Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon00 Eaton UPS Monitor

Version 2 for Homeseer 3 is now available

This unmanaged plugin allows you to monitor an Eaton (formerly Powerware) Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) which use their free Personal Solution-Pac Power Management Software. This includes the Eaton Ellipse ASR 600/750/1000/1500 USBS, Ellipse MAX, Protection Station, Protection Center, NOVA and AVR UPS.

This allows the software to operate as intended but also allow Homeseer access to the data. It will create virtual devices which will enable you to view and trigger on the following metrics:

» AC Present
    » Battery Capacity
    » Run time until empty
    » Percentage load
    » Output voltage
    » UPS Overload
    » Battery replacement
    » Communications lost
    » UPS Internal failure

In addition, virtual devices are created to display the date/time for the following:

» Last update
    » Last power failure
    » Last power restored

The plugin monitors the Eaton UPS log and if it sees any change will immediately trigger on changes detected. Triggering within Homeseer is via device value changes per device.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jon00; November 23, 2018, 12:49 PM.
    Jon

Many thanks...I have used this make for ages.

Comment

Darren,

I happened to have a small power outage earlier in the week. I noticed today that the power restore time/date was not being preserved. This was due to the UPS repeating the restore message in the log after a period of time.

I've released V1.0.1 to resolve this issue.
      Jon

Comment

Finally got round to sorting this out...lots to do when you erase a 10 year old config and start again...but that's another story!

I am getting the following errors:

Code:

23/03/2013 16:58:53  - Jon00_EatonUPS - Error in Parselog block 12: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/ACPower.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/Battery100.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/BatteryRuntime.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/Load.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/Voltage.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/NoOverload.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/CommsOK.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/NoFailure.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/DateTime.png
        23/03/2013 17:00:19  - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/images/jon00eatonups/BatteryGreen.png
        I think there maybe some files missing from the distribution but I am not sure what the first error means.

Using 2.63.0.3 of the Personal-Pac client.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

Hi Darren,

Would you please email me your Eaton log.xml file. As I only had my new installation to go on, there may be something different.

Also do you have any other XML files in the same directory?
          Jon

Comment

Have uploaded both of the iXML docs that are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\EATON\PersonalSolutionPac and my ini file.
            Attached Files

Comment

Darren,

I'll try and take a look at this over Easter.
              Jon

Comment

thanks

Comment

I don't know what I did but I missed out some of the files and the documentation was incomplete! I also corrected the error.

Please try version 1.0.2
                  Jon

Comment

ok thanks will download

Comment

All fixed thanks

Comment

I seem to getting a strange CPU usage from the UPS monitor...(see ScreenShot) which seems to be creeping up slowly.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Darren
                        Attached Files

Comment

That is not right. I've just checked mine and it is on 0% CPU using 9.5K memory.

What is your current HS uptime?
                          Jon

Comment

Its a mere couple of mins...it tends to cycle between 0 and 50% cpu usage every few mins.

I had just restarted the HS Box after I took the screenshot but the uptime doesn't seem to make much difference.

Comment

What OS are you running HS on? Is it still functioning correctly?
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X