Foscam IP cams configured where I want them. I also use two different iPhone/iPad apps to view my cams and both of theses apps support presets that are programmed in each of my cams. One of them even supports audio!

What I do not know is how to do is insert the URLs for these presets into HSTouch. I have no idea where to get the URLs for each preset, since they are saved on board of each of cams. Each of the iPhone IP cam apps just connects to the camera and retrieves the settings, including presets. But I need to have them in HSTouch, not in a separate app. I though that, perhaps, someone has figured this dilemma out by now...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
        I think you misunderstood me. I do have the latest firmware and I do have the presets on my Foscam IP cams configured where I want them. I also use two different iPhone/iPad apps to view my cams and both of theses apps support presets that are programmed in each of my cams. One of them even supports audio!

What I do not know is how to do is insert the URLs for these presets into HSTouch. I have no idea where to get the URLs for each preset, since they are saved on board of each of cams. Each of the iPhone IP cam apps just connects to the camera and retrieves the settings, including presets. But I need to have them in HSTouch, not in a separate app. I though that, perhaps, someone has figured this dilemma out by now...
        Check out the XML file on the Foscam page on the HomeSeer site. It includes some examples if memory serves me correctly.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Take a look at this ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/pub/HomeSeer%...t%20Camera.zip
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Check out the XML file on the Foscam page on the HomeSeer site. It includes some examples if memory serves me correctly.
            I am actually using that file. Works great. Unfortunately, it only includes the four control buttons (up, down, left, right) and nothing for presets...

Comment

This web site shows this url:

http://<IP_CAM>/decoder_control.cgi?command=30&user=<user>&pwd=<pass> <====== Set the preset 0

Parameters value

0 up
              1 Stop up
              2 down
              3 Stop down
              4 left
              5 Stop left
              6 right
              7 Stop right
              ... Reserved
              25 center
              26 Vertical patrol
              27 Stop vertical patrol
              28 Horizon patrol
              29 Stop horizon patrol
              30 Set preset 0
              31 Go preset 0
              32 Set preset 1
              33 Go preset 1
              34 Set preset 2
              35 Go preset 2
              62 Set preset 16
              63 Go preset 16
              And the list goes further until preset 16
              94 IO output high
              95 IO output low

---
              Just copy one of the buttons (left for example), put it on the designer screen somewhere that makes sense to you, change the text to preset 0, and change the url per above.

Do the same for all the presets you want..

If you have the HS netcam plugin, you can have it go to preset, and a short time later take a snapshot. You could do that all automatically, but it would get annoying if it was on constant patrol if you're trying to control it via HS Touch. Some crafty HSTouch setup and you could inhibit the patrol mode while your HSTouch client is connected and the camera screen was active.

Hope that is more helpful than the last.

Now, is your netcam a HS netcam that you updated the firmware? Can you post instructions or link to instructions for that as I'd like preset options too
              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Hmmmm... Subscribing...
                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

This web site shows this url:

http://<IP_CAM>/decoder_control.cgi?command=30&user=<user>&pwd=<pass> <====== Set the preset 0

Parameters value

0 up
                  1 Stop up
                  2 down
                  3 Stop down
                  4 left
                  5 Stop left
                  6 right
                  7 Stop right
                  ... Reserved
                  25 center
                  26 Vertical patrol
                  27 Stop vertical patrol
                  28 Horizon patrol
                  29 Stop horizon patrol
                  30 Set preset 0
                  31 Go preset 0
                  32 Set preset 1
                  33 Go preset 1
                  34 Set preset 2
                  35 Go preset 2
                  62 Set preset 16
                  63 Go preset 16
                  And the list goes further until preset 16
                  94 IO output high
                  95 IO output low

---
                  Just copy one of the buttons (left for example), put it on the designer screen somewhere that makes sense to you, change the text to preset 0, and change the url per above.

Do the same for all the presets you want..

If you have the HS netcam plugin, you can have it go to preset, and a short time later take a snapshot. You could do that all automatically, but it would get annoying if it was on constant patrol if you're trying to control it via HS Touch. Some crafty HSTouch setup and you could inhibit the patrol mode while your HSTouch client is connected and the camera screen was active.
                  Hey,
                  It worked out great. I looked up the code for the up/down buttons in the HomeSeer XML file and modified the preset number it it per above. Thanks again!

