'last update' information not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'last update' information not updating

I am using version 2.4.0.7 of this plug-in. with some TR40's. The "Last Update" information in the status field on the status page never gets updated except when HomeSeer is started. This worked in version 2.4.0.2 of the plug-in.

Does anyone else see this problem?

I have a light status not updating for some reason.. It says "on" weather its on or off. Another funny thing is the yellow highlight is gone, when it used to be there.. I dont know if I screwed someting up or not, compared settings to another z-wave light that DOES update its status. So Im still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Name View Post
      I have a light status not updating for some reason.. It says "on" weather its on or off. Another funny thing is the yellow highlight is gone, when it used to be there.. I dont know if I screwed someting up or not, compared settings to another z-wave light that DOES update its status. So Im still looking.
      You need to reset the device status. You can do this by using Control > Immediate Script Command. Key in &hs.setdevicestring "A1", clear replacing A1 with your device code.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainman View Post
        I am using version 2.4.0.7 of this plug-in. with some TR40's. The "Last Update" information in the status field on the status page never gets updated except when HomeSeer is started. This worked in version 2.4.0.2 of the plug-in.

Does anyone else see this problem?
        I requested priority support on this last year and it was resolved eventually along with other problems. It's been working for months now so I trust it to not set incorrect set points, etc. However, when there is a temperature change I get a double trigger. I doubt HS will ever fix this since it's been a year and my ticket is still open.

Note that this is for HS2 only.

I'm not sure why HS never put this in the updater since others would surely benefit so I have attached this beta, version 2.4.0.14.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mountainman
          Just want to check and see if this version .14 is still working for you. I have been using the .7 version for years and have programmed around the bugs (i.e. programming set points in the right order). However, I have always been disappointed that the Last Change has always said Never Set. Sounds like .14 resolves that.
          You mentioned double triggers. Does that mean a temp change shows up in the log twice rapidly in succession? If so, I can deal with that.
          Jono

Comment

Yes, it has been working great except for double-triggering in certain cases. The 'last change' does work now.

Rich suggested setting 'do not re-trigger for xxx' in any events to prevent double-triggering instead of fixing the plug-in. I couldn't get him to actually fix it and then finally I was told all development for HS2 has ceased. Here is how I characterized the problem to him:

I started verifying more of the design by trying these triggers:

1) When I trigger on 'Temperature Changed to Changed to any', this generates 1 trigger as expected.

2) When I trigger on 'Temperature Greater Than 75', this generates 1 trigger as expected.

3) When I trigger on 'Temperature Decreases Changed to any', this generates 2 triggers back-to-back (I get two emails) instead of 1 trigger.

4) When I trigger on 'Temperature Increases Changed to any', this generates 2 triggers back-to-back (I get two emails) instead of 1 trigger.

So, it looks like two of the trigger types generate erroneous extra triggers.

Comment

Thanks Mountainman. I just replaced the .dll with the one in your post. All seems to be working fine with the "last changed" function. I will keep an eye on double triggers but don't expect that will be a big problem for me.

Comment

Working...
              X