No announcement yet.

ZSmoke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rmasonjr: It looks like you added your own graphic and set definitions for those device types. I haven't done that yet. You mind sharing what your device settings look like?

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      rmasonjr: It looks like you added your own graphic and set definitions for those device types. I haven't done that yet. You mind sharing what your device settings look like?
      Thats just the thumbnail and device image for that smoke detector.
      When you add a ZWave device, the ZWave plugin tries to locate the device and supply an image. I suspect there are lots of missing devices.

I just googled for images for the First Alert ZSmoke, copied it to the /usr/local/home/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices/Z-Wave
      I just called mine zsmoke.jpg. From there, assign the Thumbnail image from the device screen.

Attached is the image I use.
      Attached Files
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks. I was wondering if that might have been what was actually done. I can get an image uploaded. I tried that with another device last night. Is it possible to add our own device definitions somehow so that it would pick the same image for that device going forward as well (if new ones were added)?

I am also seeing the the GE appliance module didn't get its picture (though I found one in the included images somewhere). . .

Comment

Trying to figure out which of these devices works with z-wave...

Both the ZSMOKE and the ZCOMBO work, according to this:
          http://products.z-wavealliance.org/S...xt=first+alert

But I wonder if the voice version of the ZCOMBO works.
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f=uwl_bm_im_dp

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post
            Trying to figure out which of these devices works with z-wave...

But I wonder if the voice version of the ZCOMBO works.
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f=uwl_bm_im_dp
            I don't think that's a ZCOMBO device.. doesn't mention Z-Wave anywhere (and would also be ridiculously cheap for a 3 pack).

Comment

Here's a script (in progress) to give some support for these units to HS2. Instructions are in the script.
              I still need to know what strings are received, if any, for Low Battery, Malfunction, and End Of Life. Otherwise, this translates the received strings to meaningful messages.
              The Device Value seems not to be actually stored by HS so I've assigned some values to the messages. The value could be used to trigger events.

Currently includes: Test in Progress, Test Success, (hopefully Test Failed), Smoke Detected, Smoke cleared, CO detected and CO Cleared.
              Includes a Heartbeat check. The ZSmoke appears to report once per hour. This optional function will alert you if this does not occur within a specified time.

This is a modified version of the original and should be treated as such. Delete any previously created events and start from scratch.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Wadenut; December 4, 2013, 07:50 AM.
              Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

OK. I have updated the script above. Treat this as a completely different item as the event definitions have changed. (Robert... you already have this)
                This includes a "Heartbeat check" routine which is called from a separate optional event.
                Includes a ZSmoke graphic which is the previously supplied JPG image (rmasonjr), converted to GIF with a transparent background.

Consider this a foundation. Modify to suit your own needs.
                If anyone does encounter the missing "Low Battery", "End of Life" or "Malfunction" messages, please do post the information for the rest of us.

Comment

ZSmoke!

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                  OK. I have updated the script above. Treat this as a completely different item as the event definitions have changed. (Robert... you already have this)
                  This includes a "Heartbeat check" routine which is called from a separate optional event.
                  Includes a ZSmoke graphic which is the previously supplied JPG image (rmasonjr), converted to GIF with a transparent background.

Consider this a foundation. Modify to suit your own needs.
                  If anyone does encounter the missing "Low Battery", "End of Life" or "Malfunction" messages, please do post the information for the rest of us.
                  In post 60, I listed the information for the replace battery message. It comes to the battery child device.
                  Last edited by Automated; December 5, 2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                    In post 60, I listed the information for the replace battery message. I comes to the battery child device.
                    Thanks; I saw that. The script I wrote deals only with the "Alarm" child device though. I was hoping optimistically, that something might eventually be reported there re battery status. I've been leaving mine alone (not even testing) in case the battery, and other conditions, might eventually report on their own. So far, only the hourly Heartbeat other than the alarms I did receive for smoke and CO while initially testing.

