***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

############FYI the Plugin is now in the updater#############.

Please post any questions regarding the HS3 plugin HERE
    Yes its working well.
    24.82%
    Yes but I am having problems.
    16.06%
    Downloaded but not use yet!
    10.22%
    I will but not at the moment.
    32.12%
    No I do not know what it is.
    16.79%
    Last edited by enigmatheatre; October 27, 2015, 03:42 PM.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

I have a netduino for testing. Is that enough 'duino to still work?

Also, are there any examples of applied use for the plugin and arduino, schematics-wise, or block-diagram-wise to let others who want to dig into 'duino-land but may need the light bulb to go off first?
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Sounds fantastic! This will open the door to a lot of possibilities.

Comment

Light bulb Thoughts!

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
        I have a netduino for testing. Is that enough 'duino to still work?

Also, are there any examples of applied use for the plugin and arduino, schematics-wise, or block-diagram-wise to let others who want to dig into 'duino-land but may need the light bulb to go off first?

I have not used and am not aware of a Beta tester who has used this with the netduino but I can not see why it would not work. If not then you could use the API .ino and add your own code to make this work for you.

There are basic examples in the manual which I have added to the first post.

I am aware of people using my HS2 script for:
        1.Door bell detection.
        2.Heating control with relay outputs and one wire heat detection in different rooms.
        3.moisture and humidity detection with analogue inputs.
        4.led driver control with the pwm outputs.
        5. Louvre blind control with servo outputs.

and many other inputs and output. The board can be configured to support most I/O

I guess other people could list what they are using it for.

I hope this lights your light bulb.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
          Sounds fantastic! This will open the door to a lot of possibilities.
          I hope so. If you find a use then please do post to help others understand what this plugin can do.

Greig.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Will it work together with the jeenode / jeelink?

Comment

Originally posted by vanisher View Post
              Will it work together with the jeenode / jeelink?
              There was a beta tester who was using jeenode and they reported it as working well.

just give it a go if you wish.

Greig.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Thanks for uploading the beta, I look forward to giving it a go .

Hope all is well.

Merry Christmas.
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I presume that connecting with an Arduino Yun over Wi-Fi would be the same as connecting over Ethernet? i.e. your plug-in won't even be aware of the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                    Thanks for uploading the beta, I look forward to giving it a go .

Hope all is well.

Merry Christmas.
                    All is fine now thanks Travis just got no time on my hands at the moment but I thought this should be my Christmas gift for all to play with in the holiday.

Merry Christmas.

Greig.
                    Scripts =
                    Various

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
                      I presume that connecting with an Arduino Yun over Wi-Fi would be the same as connecting over Ethernet? i.e. your plug-in won't even be aware of the difference?
                      I have not looked in to the Yun to much but it looks like it has a slightly different interface but I am sure that there will be a way to make it work and that if you want to give it a go and report back to me I will see what I can do. The problem is there are so many boards I cant test them all.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

If I understand this right it is a great remote IO board.

I am new to Arduino so I have few questions:

1. does is run stand alone on the ethernet? ie. I do not need a computer other than the homeseer HS3 somewhere on the same ethernet subnet?

2. what package (Arduino hardware + what?) do you suggest to start with? (I need IO and A/D input + ethernet) And can you suggest a EU webshop?
                        Best,
                        Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                          If I understand this right it is a great remote IO board.

I am new to Arduino so I have few questions:

1. does is run stand alone on the ethernet? ie. I do not need a computer other than the homeseer HS3 somewhere on the same ethernet subnet?
                          If you want to run this next to HS3 and you run a Wintel Server then you can use the boards usb to connect.

2. what package (Arduino hardware + what?) do you suggest to start with? (I need IO and A/D input + ethernet) And can you suggest a EU webshop?
                          1.Yes this is stand alone on the Ethernet so all you need is HS3 an Arduino and an Ethernet shield.

2. Im not sure I understand what you require but the basic setup I would start with is:

Arduino Uno and wires like This
                          Ethernet Shield like this
                          Relay board like this

I buy lots of things from Dealextream. They take a long time to deliver so if you are in a hurry to get going I would look for somewhere else.

If you want to go for something bigger in a kit then get the arduino mega. Something like This.
                          You would still need the same Ethernet Shield as the uno.

There are lots of other boards and lots of other ways of connecting devices but I would say this is a good place to start.

I hope this is what you are after.
                          Greig
                          Scripts =
                          Various

Comment

I found this:
                            http://store.arduino.cc/index.php?ma...roducts_id=201

does it not have both Arduino controller+IOs+Ethertnet build all on the same board?
                            Best,
                            Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                              I found this:
                              http://store.arduino.cc/index.php?ma...roducts_id=201

does it not have both Arduino controller+IOs+Ethertnet build all on the same board?
                              Yes this is an all in one board but it has no usb for easy programming. It can be programmed via a six-pin FTDI -style serial connector. The Arduino USB-to-Serial adapter or any FTDI-style USB-to-serial connector can be used to program it. But I thought it would be better as a starter to go with usb.

Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Working...
                              X