Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Post any comments, questions, or issues with Version 2 of Snevl Latitude (library thread here:http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...30#post1039930) in this thread.

Upgrade applied and ran perfectly as per instructions. database upgraded from v2 to v4. Oh that all upgrades were as simple!

seems to be working with one exception: on the track history log, I no longer have the map next to the table. the heading is there, but instead of the graphic there is a 1 line text description of what the map would show. The log shows this:

17/11/2012 19:05:29 Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/images/
    17/11/2012 19:05:45 Error Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: D:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/images/

Will move the iphone to Btraced once I am satisfied that everything is running perfectly.

Simon

Comment

Simon,

To avoid exceeding the terms-of-use with Google, the script only creates a new map when the person moves to a new location. That is, if you haven't moved, it will not make a new map. The naming of the maps is completely changed (everything is now built around the name of the person not the Google Latitude badge, as it was before). Hopefully once you move around the map will show up.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by simonog View Post
        Will move the iphone to Btraced once I am satisfied that everything is running perfectly.
        It's probably worth pointing out before too many people get upset with me: The version of BTraced that works with Snevl Latitude is not yet available, but should be soon. A beta version was tested out by Gogs and jbbtex (thanks to both for helping out), and it works well. The BTraced developer was still putting some final changes in before posting it.

The current BTraced does NOT work with Snevl Latitude.

Steve

Comment

Android

Are the makers of the bt program looking at porting or making a android version ????

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
            Are the makers of the bt program looking at porting or making a android version ????
            As an Android phone owner with no iPhone (I was coding most of these changes in the blind!), I completely understand your request. They said it is on their to-do list, but they don't make much on this so the prospect of expanding to two platforms is pretty hard to swallow. I hope they do, but don't know if or when they will.

Steve

Comment

Will Not Connect

Steve,

Just did the upgrade to version 2. Followed the instructions, the database indicated in the log that it was version 2 and successfully was upgraded to 4. All looks good from that side, the web page shows btraced, etc.

However, When it comes to the iphone side of things, I am not able to get it to connect. I actually had to go into homeseer settings and disable the "Enable IP Hack Blocking" on the web server page, as it shut down the IP from my iphone.
              I suspect that it is in the logon portion, I manually logged on to my site using my btraced account and found it worked properly (guest account). The one thing that is different is your docs compared to my iphone. I do not have the "Use Basic Auth" option on my server screen. I also checked that BTraced is the current version.

Any thoughts?

Steven

Comment

Originally posted by karls View Post

Any thoughts?
                Steven,

See my post #4 above. The problem is that the version of BTraced that supports all of this is not available yet. Specifically, the stuff they are putting in is to allow the BTraced app to log into your Homeseer server.

Sorry, but you'll just need to hang in there until the BTraced guys manage to get the new version in the iTunes store.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
                  Steven,

See my post #4 above. The problem is that the version of BTraced that supports all of this is not available yet. Specifically, the stuff they are putting in is to allow the BTraced app to log into your Homeseer server.

Sorry, but you'll just need to hang in there until the BTraced guys manage to get the new version in the iTunes store.

Steve
                  DOH! Thats what happens when you browse over things. I noticed that Gogs was able to test it but missed the fact that the developer has not pushed it into iTunes yet.

I am guessing the authentication is a critical component of getting this to work with HomeSeer.

Have they given you any indication of when the new version may appear in iTunes?

Steven

Comment

The direct quote is "soon". Maybe a gift for the holidays!

Comment

phone is blocked

Hi Steve,
                      I tried to upgrade went fine.
                      Added a guestuser in HS
                      but when I add the IP adress to my homeseer to btraced I can not find the basic athenthication tab in the iphone app. And after a while HS blocked my phones IP.
                      If i remove the HS bloking - it still can not connect.
                      The app reports an error -1

any idears?
                      Best,
                      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                        Hi Steve,
                        I tried to upgrade went fine.
                        Added a guestuser in HS
                        but when I add the IP adress to my homeseer to btraced I can not find the basic athenthication tab in the iphone app. And after a while HS blocked my phones IP.
                        If i remove the HS bloking - it still can not connect.
                        The app reports an error -1

any idears?
                        SORRY #4 - We just have to wait!!!
                        Best,
                        Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

I know it's rather exciting when something new arrives on the market, OK, you have got 50% of it.

Having had the honour, thanks to Steve, to test the new all singing dancing BTraced in BETA I can assure you it is worth the patience.

An unofficial statement is that Santiago (BTraced) is compiling a release version for the app store, when he is ready will probably BETA test it for a couple of days, then release it.

I can assure Gentlemen and Ladies this is exciting and knocks the spots off Google even if you use BTraced's servers rather than your own.

One of the problems is that BTraced is not selling well in the App Store, it's quite hard to find. I tried to leave feedback, but cannot as the App Store does not recognise me as having the App, yet.

A small request, when and if you install this App leave feedback in the Istore, if there was a way to leave feedback for Snevl Latitude I would.

Take care and be patient.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                            I know it's rather exciting when something new arrives on the market, OK, you have got 50% of it.

Having had the honour, thanks to Steve, to test the new all singing dancing BTraced in BETA I can assure you it is worth the patience.

An unofficial statement is that Santiago (BTraced) is compiling a release version for the app store, when he is ready will probably BETA test it for a couple of days, then release it.

I can assure Gentlemen and Ladies this is exciting and knocks the spots off Google even if you use BTraced's servers rather than your own.

One of the problems is that BTraced is not selling well in the App Store, it's quite hard to find. I tried to leave feedback, but cannot as the App Store does not recognise me as having the App, yet.

A small request, when and if you install this App leave feedback in the Istore, if there was a way to leave feedback for Snevl Latitude I would.

Take care and be patient.
                            Hey Gogs. How do you mean "using the btraced server"? Is it possible to use the btraced server with Snevl?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                              Hey Gogs. How do you mean "using the btraced server"? Is it possible to use the btraced server with Snevl?
                              No not quite what I meant. You can use either Snevl and have BTraced sent directly to you HS computer or you can have BTraced send to Bwired's/Btraced Server.

However Snevl will only work if you have BTraced set to send to your HS computer. Well at least at this point.
                              sigpic
                              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                              X