I find it incredible there's no documentation on this. The ZSmoke appears to be a Lowe's exclusive offering (US only so far) and meant to interface primarily with their IRIS system. I know nothing about IRIS nor what devices the system includes. A search for IRIS on their website is of no help. Results return "IRIS compatibility:" "Yes" or "No" on pretty much everything they sell, including floor mats (that's a NO naturally).

So, back to your info, the Battery Device Value is 255 on failure ?
                    If so, that can be used as a separate HS event trigger already. However, I suppose it could be integrated into the script. I see the Battery device value does contain the current battery level from the last test. In my case "89".

On the script I'd like some input:
                    Currently, it expects the Alarm device to be specified in the Event Action as a script parameter.
                    The goal was to keep things simple. If the devices can always be expected to appear in sequential order in HS; ie. Root = Q1, Alarm = Q2, Battery = Q3, then we could specify the Root device instead, and the script could deal with the Alarm and Battery devices reliably without having to define both separately. This would be my preference but since the device codes can be changed to anything by the user, it might not always be the case.

Comment

ZSmoke!

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                      Thanks; I saw that. The script I wrote deals only with the "Alarm" child device though. I was hoping optimistically, that something might eventually be reported there re battery status. I've been leaving mine alone (not even testing) in case the battery, and other conditions, might eventually report on their own. So far, only the hourly Heartbeat other than the alarms I did receive for smoke and CO while initially testing.

I find it incredible there's no documentation on this. The ZSmoke appears to be a Lowe's exclusive offering (US only so far) and meant to interface primarily with their IRIS system. I know nothing about IRIS nor what devices the system includes. A search for IRIS on their website is of no help. Results return "IRIS compatibility:" "Yes" or "No" on pretty much everything they sell, including floor mats (that's a NO naturally).

So, back to your info, the Battery Device Value is 255 on failure ?
                      If so, that can be used as a separate HS event trigger already. However, I suppose it could be integrated into the script. I see the Battery device value does contain the current battery level from the last test. In my case "89".

On the script I'd like some input:
                      Currently, it expects the Alarm device to be specified in the Event Action as a script parameter.
                      The goal was to keep things simple. If the devices can always be expected to appear in sequential order in HS; ie. Root = Q1, Alarm = Q2, Battery = Q3, then we could specify the Root device instead, and the script could deal with the Alarm and Battery devices reliably without having to define both separately. This would be my preference but since the device codes can be changed to anything by the user, it might not always be the case.
                      Yes, 255 upon failure. I suppose you could iterate through the devices with the set base code, and just interpret any with battery in the device name, or something along those lines.

Comment

I have an event triggered on battery value change. It just triggered. Conclusion. The battery child device does report separately.

Comment

Does anyone know if there are different models. The model I have I think is NO4-3073-105, or at least that is the number by the Made in Mexico.
                          The reason I ask is I have tried to no avail to add it to the Ztroller on HS3 and was scanning a forum for info on some of the Insteon products for another project where I ran across people using them with Insteon.

Consequently I was just wondering if there are models that work with Zwave that people on this forum are using and different modes that work with Insteon.

Thanks...Sonny

Comment

http://www.insteon.com/2982-222-smoke-bridge.html

Comment

Thanks. I had seen that when I was reading the forum and it didn't really address the protocol that I could find on what it used to communicate. Don't know it it talks the first alert with the Zwave or if they use a different type communication.

The one I picked up at Lowes with their Iris stuff and I thought had the Zwave emblem on the box it was in but doesn''t'have anything on the unit itself other than Model ZCOMBO under the First Alert on the back.

Maybe I picked up the wrong one.

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

If it's a "ZCOMBO" then it is Z-Wave. It's tricky to add to the network. You need to press the test button just after pressing Add on your Z-Troller (or Z-Stick). Don't hold the button pressed. This causes the ZSMOKE to 'forget' it's network settings. The ZSMOKE will only be awake for 30 seconds at a time. It may take several tries to add successfully. Then you need to ReScan it using HS. Again pressing the Test button. If on HS2, you'll need to manually add the associations to HS... again pressing the test button.
                                If everything is successful, you'll see the status last change update about once every 65 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X