Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arduino For HS3 Beta testers Wanted.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino For HS3 Beta testers Wanted.....

*****Now available HereNow available Here******
    Attached Files
    Last edited by enigmatheatre; December 22, 2013, 06:16 PM.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Very nice!

Hi enigmatheatre, nice work --- this looks great!

I started messing around with an arduino a few weeks ago but did not see any easy way to use it with HS.

I really think the arduino platform opens up a new world of possibilities for HS so thanks for getting this started.

I'd like to carve out some time to test this but not sure you would be willing to interface with some atlas scientific PCB's I would need to control a hydroponic setup I'm running. The PCB's are pretty easy to hookup and just need some basic text passed to them to operate.

I'm not a programmer so this was a bridge too far for me but I have a system up and running via some SW from apduino.org

you can check out my setup here, lots of info and photos

http://forums.apduino.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23

if you think you might be able to support the atlas scientific pH and conductivity PCBs I will try to carve out some time to mess with HS3 and this very cool plug-in

PS info on PCB's can be found here
    https://www.atlas-scientific.com/_fi...ircuit_5.0.pdf
    and here
    https://www.atlas-scientific.com/_fi...ircuit_3.0.pdf

system picture below
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
      Hi enigmatheatre, nice work --- this looks great!

I really think the arduino platform opens up a new world of possibilities for HS so thanks for getting this started.
      Thanks I hope people like it.

if you think you might be able to support the atlas scientific pH and conductivity PCBs I will try to carve out some time to mess with HS3 and this very cool plug-in
      Looking at the sensors I guess I could make them work with the plugin as at some point I would like to open a second comport on the board and send the data to my plugin but this is on a very long list of things to do.

Your system looks great and gets me thinking about monitoring my plants from homeseer.

Greig
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

OK, understand - I'll give it a spin - 1 question

I have been doing all of my work via ethernet. The serial lines on the arduino are not at the correct voltage level for a computer comm port (at least that is what it looks like to me) - how are you making the connection to your HS3 PC. Do you have some sort of RS232 Shield or are you doing something else.

Comment

I have been doing all of my work via ethernet. The serial lines on the arduino are not at the correct voltage level for a computer comm port (at least that is what it looks like to me) - how are you making the connection to your HS3 PC. Do you have some sort of RS232 Shield or are you doing something else.

I use the usb port to connect to Homeseer and for other projects I am going to use rs485 to TTL converters so I can use the board much further away from the Homeseer server.

For my plugin the output would be at TTL level and would need to be converted but this can be done with something like this

I am working on getting the Ethernet to work with my plugin but it is not proving to be reliable so I am looking for a little help with this.

Greig
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            I am working on getting the Ethernet to work with my plugin but it is not proving to be reliable so I am looking for a little help with this.
            Greig
            What are you having problems with ?
            Are you using FirmAta ?

Comment

No I am not using firmata as it will not support all the items I want.
              If I could pass a string from a vb.net script to the Ethernet shield then I could make it all work but I can't get this to work and can't find any examples.
              Can you help?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                No I am not using firmata as it will not support all the items I want.
                If I could pass a string from a vb.net script to the Ethernet shield then I could make it all work but I can't get this to work and can't find any examples.
                Can you help?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
                y think that the best approach is udp broadcast with a configurable port if you implement this in your plugin y could help with your arduino code and the w5100 lib
                Excuse my bad english

Comment

Hi there,

I'haven't yet the right material to proceed some test.

But I just want to support you in your way. You seem to have done a great job, and couple HS - Arduino is very promising.

Comment

Tester with HS3 Arduino running

Greig,

Please provide a step by step and I will install your script to the currently running HS3 on the HS Zee.

I am guessing that it will work. (IE: I have already tried a couple of basic scripts).

Note that your script will be running on the Zee running HS3 and just reading HW stuff on the board; nothing else at this time other than an "in vivo" script running on the HS3 Zee.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      Greig,

Please provide a step by step and I will install your script to the currently running HS3 on the HS Zee.

I am guessing that it will work. (IE: I have already tried a couple of basic scripts).

Note that your script will be running on the Zee running HS3 and just reading HW stuff on the board; nothing else at this time other than an "in vivo" script running on the HS3 Zee.
                      HI Pete,

I would love to send you my plugin but I have just had a HD fail on my development machine. I will look at this over the next couple of days and see what I can do.

This may not run on the Zee as it is a plugin and not a script but it would be good to try it. This will run as a remote plugin as I have tested this and it works well but this would mean having the board connected to another machine.

Thanks for the interest.

I will get back to you when I am up and running again.

Regards,

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Greig,

Sorry to hear about your HD failure.

Running it as a remote plugin would work for me; not in a rush these days (age thing).

I have now two HS3 boxes running. IE: the wintel HS3 box and the Linux HS3 box.

Not sure if the Zee can work with remote plugins at this time though.

The above noted it would be nice if the plugin ran on either wintel or linux OS with a remote connection to either HS3 boxes.

I can create whatever HW environment you specify to test in.

I would be OK right now to test your plugin with the Wintel HS3 running the plugin talking to the Linux HS3 running on the beagleboard.
                        Last edited by Pete; October 13, 2013, 11:38 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Still willing to test this plug-in

Hi Greig

I emailed you back in Aug. to get a copy of your plug-in to test but I did not hear back.

Wondering if you received my email or if I missed something - how do I get the plug-in (or script) to test?

Pls let me know when you get a free moment...

Comment

Hi Greig

I emailed you back in Aug. to get a copy of your plug-in to test but I did not hear back.

Wondering if you received my email or if I missed something - how do I get the plug-in (or script) to test?

Pls let me know when you get a free moment...
                            HI,

Sorry about that I guess I did not get the mail or something. I will send it to you when I get back up and running.

Greig
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Thanks Greig

Thanks Greig, hope you get things sorted out and you don't loose any data...

Comment

Working...
                              X