Last edited by VirtualPanther; August 6, 2011, 12:36 PM. Reason: stupid Dropbox: can't see pics...

Comment

Can't see the image you posted on dropbox.

Glad you got what you were looking for Hope to update the firmware on my foscam this weekend and add the buttons to my HSTouch clients.
                    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Can't see the image you posted on dropbox.

Glad you got what you were looking for Hope to update the firmware on my foscam this weekend and add the buttons to my HSTouch clients.
                      Sorry about that. I uploaded to tinypic: now you can actually see the linked screen cap from my iPhone

Comment

If you have the HS netcam plugin, you can have it go to preset, and a short time later take a snapshot.
                        I've trying to figure out how to do that, without much luck. I do have the Netcam plug-in, and now i have the correct URL for each preset. I currently have a cam in garage, as you know. I also have two RFID events that automatically open one of my garage doors based on which car is currently approaching the garage. I wanted to add two more actions to each of those events:
                        1. have the cam to go to the preset for the appropriate door
                        2. take 5 snapshots, say, every 0.3 sec or something like that

The Netcam plug-in makes it easy to add snapshots. However, to make the cam point to the right door, I need a a script that would run a code similar to the one used in HSTouch to make a cam go to the selected preset. My attempts to use a code above have not succeeded. Then again, I have no idea how to write scripts...

Can someone help me out with this?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                          I've trying to figure out how to do that, without much luck. I do have the Netcam plug-in, and now i have the correct URL for each preset. I currently have a cam in garage, as you know. I also have two RFID events that automatically open one of my garage doors based on which car is currently approaching the garage. I wanted to add two more actions to each of those events:
                          1. have the cam to go to the preset for the appropriate door
                          2. take 5 snapshots, say, every 0.3 sec or something like that

The Netcam plug-in makes it easy to add snapshots. However, to make the cam point to the right door, I need a a script that would run a code similar to the one used in HSTouch to make a cam go to the selected preset. My attempts to use a code above have not succeeded. Then again, I have no idea how to write scripts...

Can someone help me out with this?
                          You can run an in-line script using &hs.GetUrl (see the homeseer help for the format of the parameters). The action would be "run script" and the script field would have something like this:

&hs.geturl "<ip of camera>","/decoder_control.cgi?command=31&user=<user>&pwd=<pass>",FALSE ,"80"

It will then open the link from your camera and activate the 'go to preset 0' command. If your camera isn't on port 80, change it from 80 to your camera's port.

You do not need to worry about the ip address you might use from the internet, just the ip address HS would need to use to open that link from inside your home's LAN.

Now for the event for door #0 relates to preset 0 (for example purposes):

Detect rfid, trigger event for door #0.
                          Run script : &hs.geturl "<ip of camera>","/decoder_control.cgi?command=31&user=<user>&pwd=<pass>",FALSE ,"80"
                          Wait x seconds (try worst case time for camera to be in position and put that time here)
                          Netcam -> Netcam Actions -> Take a series of pictures : 5 pictures 0.5 apart

You can tinker and optimize these actions to suit your camera.

You can do something that just uses events (rather than scripts) to enable copying those 5 images to something special, like Door0_pic1, Door0_pic2, but that will require a couple of virtual devices to track which picture is currently being copies from your camera's last taken picture.

Or, you can do 5 separate event actions to take a picture, and then copy the file, take another picture, copy that file, etc. Then those images can be displayed in HSTouch using predefined names.

Probably a better way, but it's what comes to mind.
                          huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Also, does anyone have the latest firmware for the HS provided offical Foscam FI8908W wireless indoor ip cam? I can't find it online and am seeing that installing the wrong firmware might brick the camera. I hear it gives that camera presets which would be an awesome addition
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Also, does anyone have the latest firmware for the HS provided offical Foscam FI8908W wireless indoor ip cam? I can't find it online and am seeing that installing the wrong firmware might brick the camera. I hear it gives that camera presets which would be an awesome addition
                              What is your camera model and the current "exact" system firmware and web UI versions?

Comment

Working...
                              X