Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

Update, we now have a capacitive version available here:
    http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...P1458C260.aspx
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Will it work on UK voltage 240V and how does it connect to HS?

Bit late to ask this question as I have purchased one!
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Forgot to ask, is it programmable using HS Designer?
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hey Gogs

Its powered by POE (power over Ethernet), so you'll need a Euro tap to POE to power it. The one I saw on the product page was US I think. You should be able to find one on your side of the pond.
        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
          Hey Gogs

Its powered by POE (power over Ethernet), so you'll need a Euro tap to POE to power it. The one I saw on the product page was US I think. You should be able to find one on your side of the pond.
          No, it will work in Europe(230V), you must change the plug or cable.
          http://store.homeseer.com/store/Air8...tor-P1402.aspx

Comment

Thought that's what I said, as that page shows the US power cable that would need a euro adapter tap for it. Gogs, either way, if you didn't buy HS's POE, you can find one near you.
            Paul

Comment

OK so doed poe maen if I give it a connection to the LAN it works?
              sigpic

Comment

In addition to buying the touchscreen unit, you need a unit that will provide the 48 volts it needs to power up. It will plug in between the cable and either end of the cable running to the touch screen.

The choices are:

1) Buy HS's unit and then get a straight converter that lets you plug a US power plug into a euro outlet. (no voltage conversion is needed, just simply let a us plug go into an outlet in your wall)

2) Find an POE injector that plugs into Euro power that has the right plug end on it.

You can place that power injector at either end of the cable, so if you don't have a plug handy where the touch screen will go, or that will be unsightly, you can put the injector in the closet where the ET cable plugs into your network.

How it works:
                • ET cable 1 goes into your network router / switch.
                • The other end of ET Cable 1 then plugs into the injector.
                • ET cable 2 plugs into the injector.
                • The other end of ET cable 2 travels to where the touch screen iw
                • Injector is plugged in to the wall to provide the 48 volts that the touchscreen needs and travels down one of the pairs of wires
                Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pbibm View Post
                  In addition to buying the touchscreen unit, you need a unit that will provide the 48 volts it needs to power up. It will plug in between the cable and either end of the cable running to the touch screen.

The choices are:

1) Buy HS's unit and then get a straight converter that lets you plug a US power plug into a euro outlet. (no voltage conversion is needed, just simply let a us plug go into an outlet in your wall)

2) Find an POE injector that plugs into Euro power that has the right plug end on it.

You can place that power injector at either end of the cable, so if you don't have a plug handy where the touch screen will go, or that will be unsightly, you can put the injector in the closet where the ET cable plugs into your network.

How it works:
                  • ET cable 1 goes into your network router / switch.
                  • The other end of ET Cable 1 then plugs into the injector.
                  • ET cable 2 plugs into the injector.
                  • The other end of ET cable 2 travels to where the touch screen iw
                  • Injector is plugged in to the wall to provide the 48 volts that the touchscreen needs and travels down one of the pairs of wires
                  Thanks, I have ordered one - now the fun begins.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                    Thanks, I have ordered one - now the fun begins.
                    HSTouch was not in the budget this year time or $$ wise, but will be next year. There is a lot of appeal to me, with the time I have, to a device that comes ready to go so that progress can be made initially without a lot of new things to learn.

I will be observing with anticipation
                    Paul

Comment

Two questions - any thought about a wifi in the future? I assume you could run wifi off the USB port? Also, does it have an internet browser as part of the android OS?

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                        Two questions - any thought about a wifi in the future? I assume you could run wifi off the USB port? Also, does it have an internet browser as part of the android OS?
                        why not use a normal tablet and wall mount it?

Comment

It is something I am looking at - Google table or Kindle fire. What I don't like about this is that there are no clean mounting options - that I have found. This unit has a clean mounting option and speaker arrangement.

Comment

I ordered three to start with. I'm expecting a high WAF. Similar to a security keypad, it's dedicated to a specific function, in this case HomeSeer. The touchscreen will always be ready, no losing wi-fi connection, can't lose a charge, always in the same place, and no worries about whether HSTouch is running or not.

I do plan to have some tablets around the house, too, but for HS, this should be a great device.

Kevin

Comment

What is the minimal depth required in the wall?

I have some 110v cables crossing two studs where I'd like to mount the touchscreen.

Comment

Working...
                              X