Z-Wave Gate Switch? Need Recomendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Gate Switch? Need Recomendation

Does anyone know of an HS compatible Z-wave product that I could use to monitor a back gate for open / close.

Are there any heavy duty outdoor mag switches or something like that?

Thanks for any info.

Here's a heavy duty magnet that could be used with the Z-Wave door and window sensor stored in a water proof box.
    http://www.smarthome.com/7455B/Garag...226L-3-/p.aspx
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Excellent idea Rupp!

Here's the end result. It ain't pretty, but it works. An Everspring (HM-DW001) mag switch in PVC "weatherproof" housing.

Using the heavy duty magnet from your recommendation, it works just fine.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

So is the door and window sensor inside the pvc? Does the cap slip off to change the batteries? How about range. How far is this from your controller?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          So is the door and window sensor inside the pvc? Does the cap slip off to change the batteries? How about range. How far is this from your controller?
          Yes, I just dropped the switch inside the PVC after taping the tamper closed. The PVC caps are not glued on, just a tight slip fit.

It is about 40 feet from the Z-Troller. However, I have a Fortrezz siren module about 15 feet away which may be acting as a relay. I'll have to run Zseer and see how it's connecting for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X